Tannehill: Waiting For The Draft... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill: Waiting For The Draft...

he will be our starting qb in 2019. they will reduce his pay check.

Depends on a lot of factors. If I was Tammehill I wouldn’t take a pay cut to play behind Miami’s OL. He would be better off taking a play cut to play behind a better OL. While the NYG and Jags have high picks, they could still want to bring in Tammehill as a bridge QB. TB could be interested because Jameis isn’t the answer. Also, if Tammehill lowers his salary enough, maybe the Patriots could be in play. Brady has one more year at most and who do they really have behind him. Trading off Jimmy G was real bad for them.

However, I’m fine with Tammehill leaving. He would lead us to another mediocre season when we need a high draft pick for 2020. Let Fales or Falk have a chance.

I don't understand how folks don't get this. I don't know all the QBs that will be available in FA, but i do know very few will be more appealing than Tannehill. In some places, he can come in and compete for a starting position and practically everywhere else he can come in and be a back-up that can help you win games.

If he goes to a team(which is most) that has at least a serviceable OL he will do well.

BTW, don't be surprised if he ends up with Gase on the Jets!

7 years of mediocrity already, another year of That isn’t going to get us anywhere. Does that make sense to you?

It's absolutely pointless to keep tannehill around. We know what he is and we all know it's time to move on. If he starts again we will be picking right around the 13th pick again next draft. He's too expensive to have as a back up. We should find our back up QB of the future this year and let them start so we increase our chances of landing a top pick in 2020. Or let's see what some of these young QB can do like Faulk, Fales, etc.

I think Washington and 3rd rounder has strong possibilities if they can lower the cap hit.

Reactions: A1.
If we're planning on blowing it all up and getting a high pick next season, Tannehill has to go. He'll never be a championship QB but he's not a 2-14 QB either.

Either way keeping him is a great way of going 8-8 again which doesn't help us at all.

• What is our cap hit if Tannehill stays?
  • If he’s cut?
  • What would his replacement cost if they were to bring an experienced QB in to replace him?
  • If he’s released, is there a financial upside when adding together dead money for RT & new QB $ over just keeping him another year?
Check out this web site for the cap hits for cutting (both outright and June 1 cuts), trading and other transactions and the impact on the salary cap. Lots of variables for the team to deal with and the way they can open up some cap room going forward. For example, making RT a June 1 cut, cutting Parker, Branch, Alonso and Sitton opens up about $45 million in cap space for 2019 and a little under $28 million in 2020 for a total available cap space of $123 million in 2020. That gives the team a ton of options.

https://overthecap.com/calculator/miami-dolphins/

Tannehill has little value in a trade or as a FA expect for becoming a backup QB.

No other team is going to turn their franchise over to a 31 year old, often injured, overrated QB without upside that was last in the league in 3rd down conversions, first in the league in 3 and out, 32nd in QBR only ahead of Rosen and has been a multiple HC and OC killer during his career despite being tutored by coaches considered to be QB savants.

Denver and Jags would be at best on par with Tannehill as they are with Keenum and Bortles. Washington which is the only other team that might be looking for a new starter will be looking to draft a QB and/or more likely to make a play for Foles or perhaps Bridgewater if Smith isn't able to return.

Tannehill was a mistake to begin with. He had the illusion of upside for some for a lame FO and overzealous fans thinking they know how to evaluate such a thing. Tannehill has a slow CPU and can't upgrade that. Time for Miami to bite the bullet and acknowledge their mistake and get rid of him in the most sensible way possible.

Na, Na, Na, Na...Na, Na, Na, Na...Hey, Hey, Hey, GOODBYE!!!

Not only does Washington make sense on paper, but I read somewhere the gruden has actually been a fan of tanny in the past. Who knows

I agree with Gase, although I liked him the first year and some change...

We are dysfunctional, but not as dysfunctional as the Browns WERE. They are a LT/RT in the draft and a LT/RT in FA away from the playoffs...maybe even the division. There is only ONE reason for this change. They drafted QBs until they hot theirs. We stayed pat with Tannehill and didn't develop him.

I think getting rid of Hue played a large role in the turn around. But keep on.

Tannehill has little value in a trade or as a FA expect for becoming a backup QB.

No other team is going to turn their franchise over to a 31 year old, often injured, overrated QB without upside that was last in the league in 3rd down conversions, first in the league in 3 and out, 32nd in QBR only ahead of Rosen and has been a multiple HC and OC killer during his career despite being tutored by coaches considered to be QB savants.

Denver and Jags would be at best on par with Tannehill as they are with Keenum and Bortles. Washington which is the only other team that might be looking for a new starter will be looking to draft a QB and/or more likely to make a play for Foles or perhaps Bridgewater if Smith isn't able to return.

Tannehill was a mistake to begin with. He had the illusion of upside for some for a lame FO and overzealous fans thinking they know how to evaluate such a thing. Tannehill has a slow CPU and can't upgrade that. Time for Miami to bite the bullet and acknowledge their mistake and get rid of him in the most sensible way possible.

Na, Na, Na, Na...Na, Na, Na, Na...Hey, Hey, Hey, GOODBYE!!!

Lol, he’ll be fine just like Gase. Not his fault he and Penny are the only decent QBs Miami has had since Marino. Ross has always been this organizations biggest problem, not a coach or a player, but hopefully he lucks out with Flores as he’s the one who truly calls all the shots.

Just like Flacco, Tannehill will make whichever team he plays on better and his former team will miss him if it happens because they are both good QBs. Not either guys fault the team paid them a lot because they couldn’t find anyone better and now probably want to get rid of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom