*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

maybe even cooler because RT is not just teaching from his QB role but has big time receiving experience as well.

I remember some reports of him working with our WR from that angle even as a rookie. It's gotta mean something to our receivers that Tannehill can relate to all their struggles or concerns.

Been an RT17 supporter since day 1. So glad he is back and leading this team. Being a leader is the key word. He is putting in the work to not only make himself better but to bring everyone up. We have our QB!

Actually I came here just to see if this was posted. Heck I think it was grudens qb camp he was showing some of the wrs how to run a certain route the correct way. Danny amendola has a better receiver to throw it to this year if we make the super bowl

Well that’s just it. You give any QB “average” time, they can succeed to some degree. It is what the QB does when there “isn’t” average time that separates the bad, the average, the good and the great.

Tannehill has been a tier or three below both Wilson and Luck when it comes to improvising in the face of pressure. It has been the weakest part of his game. We can throw in all of the “his line was worse”, “his targets were worse”, “his coaching was worse”, etc stuff . . . But all of that just feeds fuel to why the average NFL fan doesn’t rate Tannehill to the level of some Dolfans. I do agree 2012 was just irresponsible with the skill positions they surrounded him with.

Tannehill came into the league with his college coach who was his offensive coordinator . . . .What rookie QB gets that type of advantage? But of course that is likely seen as a negative amongst his biggest fans. Certainly “never” brought up by them.

Now we saw major gains in this area during that 8 game stretch which should give us optimism if he is able to return to form . . . .but to say he instinctually moves around to the degree of Luck or Wilson is just plain innacurate.

Again we will see . . . .you saw his confidence grow with familiarity in the Gase offense. But it will be about 21 months since his last snap in a real NFL game and his adjustment to the speed of the game from such a long layoff combined with any lingering mental worries about the knee/rehab will all play a role in just how successful he can be in 2018.

I am not person who thinks it’s make or break for Ryan in 2018. Many people feel that way and it just isn’t a reasonable expectation. Some Dolfans think we immediate contender and I think that is typical Dolfan chest out stuff as well. Get this man through camp and the season healthy and watch him improve as the season progresses and see where the cards fall at the end and go from there.

Honestly, I think in Tanny's rookie year he showed a great ability at adjusting plays to the blitz and coverage. The issue became that Sherman's offense was highly predictable and was insanely reliant on timing. Lazor's offense was when people really started questioning Ryan when it came out Lazor didn't allow audibles (which turns out neither did Chip Kelly and the offense was quickly figured out). But the arguments are fair towards Ryan.

Now to go against Luck, the one common theme is Joe Philbin and once Joe became Luck's OL coach, Andrew really started taking a huge beating and the mistakes and turnovers became more prevalent.

All that being said though, I do know when before we hired Gase a lot of coaches felt that Philbin was holding back Ryan Tannehill and liked the idea of going to the Fins (but there are also coaches that thought he was a career killer) we shall see.

I've become convinced that it's a hard-wiring issue that transcends FH. Some folks are perversely happiest when they feel miserable.

These are the same people who would have been happiest complaining about Marino's interception record back in the day.

You're right, but I wouldn't quite put it like that. I think the major issue is that they'd rather be "right" than wrong. They've become so accustomed to being letdown by our team over the last 2 decades, that the best way of coping is to just assume everything will be a failure.

Its not that they actually WANT failure...its that the only pleasure they have been able to get in the last 2 decades is when they're "right" about the outcomes...whether it be regarding coaching, players, wins and losses, or whatever. Its a psychological issue. A defense mechanism. If you assume failure and are proven right, then it lessens the sting to an extent.

Here is another example. Anybody in here play video games? There is a team game called League of Legends that relies HEAVILY on organized teamwork among the players. It is a toxic as hell game for the same reasons. Players get so accustomed to losing, that when things start going south and looking bad...they totally give up, throw in the towel, and say the game is lost....even when it isn't. Because they'd rather be "right." This is worse than football fans because they literally CREATE their own reality and outcomes.

Fortunately for all of us...in football, us fans have no control over the outcomes. So let these people be weak. Let them prefer to be negative and think they're "right." If that's how they cope then so be it. Lets not let it affect us.

i agree w/ kdawg54 about the weakest part if THill game being the mobility in pocket when under pressure. Also agree he improved a whole lot in those last few weeks of 2016.

Seemed like for the first time we were starting to see those little things like dipping shoulder to avoid a DL, or moving a half step to his left or right.

I think thise will be the last skills to return in his comeback. You have to have a lot of confidence and the game really slow diwn a lot to do that. i think that will take half a season at least.

He doesn’t seem to rise to the occasion and make his best throws when they are needed the most. He isn’t great at pocket awareness.
Damn you Tannehill!
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/images/Clutch/Wk16MIAFUBAR.gif
Wk16MIAFUBAR.gif

friggin garbage QB, I dunno we didn't trade up for baker, Kenny stills was wide open the entire time just standing there waiting on the ball
Stills didn't even run a route and Tannehill was forced off his spot from the get go. Clearly was a QB draw but the line didn't allow it

Stills didn't even run a route and Tannehill was forced off his spot from the get go. Clearly was a QB draw but the line didn't allow it

The center snapped it on one. The snap count was two. The rest of the line just stands there wondering what the hell happened. The saddest part is that the center gets driven back to the passer faster than the free rushers..... F me, what a clown show.

BTW, I think he was joking.

ROFL

Thomas/Douglas/Turner

How clueless can these guys be. Douglas clearly snapped it too early or didn’t give the rest of his line the correct signal (not to mentioned he got owned 1 v 1) . . . .Albert is like “this dude”, Fox at least goes back . . . . Thomas and Turner go to block down into the end zone like Ryan had a chance LOL

That is a late game failure for "Ryan Tannehill" and a missed game winning drive for "Ryan Tannehill". Used as proof by some that "Ryan Tannehill" doesn't have "it".

Here is more proof that "Ryan Tannehill" holds onto the ball too long and takes too many sacks.

0uPg2fN.gif

I want to smack Clabo every time I see that clip.

:thumbsup

sarcasism, im one of the RT supporters on this site. everything was blown to heck with that play, and yes Stills was just standing in that one spot, BUT HEY HE WAS OPEN! if tannehill had more than a tenth of a second before the entire DL was in his face. just in the real saying that some people will blame that on tannehill

That is a late game failure for "Ryan Tannehill" and a missed game winning drive for "Ryan Tannehill". Used as proof by some that "Ryan Tannehill" doesn't have "it".

Here is more proof that "Ryan Tannehill" holds onto the ball too long and takes too many sacks.

0uPg2fN.gif

I want to smack Clabo every time I see that clip.

That wasn't the play that lost that game. Even after that sack a failed 3rd and long and punt puts our defense in a good position to win the game.
But instead the fumble by Tannehill on next play gave the Bill's great field position and the FG for the win. They had only one good drive on offense all day long.
You have to play the percentages there. He was aware Clabo couldn't handle Williams at the point of the game. Get rid of the ball or protect it.

On the next play Clay is open over middle 2 seconds after snap. There is nobody in lane. Ryan holds ball (3.0 seconds) and gets sacked by William's again and game over.
Either throw the ball or protect it. Ryan did neither. This was early in his career and he has gotten much better. I think he was a little rattled after getting planted by Williams the play before. Understandable.

Back
Top Bottom