Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 years? You think we're relevant now?....lol

I'm talking about Jaguars level irrelevance... The Shula and Marina eras will seem like ancient history and all any Miami fan will know is utter crap. This is the Dolphin Dark Ages.

Owner Stephen Ross just pulled the rug out from under general manager Dennis Hickey, to whom Hickey will report, after one year -- one free agency period, one draft, in which Hickey did well, by most accounts.

At the same time Ross also is keeping Tannenbaum from have authority over head coach Joe Philbin.

So a team that had bitter in-fighting between the coach and general manager in 2013 now kneecapped the new general manager by hiring someone who has authority over personnel but no authority over the coach who decides which players play.

And, the new VP, is a former agent who represents head coach candidates. (I am assuming Tannenbaum will resign those duties eventually but his ties are his ties to the guys he represents.)

Tannenbaum won't take over until Feb. 1. So is the Dolphins incoming VP going to negotiate on behalf of Quinn with, say, the New York Jets or Buffalo Bills before he reports for work in Miami?

"What could possibly go wrong," an agent monitoring the news just texted me.

And what does Dan Marino think about this? I reported weeks ago Marino and Tannenbaum had the ear of the Miami owner. Well, it seems Tannenbaum has more of that ear than the former Dolphins quarterback who was around the team all of last year -- in practices, meetings, games.

This is a curious move, folks.

It creates more questions than it offers answers.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-hiring-conjures-questions.html#storylink=cpy

This is totally unbelievable.

I'll just laugh if Lazor leaves over this. Ross is a joke.
It is unbelievable. I'm really having trouble believing this is real life. Maybe I was hit by a bus and this is all some weird coma dream I'm having. It's just too stupid to be real. Lazor and Hickey should get away from this team for their own sakes.

for everyone who thinks the tweet about Lazor is real read aloud the name "Dick Guzinya"

As for Tannenbaum.... 8-8 forever

We are now in the position of way to many Chiefs and not enough Indians!

Wow. I have to wonder at this point if Ross is actually trying to sabotage this team from within. No one can be as clueless as he seems to be. This will derail any chance of building a contender in Miami. A mistake of Bill Parcells/ Jeff Ireland magnitude. What a mess :bobdole:

Mike Francesca just reported that deal is not complete with Mr.T. Apparently working on finer points but deal is imminent.

Is not over yet, just wait for SEVIE WONDER to run draft and pro personel evaluation process, Ross statement is that we do need to "see" what is commig.

maybe tannebaum gets rid of coyle... lol.. this has become a strange organization

I keep checking the football websites to see if this is a joke...its gotta be a joke...

you guys do know he helped build multiple playoff teams and got our crappy franchise closer to a SB than we have been since SB III, right? Many are acting like you just hired Rich Kotite.

Vernon Gholston
Stephen Hill
Mark Sanchez (and that horrendous contract)
Shonn Greene
trading for Tim Tebow

He did a few good things with the Jests but in the end he's just a bean counter that shouldn't be anywhere near our personnel department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom