Tannehill's Overall Performance Today? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Overall Performance Today?

Eh... I was not impressed with his questionable decision making and inaccuracy.... oh well there is always next season

Reserving judgement, but he was unable to break through the cloud of mediocrity and lack of playmaking that hangs on our team. Last few games he's had shots to make TD throws that make a difference, that generate momentum and enthusiasm and he missed on all of them. That is what the team needs all over the place. We were able to beat beatable teams this year, which I suppose was a step in the right direction. I liked what he showed in the running game late in the season. That's a nice weapon to give a coach who knows what to do with it. Not sure Sherman is that guy.

I thought he played well considering the circumstances....frigid cold weather and wind, a bad performance by the Oline, several drops, a lack of running game, and horrible play calling. But there were a few times where i felt he was late on the throw, waiting for a guy to clear before throwing it instead of throwing him open. One play that comes to mind was a throw down the middle to Matthews running a curl. Tannehill waited for Matthews to turn around before throwing it, allowing Arrington to jump the route and knock it down. If he throws it a second earlier, that's complete. Obviously, that takes timing and comfort with your WR, which Tannehill seems to have with Bess and Hartline but not the other guys yet since they are a revolving door. Binns killed him today with drops.

The interception was atrocious, but after that he didn't go into a shell. I thought he hung in there pretty tough considering he had little protection and got little to no explosive plays out of his weapons. He rightfully should have had two TD drives. The Binn drop on the goal line was pathetic and the fumble by Bush was too.

The interception was atrocious, but after that he didn't go into a shell. I thought he hung in there pretty tough considering he had little protection and got little to no explosive plays out of his weapons.

The INT was bad, but after watching the replay i wasn't 100% sure if that ball was intended for Matthews or if he overthrew the underneath WR (the pass was with the wind and could have taken off since he was pressures and didn't follow through completely).

Meh mediocre... Excuses about talent surrounding him aside, the guy doesn't seem to be able to rise above the mire.

The INT was bad, but after watching the replay i wasn't 100% sure if that ball was intended for Matthews or if he overthrew the underneath WR (the pass was with the wind and could have taken off since he was pressures and didn't follow through completely).

I may be a glutton for punishment, but I may watch again to check on that point and a few other things. For one, I thought there was alot of pressure up the middle, so I was wondering if Incognito and Jerry struggled in pass pro. Not saying they did; just that I am curious about it.

He just won the most games this team has won since we won the division 5 years ago on a team clearly lacking talent on offense. Ill take it

he missed bush down the seam on a ball that should have been 6...yeah it was into the wind and what not but that was a great read against pressure and a throw he needs to stick...other than that the qb was fine...he was under serious pressure all day...the oline was pretty much bad across the board in pass pro...i guess the cold got to these guys today...

had drops by binns on what would have been big plays the first a terrific back shoulder throw away from the safety in the middle of the field where if he catches it's 6 points and the second a great step up against pressure and throw on an out breaking route on the hoof that binns must catch...hartline fell down or put his hand on the ground every time he had space to make something in rac...same ole stuff with hartline...runs sometimes great routes and then does nothing after the catch cause he's always off balance

nice game from lamar miller today...showed off some nice feet and he gets north and south after a cut...he'd be my starter in 2013...

michael egnew looked like ass in a bucket in the reps he got...awful...i was embarrassed watching that

the pick by tannehill was the result of pressure and being hit during his throwing motion thus the ball floated...i think it was meant for hartline on the crosser...thats a pressure in his face int...even if it was to mathews which i doubt it would have had more on it if not for the contact and pressure in his face...

Last edited by a moderator:
Get him the perfect O-line. The perfect WR core. Oh and make sure he always plays in warm weather. Problem solved.

Get him the perfect O-line. The perfect WR core. Oh and make sure he always plays in warm weather. Problem solved.

Youre too picky. I just want a wr core that isnt the worst in the league and an oline that is decent to good.

Back
Top Bottom