Tannehill's Overall Performance Today? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Overall Performance Today?

What summed up the difference between what RT works with and what the opposition works with was the following plays.....

Brady throws a bullet a little low to Hernandez and he sticks one hand out and completes the catch for a first down........RT throws a ball under pressure after looking through all his reads out to Fasano and it's a little low, Fasano sticks out his stone hand and the balls shanks right off it.

I realize Brady is a great QB but all QB's need some help from time to time and it just doesn't seem like anyone helps RT that much. I sure hope the offseason changes that!

I like Tannehill. He's gonna be a good QB. Miami seriously needs WR's.

We have to just take as many playmakers as we can. Identify the top 3 WR/TE playmakers in this draft (the top 3 total, I dont even care if its 3 TEs you rate higher than any WR, get all 3 of them) and you grab them in the first 3 rounds. You trade up.

I'm just shocked he wasnt vomiting blood given that he was on the ground all goddamned day.

I'm just shocked he wasnt vomiting blood given that he was on the ground all goddamned day.

When he took that shot to the head on the sideline late in the game, I was surprised he didn't come out hurt.

It pains me to see RG3, Luck, and Wilson make it to the playoffs. I know it's not Tannehill's fault we didn't make it. This really sucks.

you're flat out killing me if you think matt moores a better nfl qb...and i bet you'd be killing just about any nfl front office if you told them that also

Tannehill drops back to pass, take your pick:

1. Someone misses a blocking assignment.
2. Tackle just flat out gets beat.
3. Nobody gets open.
4. Receiver drops the ball.
5. Receiver falls down, runs backward from the sticks, or simply isn't athletic enough to make a play after the catch.
6. Screen pass poorly executed due to our linemen being fat slugs (except for Pouncey).
7. Tannehill's throw is off target.

Take your pick. I think all of these things happen with about the same frequency, but for some reason some posters on this board only want to see #7 on that list. You saw the difference between the Patriots and Dolphins today. Tom Brady was off target on several throws, but the Patriots passing offense is much better than the Dolphins passing offense. Tom Brady has time to throw, he has wide open players who pick up yards after the catch, and when they execute a screen pass he has three guys blocking for hsi receiver downfield.

Ryan Tannehill is not the problem. He is not perfect, but the fact that he needs to be tells a lot about this team. There is no margin for error because the offense sucks and lacks talent both on the line and at the skill positions. Anthony Fasano is a nice player and I hope he sticks around, but he doesn't even play the same position as Rob Gronkowski. They are playing two completely different games out there.

This post should be up for post of the 2012 season. It's spot on!!! Fantastic analysis!!! You're 100% correct, I saw on too many occasions where Incognito was looking in another direction allowing a rusher to get a clean shot at Tannehill. It happened again today on the Interception.

incogs lack of awareness in pass pro shows up all the time...unless it's just his presnap responsibility he doesn't pick anything else up...never has...no on the fly improv with incog...

I'm just here to sign the original post. I watched the game on tape delay and I already knew what the score was so I skipped most of NE's drives. Tannehill's 'weapons' were like a clown car of clods today. It's pretty clear why Binns was available and fell to us. He's another stone-handed clown. NEXT. Hartline is a great #2 WR and I think with Bess and Matthews behind a clear #1 to be brought in. How that happens is the whole point of our offseason. Not having that cost us the playoffs this season, IMO. Well, that and Miami has zero offensive tackles worth a crap. Martin was god-awful today.

Hate to say it but I think Bess is part of the problem. He does some good things, but you watch what players like TY Hilton, Wes Welker and Victor Cruz bring to their teams out of the slot, and it's painfully obvious that we need a faster guy in there. Bess has good hands, smart player, runs good routes, but doesn't scare anybody with his 4.8 speed.

I was really mad at the team overall but, Tanne played balls out he could have had 3 TD's by him if the WR's other than Hartline would of made some plays. I was gasping when he took that shot and got up wobbling I thought he had a major concussion right there and was done. One thing he needs to do better is throw the ******* ball away when nothing is there don't get yourself killed or injured. His pocket awareness needs improvement next year as well and he needs to run when in trouble to escape the rush and bootleg every now and again.

Billyboycheat said it best at the podium after the game, "Tannehill needs players who can help him not for him to do it himself not yet he is a rookie and he will be better next year we know that and we can count on that."

Back
Top Bottom