*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

There are no QBs in free agency over the next couple years. I agree with you. I also agree that Miami is all in on RT for at least this year and next barring injury. But your point solidifies my point. That we should have a drafted player in our roster from the last 1-4 years that we have developed and allows us to have options in case RT goes down (like in 2016), gets hurt again, or fails to perform to expectations. If we had done this by 2016, for example, who knows what steps in during week 15 of 2016. Possibly a kid who plays lights out and takes the reigns. Or we just roll with Matt Moore. Perhaps this kid is then even more ready for 2017 when RT falls all over his ligament. And the whole Cutler debacle is avoided.

And for everyone who says we do not have the luxury to draft a QB high or even in middle rounds due to all of the holes on our roster, well, you might just stack up the draft picks Miami has in fact drafted in the past decade and you tell me how many failed picks you find in rounds 1-4. And we can’t draft a single guy?

On the contrary one would think the Fins remaining roster should in fact be stacked by now because they haven’t even drafted at the quarterback position at any meaningful selection.

I actually agree with pretty much everything in this post.

How's that work out for Washington?

And they still don't know. As I said, Smith has been in the league far longer than Tannehill. Sign me up for drafting a QB in the first in 5 or 6 years.

What about all the other teams I mentioned? LOL.
You’re fine with RT and nobody behind him. We get it. We really do. It’s brilliant the more I think about it.

Damn, how the hell could the Dolphins have passed on Rohan Davey, Ryan Mallett, Kevin O'Connell, and Jacoby Brissett?????

Which one of the nine is the next great NE QB?

For the record, when BACKUP QB is what the Dolphins need, I'm all for them drafting one in the middle to later rounds if that is the best choice. When they have decided a new starting QB is what they need, I'm all for them drafting one in the first round if that is the best choice.

That is how most teams do it.
Didn’t Brissett beat RT after he had to come into the game?

Fact is NE gets the draft. They don’t hit on every one of these guys but having a franchise transcendental player at the position doesn’t stop them from trying to get a contingency plan.

Please don’t tell me how other teams do it and justify what Miami as an organization has done since 2000.

They drafted his REPLACEMENT, just as I said teams do. And, they made the WRONG choice. Keep using failed examples to support your strategy. LOL.

I'll advocate for signing a backup that had some success as a starter for another team, then flamed out. Given a chance, maybe he helps the Dolphins make a SB run (like, Nick Foles).
Yeah God forbid Miami signs a guy who could remotely threaten RTs deathgrip on the position, I mean given all the success he’s had and the promise and optimism ahead. I know if my job in the front office was on the line I would bank on optimism.

Didn’t you just say RTs numbers aligned with Brees early in their career?

Didn’t you then just say SD drafted (traded for in truth) Rivers to replace Brees?

So even SD in 2004 was supplementing the position when they had a QB whose jury was still out after four years only? The Chargers had the top pick in the draft. They drafted the then top player rated. Eli Manning. When Eli threatened to not play for SD and sit out all year, they traded him for Rivers and three draft picks. Pretty sure that AJ Smith liked Rivers (likely. Where near as much as Manning however) but even he would likely admit Rivers was his guy through default and not Brees. Of course he wanted his guy under center in his battle with the coach (Schottenheimer).

This exactly proves my original point. Many teams don’t stop trying to upgrade. Even when a QB is 26 and still carrying promise and optimism.

But Miami does. Since 2012 to be exact.

Didn’t Brissett beat RT after he had to come into the game?

Fact is NE gets the draft. They don’t hit on every one of these guys but having a franchise transcendental player at the position doesn’t stop them from trying to get a contingency plan.

Please don’t tell me how other teams do it and justify what Miami as an organization has done since 2000.

Singles tennis baby!

Yeah God forbid Miami signs a guy who could remotely threaten RTs deathgrip on the position, I mean given all the success he’s had and the promise and optimism ahead. I know if my job in the front office was on the line I would bank on optimism.

Didn’t you just say RTs numbers aligned with Brees early in their career?

Didn’t you then just say SD drafted (traded for in truth) Rivers to replace Brees?

So even SD in 2004 was supplementing the position when they had a QB whose jury was still out after four years only? The Chargers had the top pick in the draft. They drafted the then top player rated. Eli Manning. When Eli threatened to not play for SD and sit out all year, they traded him for Rivers and three draft picks. Pretty sure that AJ Smith liked Rivers (likely. Where near as much as Manning however) but even he would likely admit Rivers was his guy through default and not Brees. Of course he wanted his guy under center in his battle with the coach (Schottenheimer).

This exactly proves my original point. Many teams don’t stop trying to upgrade. Even when a QB is 26 and still carrying promise and optimism.

But Miami does. Since 2012 to be exact.

Brees won the SB. Great move SD! And you want to emulate it??? LOL

Brees won the SB. Great move SD! And you want to emulate it??? LOL
You missed the whole point. Again.

I thought he won because of Sean Payton?

You’re lost in your tangled web of selective stats and conflicting points.

Ah, Cutler instead of the mythical "mid round draft pick savior".
Mythical. It’s all mythical when a franchise has zero plan except hope.

It’s odd how you can have hope for a third round guard but not a QB.

Your argument, and RT, are both on borrowed time.

Mythical. It’s all mythical when a franchise has zero plan except hope.

It’s odd how you can have hope for a third round guard but not a QB.

Your argument, and RT, are both on borrowed time.

When starting guard is a bigger need than backup QB that is what you do.

I'm sure you thought the same thing about Philly and Foles. How'd that work? But sure, you have it all figured out. If only they would listen to you, the all knowing arm chair GM.

Back
Top Bottom