*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

Can not understand how so called experts on ESPN, NFLN, Radio, NFL/Sports magazine can't see the type of QB Tannehill is, and what the real reason he has not yet had an explosive season.

Even in that Video, after that ridiculous TD, one of the announcers even brought up how Tannehill is yet again on the ground, so they see Tannehill in his career has had to run for his life more times then not, they know he has been the most sacked QB going into 20017, yet they don't think he is that good a starting QB...Either they are very lazy to see what type of player he is, or just love disrespecting Miami Dolphins Players when possible.

Thats been the RT excuse the oline. Sure Martin made it worse with his antics causing a complete rebuild but remember RT was a backup till his senior year in college and then only posted a 8 8 record. There was a reason for that. We have a new oline for the most part this year so if he continues to fail the onus will definitely be on him. RT is tough as nails and I respect that but talent plays into this too.

Thats been the RT excuse the oline. Sure Martin made it worse with his antics causing a complete rebuild but remember RT was a backup till his senior year in college and then only posted a 8 8 record. There was a reason for that. We have a new oline for the most part this year so if he continues to fail the onus will definitely be on him. RT is tough as nails and I respect that but talent plays into this too.
So, you didn't watch the video?

Thats been the RT excuse the oline. .... RT was a backup till his senior year in college and then only posted a 8 8 record. There was a reason for that....,

Thanks for your lies, phintim. now the truth:

RT took over starting QB middle of his Jr. year, finishing 5-1. wins included #11 Oklahoma and #9 Nebraska and Texas on the road.

His Sr. year he was 7-6, including a bowl win over Northwestern. 5 OF THOSE 6 LOSSES WERE BY A TOTAL OF 8 POINTS - an average of 1.5pts per loss. (2 were in OT)

The 6th loss was by 16pts on road at #7 Oklahoma.

The losses were largely due to defensive collapses (see Endnote). RT was very good- Aggies were pleased with him but frustrated with Sherman's conservativeness and the D inability to hold leads that the O gave them.

I swear, it's a 24/7 job here cleaning up after posters who have to resort to nontruths or half truths to support their positions.

ENDNOTE. RT's senior yr losses include:

- D blowing a 20-3 halftime lead and allowing 27 straight points while Sherman started running out the clock by running- a common theme in 2011 that led to his firing.

- blew an 18pt halftime lead vs Arkansas.

-blew a 10pt lead w 6 mins left vs KState.

-blew 11 pt halftime lead vs Mizzou.

-blew a 9 pt halftime lead vs Texas, then when RT rallied for go ahead TD w 1:40 left,
gave up a last second FG.

Brutal Season!!!

Last edited:
Tunsil needs to get his crap together. Most of the big shots Tanne took where from Tunsils guy beating him.

Thanks for your lies, phintim. now the truth:

RT took over starting QB middle of his Jr. year, finishing 5-1. wins included #11 Oklahoma and #9 Nebraska and Texas on the road.

His Sr. year he was 7-6, including a bowl win over Northwestern. 5 OF THOSE 6 LOSSES WERE BY A TOTAL OF 8 POINTS - an average of 1.5pts per loss. (2 were in OT)

The 6th loss was by 16pts on road at #7 Oklahoma.

The losses were largely due to defensive collapses (see Endnote). RT was very good- Aggies were pleased with him but frustrated with Sherman's conservativeness and the D inability to hold leads that the O gave them.

I swear, it's a 24/7 job here cleaning up after posters who have to resort to nontruths or half truths to support their positions.

ENDNOTE. RT's senior yr losses include:

- D blowing a 20-3 halftime lead and allowing 27 straight points while Sherman started running out the clock by running- a common theme in 2011 that led to his firing.

- blew an 18pt halftime lead vs Arkansas.

-blew a 10pt lead w 6 mins left vs KState.

-blew 11 pt halftime lead vs Mizzou.

-blew a 9 pt halftime lead vs Texas, then when RT rallied for go ahead TD w 1:40 left,
gave up a last second FG.

Brutal Season!!!
gJMiphy.gif

Aside from the very elusive Russell Wilson, I challenge you to find another team with an OL ranked last or next to last in the entire ****ing league that has succeeded and made the playoffs in recent history! The sad fact is that until his last season, as Tannehill was naturally improving, his protection was getting worse than just "bad".

Even compare that to 2016 behind a very mediocre low 20s ranked OL, where Tannehill lead them to an 8-5 record, with a 7-1 run putting up a number of top 10 metrics including elite long ball accuracy and QBR from the rare clean pocket.

The difference between "Explanations" and "Excuses" parallels the difference between logic and emotion.

I think that Tannehill and Drake will be different players if given help from the oline. Tannehill has rarely had the luxury of time in the pocket or even a pocket where you can step up and make throws like Brady does all the time. Drake has zero holes and yet did a great job the final third of the season. When someone fast and shifty as Drake starts getting holes to run through we're going to see something very special. The kid reminds me of O.J. Simpson in his prime. I predicted Tannehill will be in the Pro Bowl and I'll stand by the prediction more than ever, we have Gisecki!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me paraphrase.... Yes the OL sucked, but what about these other lies to support my position? And, I'll claim that the OL is fixed and Tannehill will still fail. What about that?

Well that is the hope isn’t it?

That the man who was behind center in that 8 game stretch returns to a similar form in 2018.

Can not understand how so called experts on ESPN, NFLN, Radio, NFL/Sports magazine can't see the type of QB Tannehill is, and what the real reason he has not yet had an explosive season.

Even in that Video, after that ridiculous TD, one of the announcers even brought up how Tannehill is yet again on the ground, so they see Tannehill in his career has had to run for his life more times then not, they know he has been the most sacked QB going into 20017, yet they don't think he is that good a starting QB...Either they are very lazy to see what type of player he is, or just love disrespecting Miami Dolphins Players when possible.

That was the scouting report when facing Tannehill for 69 games. Shorten the field . . . pressure, pressure, pressure . . . .below average OLine . . , QB is not a Russell Wilson from a movement or an improvisional standpoint, etc.

Over the course of the next 8 weeks, he started to make that scouting report inaccurate and teams were gonna have to adjust as he “consistently” started to make them pay.

But this is still a guy in his 7th year since being drafted, who has been a way and will be away from real NFL action for the better part of 20 months and has not seen the success of an Andrew Luck to where those writers have the confidence to place him to the heights that some Dolfans want to place him.

It is nothing to get up in arms about . . . The man needs to get through camp, knock off whatever rust he has early on, and by the end of the season give us signs that the dude in 2016 has returned to lead this franchise into becoming a year in, year out playoff contender.

Even if playoffs don’t happen in 2018 . . . Sure It will fuel his many doubters . . . And reporters will likely keep the same mindset in regards to him, but realists can see where he stands and where this franchise stands with him by the end of the season.

The touch throws to Landry and Williams are an underrated part of his game. He has elite arm talent. Period.

Yep. Once that ball placement light switch flipped on in early 2014, it launched Ryan from above average arm talent to elite.

And even with elite arm talent, he continued to work on the touch of his deep ball passes and build rapport with his receivers off the field in the offseason and became upper echelon at it on Sundays.

Then in 2016 you saw the movement and improvising aspect of his game take strides.

He has worked hard and deserves everything working out for him.

I will continue to have my doubts at QB management on this team, but I have long ago stopped questioning Ryan Tannehill being worth the investment we have put into him.

Back
Top Bottom