*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

I love this. You tell him he doesn't know who the primary was as he doesn't work for the Dolphins, but then the rest of your post is basically saying that Clay was the primary, that they wouldn't throw the hitch as it hadn't worked earlier etc. So, I guess you must work for the Dolphins, that's what I'm taking from all this.

Clay is the only receiver looking back. The others are going deep. Why would they go deep when they couldn't block Williams the previous play?
I don't work Dolphins and I certainly don't know who he was throwing too. But the picture says a lot if you really look with open eyes.

The depth of the drop as in 3, 5, or 7, step is what you should be focusing on.

Not the time from when he takes the snap. They are taking a vertical shot here off a deep drop he’s working deep to (short) although in this case the short is Clay releasing off the los on a secondary vertical concept. If he doesn’t like the Hartline vertical on the hitch forward and the ball should only come out there after the hitch not on the last drop step he pivots inside to Clay down the middle.

That’s a protection failure primary problem. Deep drops require protection to allow vertical concepts to develop.

Go deep after you got sacked in 2 seconds on the previous play. Yeah right.

No he wasn't. I have it up in Movie Maker which goes down to about 6 hundredths of a second accuracy.
He has throwing lane and Clay open at 1.8 seconds. He holds to 2.5 and looses the ball.
Again like I said nitpicking. I said that he was smothered in a second and a half and you're coming back with 2/10 of a second more, really.

Doesn't seem like 2 seconds to me.

Keep in mind that .gif is not from the snap

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/v...ghlights/e0f191ad-e4d2-4aae-943b-719afed0ccc0

Check the 02:30 mark of the video. It was roughly between 2.5 to 3 seconds, from the snap to initial contact. Not an eternity but in that situation, especially after the previous drive, he had enough time to get rid of it.

But it’s the fumble that was bad.

But Ryan didn’t have a great game. Pick 6 and a bad end zone INT in the first half. Miami was in Buffalo territory most of the game.

Clay is the only receiver looking back. The others are going deep. Why would they go deep when they couldn't block Williams the previous play?
I don't work Dolphins and I certainly don't know who he was throwing too. But the picture says a lot if you really look with open eyes.
Remind me who was our HC, and who was calling the plays that day?

It’s 2nd and 8 sticks still manageable has the choice of which boundary vertical he wants to go after. Decides in his drop of off the pre snap look and safety alignment. Regardless Clay in the middle is a secondary vertical concept after the hitch.

And he has no chance to get there.

why dont you go to youtube under "Brady sacks"? half those plays you can freeze frame and see a receiver he shoulda got the ball to.

i swear y'all must have never actually played the game of football. it aint a damn video game played from your couch! o_O

It’s 2nd and 8 sticks still manageable has the choice of which boundary vertical he wants to go after. Decides in his drop of off the pre snap look and safety alignment. Regardless Clay in the middle is a secondary vertical concept after the hitch.

And he has no chance to get there.

I agree, here is a still from a slightly different time. Check out where Tannehill is looking.

2018_05_30_11_22_06_Week_7_Bills_vs_Dolphins_highlights.png

The other sack was on the previous drive not the previous play and it's the Dolphins coaching staff you are talking about. "Go", Go Go".....

Remind me who was our HC, and who was calling the plays that day?

And ultimately it comes down to this.

Really from 2012 to 2015 and 5 games Into 2016, most of the negative Tannehill stuff can and often gets scapegoated by his coaching staff, his offensive line, his skill positions players around him, his collapsing defense.

Hell this clip was on Ryan . . . You cannot fumble there, period. It’s ok, it happened nearly 5 years ago, but there is no defense for fumbling there, whether you are a Tannehill, John Beck, John Travolta, you don’t fumble there.

The 8 game stretch into the 2016 season is when the Gase regime stuff kicked in and Ryan played at his best. But his offensive line wasn’t some great unit in 2016, especially after Pouncey went down. His improvement in general did just as much or more to help them “look” better. He was playing at a level and speed that makes this old clip look foreign.

The hope is that level of speed returns combined with a more talented offensive line.

But heaven forbid if an old clip gets brought up and gets talked about. We forget this dude missed a whole year and change . . . .Everything is old lol

I agree, here is a still from a slightly different time. Check out where Tannehill is looking.

2018_05_30_11_22_06_Week_7_Bills_vs_Dolphins_highlights.png
It looks like his deep receivers are still going downfield and 42 is just crossing the center of the field.

If Tannehill had his arm going through his release at this point the bad guy on his right would be getting the ball handed to him. There is no escape from the pocket to the right, the left or forward ( that bad guy at his right is just getting to him from his front right side). At what point could he have thrown the ball prior to this that would have worked, considering that it is clear that the two outside receiver's are going deep and not blocking anyone?

And ultimately it comes down to this.

Really from 2012 to 2015 and 5 games Into 2016, most of the negative Tannehill stuff can and often gets scapegoated by his coaching staff, his offensive line, his skill positions players around him, his collapsing defense.

Hell this clip was on Ryan . . . You cannot fumble there, period. It’s ok, it happened nearly 5 years ago, but there is no defense for fumbling there, whether you are a Tannehill, John Beck, John Travolta, you don’t fumble there.

The 8 game stretch into the 2016 season is when the Gase regime stuff kicked in and Ryan played at his best. But his offensive line wasn’t some great unit in 2016, especially after Pouncey went down. His improvement in general did just as much or more to help them “look” better. He was playing at a level and speed that makes this old clip look foreign.

The hope is that level of speed returns combined with a more talented offensive line.

But heaven forbid if an old clip gets brought up and gets talked about. We forget this dude missed a whole year and change . . . .Everything is old lol
I think we can all agree he should have protected the ball. What's in question is the other posters view of what happened. His view is completely wrong.

Back
Top Bottom