Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 7m7 minutes ago
#Dolphins had concern more over Hickey's day-to-day handlings than player acquisition. Feel he's better as personnel guy than running ops.

I would blame that on whoever hired Hickey, ahem.

yep. I understand the angst with the way this move was made but he is a good guy to run your organization. he just needs to be able to clean house.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

would he be allowed to be a DC for another team? is his contract up?

We give him assistant HC title so technically it is a promotion

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal
Hickey likes small-school guys, said he was evaluating players, not school. Tannenbaum:“Draft some good football players from good schools."

Yep. Mr. T loaded that team with talent and was a key reason they went to back to back AFC Championship games.

Favre was a Woody Johnson decision. Mr. T had that team going in the right direction and Woody ruined it by firing him.

Why am I not surprised you like this hire! Ireland like a boss

The Miami Dolphins organization structure seems a little weird. We probably have more senior football executives than any other team in the NFL. OK, our owner is an extremely successful billionaire who prefers a hands off approach and I respect that. His previous experience appointing a football czar in Bill Parcells, turned out to be something of a disaster with the Big Tuna getting paid out for doing the minimum amount of work and surrounding himself with yes men.
Maybe the Tannenbaum appointment is to send a message to Joe Philbin and Dennis Hickey, that this is their last chance and they have to succeed. I think Hickey did a decent job in year 1 and seemed to work better with Philbin and Aponte than Jeff Ireland.
Mike Tannenbaum did nothing while in the Jets organization to suggest that he has mastery in player personnel matters and he left them in salary cap hell by overpaying for duds. I struggle to understand why Mr Ross has made this appointment. Tannenbaum has been a consultant for the past 6+ months and they must like him and see something in what he brings to the team, but it isn't obvious to me. Welcome your thoughts...

Parcells was brought in by Huizenga.

yep. I understand the angst with the way this move was made but he is a good guy to run your organization. he just needs to be able to clean house.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Obviously and clearly not because no

He still has a year left on his contract and he is one the highest paid coordinators in the league.

Maybe Mr. T will bring in Sanchez and we can start getting things done with this offense.

I was thinking maybe we try to find dirt from Ross's past. Perhaps he said something racist at one point and the NFL could tell him to sell the team. :idk:

We can twist his words. He has constantly shown he doesnt want of those people any where near his franchise or coaching his team.
He is prejudice against good head coaches

So if you're Hickey, why would you want to have a great draft knowing you're leaving?...smh

idk ... maybe he would like another job someday?

Why would you like Phailbin over The Meatball? The Meatball was more successful, won more games, than Phailbin.
Joe is a much better coach at developing talent. Sparano was a crazy workaholic (he allegedly worked 17 hours per day, every day) but he was not good at developing players. In contrast, I see player development as Joe's strength.
The Meatball had the benefit of Chad Pennington in year 1 and Brandon Marshall as an expensive bought player in years 2 and 3. He failed to develop Henne. He failed to develop O-line - Ireland bought players and used high Draft picks but only Pouncey remains.
I disagree with you completely. I see Joe as potentially a much better coach than Sparano.

The only problem with that is the Seahawks don't have to let him go if its not for a head coaching job and he is still under contract.

"Fill my Crevice" is the source...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom