Tannehill's expectations for 2014 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's expectations for 2014

I don't see how the line, rb and weapons are held up as a false excuse and I dislike that argument because frankly its a fact they were bad. We fired the o.c., replaced the rb and have 4 out of 5 new linemen

I don't feel any need to make excuses for Tannehill last year, bar maybe 1 or 2 games I thought he was really good and ended the season significantly better than he ended season1.

Its very excusable but nobody wants excuses I get that. Doesn't mean it isn't valid. Tom Brady had a bad year does he get excuses but not tannehill?

In watching the BSPN draft panel wrap up last night, both Todd and Mel love Landry - Todd thinks he may end up being the best 2nd round player and both of them - and Jawz too I think, believe he's gonna become Tannehill's favoite receiver. Encouraging words.

now he has a pair of decent tackles and a proper rb..... 35 tds and 13 ints.

It will be 30 minimum, even if he doesnt get any better. He got 24 with franchise record sacks and the worst running game I have ever seen

That would be typical Dolphins... Absolutely typical Dolphins. Wouldn't shock me in the least. Its always something with this team...

Which is why I said "mostly". As it stands right now, he is better than Tannehill.

rather you than me. Andy Dalton is not a good player. He has held that team back big time for 3 years now

I'm looking for more TD's, significantly less INT's, and leading the offense to significantly more points per game. He needs to improve his deep ball and tighten up the short crossing route at LB depth because he tends to throw it a tad behind the man sometimes.

I'd also like to see him take charge of the offense more. Be a more vocal leader and galvanize the players under him to instill confidence in him and his ability to close out games. I'm OK with the growing pains this will require.

I want to see him continue to learn from his mistakes and not make the same mistake repeatedly. I want to see him do a better job of looking off safeties. I want to see him protect his body more and run less. I want to see him become a master of clock management by milking leads and organizing the team for efficient two minute drills.

Yeah ... I want a lot. But, i have a lot of confidence in Tannehill, and think he is very capable of all of these things this year.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Which is why I said "mostly". As it stands right now, he is better than Tannehill.

I agree as it stands right now but Dalton is a year ahead and if you track their performances and compare first year to first year and second year to second year Tannehill has thrown for more yards in both years even with a much less talented team around him. If that trend continues then Tannehill could easily throw for more than 4400 yards this season.

Back
Top Bottom