Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost seems like Hickey is just being kept around because of his draft prep over the past year. Tannenbaum essentially is taking over the GM duties and I bet after the draft they dump Hickey. Such a shame.

As for Philbin, assuming they don't make the playoffs in 2015, my guess is that Ross just lets him walk(expired contract) and allows Tannenbaum to pick the head coach. Though again, why not just make that move now?

Do you think Philbin threw Hickey under the bus? Hickey outperformed Philbin, yet Ross gets rid of Hickey but not Philbin? Makes absolutely no sense unless someone convinced. Ross that talent is still the issue. But why anyone would think Tannenbaum would be the solution for lack of talent is beyond me. I literally cannot explain Ross' thinking of actions. It's like looking into the Singularity...

the new Miami Dolphins slogan....

Just when you think things are as bad as they can get, Stephen Ross finds a way to make it worse!

It seems that the new gay whale logo is dragging the FO structure down to its level.

If Tannedumb was hired to cut throats next year, why not cut throats THIS year.

Almost seems like Hickey is just being kept around because of his draft prep over the past year. Tannenbaum essentially is taking over the GM duties and I bet after the draft they dump Hickey. Such a shame.

As for Philbin, assuming they don't make the playoffs in 2015, my guess is that Ross just lets him walk(expired contract) and allows Tannenbaum to pick the head coach. Though again, why not just make that move now?

Isn't it very rare for coaches to coach on the last year of their contract? This reeks of an extension for Philbin... Sad thing is, I'm not even kidding...

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
Chris Shea, the Dolphins' assistant director of pro personnel, and Ron Brockington, a college scout, also worked under Tannenbaum in NY.

Pfft.. I hate this freaking organization. No common sense whatsoever!!!

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Mark Sanchez didnt win any playoff games, The Jets defense did. They won in spite of DS, not because of him. And if you think for one second Dirty Sanchez is half the QB Tannehill is you'd be sorely mistaken (Q Junc in 3..2..1..).

The Jets, Bills and Rat's are LOVING this hire.

I think he meant that he at least tried to do something about the position. The problem is he made the wrong move.

Why even play the 2015 season then. This move couldn't have made me less excited about next season to start...and just as I was starting to get fired up for the combine, draft, etc. Now I just get the feeling of why bother.

To take it even further, what if a miracle happens in 2015 and we make the playoffs and even win a game in the postseason. Do they still fire Philbin and Hickey?

Why do I follow this team?

Football's fun, they said. You'll like to watch it, they said.........

Tom Brady breaks his leg and Belichick is suspending for cheating again. Dolphins 'win' the division with a 7-9 record and go to the playoffs. Philbin keeps his job and they fire Hickey.

Negativity seems overblown. Those Jets teams were tough and talented. I'd prefer to mix the occasional great pick with outright busts than continue to draft marginally talented guys year after year. That road leads nowhere. Actually, it leads to perpetual adjustment.

In this stadium I expect every major decision to be outmatched and blunderous. But it seems like the recent moves have been slight to moderate improvements, like Tannehill over Henne, Philbin over Sparano, Hickey over Ireland, Garfinkel over Dee. That's what I expect here.

Do you think Philbin threw Hickey under the bus? Hickey outperformed Philbin, yet Ross gets rid of Hickey but not Philbin? Makes absolutely no sense unless someone convinced. Ross that talent is still the issue. But why anyone would think Tannenbaum would be the solution for lack of talent is beyond me. I literally cannot explain Ross' thinking of actions. It's like looking into the Singularity...

Talent may very well still be the issue, but G**Damn, Hickey has been here ONE ******* year. It's going to take more than one year to clean up the ****stain that Ireland created...

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 7m7 minutes ago
#Dolphins had concern more over Hickey's day-to-day handlings than player acquisition. Feel he's better as personnel guy than running ops.

Because this is what Ross does.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 7m7 minutes ago
#Dolphins had concern more over Hickey's day-to-day handlings than player acquisition. Feel he's better as personnel guy than running ops.

I buy this, given what was reported about him shortly after he was hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom