Tannehill's Overall Performance Today? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Overall Performance Today?

Tannehill drops back to pass, take your pick:

1. Someone misses a blocking assignment.
2. Tackle just flat out gets beat.
3.Nobody gets open.
4. Receiver drops the ball.
5. Receiver falls down, runs backward from the sticks, or simply isn't athletic enough to make a play after the catch.
6. Screen pass poorly executed due to our linemen being fat slugs (except for Pouncey).
7. Tannehill's throw is off target.

Take your pick. I think all of these things happen with about the same frequency, but for some reason some posters on this board only want to see #7 on that list. You saw the difference between the Patriots and Dolphins today. Tom Brady was off target on several throws, but the Patriots passing offense is much better than the Dolphins passing offense. Tom Brady has time to throw, he has wide open players who pick up yards after the catch, and when they execute a screen pass he has three guys blocking for hsi receiver downfield.

Ryan Tannehill is not the problem. He is not perfect, but the fact that he needs to be tells a lot about this team. There is no margin for error because the offense sucks and lacks talent both on the line and at the skill positions. Anthony Fasano is a nice player and I hope he sticks around, but he doesn't even play the same position as Rob Gronkowski. They are playing two completely different games out there.

This is my biggest problem and the most important area that needs to be addressed imo.
Getting open creates more opportunities and masks flaws in an offense.

I wanted to see some arrogance. It wasn't there. Sure, you're going to hit me. I'll get out of your way and fire. Play after play unfolded similarly but he didn't adjust.

It wasn't horrendous. It wasn't special. No hint of special. We had a guy who went out there and played at seemingly 85% speed, always in reserve.

The question with Tannehill: Is there something missing? It wasn't answered this season. Zero points at New England certainly doesn't answer it in the positive, although many fans are seemingly tilting in that direction.

zero points at NE because reggie bush fumbled at the .5 yard line and his WR dropped a TD pass that hit him in both hands. But, you know, that's Tannehill's fault because he was playing at 85%.

Get him the perfect O-line. The perfect WR core. Oh and make sure he always plays in warm weather. Problem solved.

give Tannehill Brady's WR/TE corp (not 'core', guy), Brady's O-line, and Brady's kicker and we are in the wildcard right now.

It was a total team effort to play as badly as they did, Dave. I agree that I think Tannehill is the least of the team's problems at the moment, but he has a lot of work to do this offseason. He needs to improve his footwork and ball placement.

It was a total team effort to play as badly as they did, Dave. I agree that I think Tannehill is the least of the team's problems at the moment, but he has a lot of work to do this offseason. He needs to improve his footwork and ball placement.

oh, i agree. Tannehill has a lot of room for improvement. But as a rookie, and with the lack of talent surrounding him, I like what I saw from him this year.

Hate to say it but I think Bess is part of the problem. He does some good things, but you watch what players like TY Hilton, Wes Welker and Victor Cruz bring to their teams out of the slot, and it's painfully obvious that we need a faster guy in there. Bess has good hands, smart player, runs good routes, but doesn't scare anybody with his 4.8 speed.
Don't get me started on Hilton another local guy Ireland never knew he existed. Fu Ireland, you suck!

I saw tanny throw some awesome passes today! Give him Jennings, hartline in the slot and Mathews! I think our first priority should be a pass rusher or a linebacker, then a cornerback that can catch the ball! Binns pissed me off today!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom