Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so there's no confusion and no one tries to spin it, Hickey cannot be successful when undermined like this. That's just not the way people work, particularly in management positions. Ross sabotaged his own team and ruined the best thing it had going for it. Extraordinary ****up.

**** Huzienga! Why did he sell the team to such a buffoon!!

The Miami Dolphins organization structure seems a little weird. We probably have more senior football executives than any other team in the NFL. OK, our owner is an extremely successful billionaire who prefers a hands off approach and I respect that. His previous experience appointing a football czar in Bill Parcells, turned out to be something of a disaster with the Big Tuna getting paid out for doing the minimum amount of work and surrounding himself with yes men.
Maybe the Tannenbaum appointment is to send a message to Joe Philbin and Dennis Hickey, that this is their last chance and they have to succeed. I think Hickey did a decent job in year 1 and seemed to work better with Philbin and Aponte than Jeff Ireland.
Mike Tannenbaum did nothing while in the Jets organization to suggest that he has mastery in player personnel matters and he left them in salary cap hell by overpaying for duds. I struggle to understand why Mr Ross has made this appointment. Tannenbaum has been a consultant for the past 6+ months and they must like him and see something in what he brings to the team, but it isn't obvious to me. Welcome your thoughts...

Good thoughts instead of the usual "we're doomed" post. Philbin is the HC. Hickey oversees all player personnel. Tannenbaum oversees the organization to make sure everyone is doing their job together so we can be successful. I don't see Tannenbaum picking players or looking for new coaches. His role IMO will be to influence everyone to succeed at their roles and report to Ross. Let's hope it works.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP
No one knows for sure if Hickey will stay with #Dolphins but insiders expect him to remain with team, even if he's upset by demotion.

No one knows for sure if Hickey will stay with #Dolphins but insiders expect him to remain with team, even if he's upset by demotion.
You demote the only person who did his job competently. What a ****ed up organization. Hickey should leave.

Imagine if Ross was in charge of our national security.....this country would be ****ed.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz
Hickey's contract gives him final say over 53 man roster and that will not change. Will work closely with Tannenbaum. Aponte will remain.

So in the end #Dolphins basically replaced Ireland/Gaine with Tannenbaum/Hickey

This is not going to end well. You cant have disgruntled employees running your company. Might as well just clean house.

Maybe Ross will host another round table? Perhaps a public neutering of Dennis Hickey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom