Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, what I've been reading up in the internet rumor mill is that supposedly, Hickey has been slow to adopt analytics for the scouting, and that Ross has decreed this to be an organizational imperative. So apparently, Tannenbaum is being brought in to oversee that?

I see Rex Ryan coming here as DC and get a top 10 D. Then we miss the playoffs with another 9-7 record and we get have Rex as our New head coach and get another DC. I just have this hunch

once again, **** this team

The Miami Dolphins organization structure seems a little weird. We probably have more senior football executives than any other team in the NFL. OK, our owner is an extremely successful billionaire who prefers a hands off approach and I respect that. His previous experience appointing a football czar in Bill Parcells, turned out to be something of a disaster with the Big Tuna getting paid out for doing the minimum amount of work and surrounding himself with yes men.
Maybe the Tannenbaum appointment is to send a message to Joe Philbin and Dennis Hickey, that this is their last chance and they have to succeed. I think Hickey did a decent job in year 1 and seemed to work better with Philbin and Aponte than Jeff Ireland.
Mike Tannenbaum did nothing while in the Jets organization to suggest that he has mastery in player personnel matters and he left them in salary cap hell by overpaying for duds. I struggle to understand why Mr Ross has made this appointment. Tannenbaum has been a consultant for the past 6+ months and they must like him and see something in what he brings to the team, but it isn't obvious to me. Welcome your thoughts...

Negativity seems overblown. Those Jets teams were tough and talented. I'd prefer to mix the occasional great pick with outright busts than continue to draft marginally talented guys year after year. That road leads nowhere. Actually, it leads to perpetual adjustment.

In this stadium I expect every major decision to be outmatched and blunderous. But it seems like the recent moves have been slight to moderate improvements, like Tannehill over Henne, Philbin over Sparano, Hickey over Ireland, Garfinkel over Dee. That's what I expect here.

Why would you like Phailbin over The Meatball? The Meatball was more successful, won more games, than Phailbin.

Can we hire some hookers to start rape allegations against Ross and take him down Cosby-style or something?? That is our only hope

I was thinking maybe we try to find dirt from Ross's past. Perhaps he said something racist at one point and the NFL could tell him to sell the team. :idk:

this sucks, Tannenbaum did a good job for us for many years. was scapegoat for first losing season in a while.

Yep. Mr. T loaded that team with talent and was a key reason they went to back to back AFC Championship games.

Favre was a Woody Johnson decision. Mr. T had that team going in the right direction and Woody ruined it by firing him.

So if you're Hickey, why would you want to have a great draft knowing you're leaving?...smh

The Miami Dolphins organization structure seems a little weird. We probably have more senior football executives than any other team in the NFL. OK, our owner is an extremely successful billionaire who prefers a hands off approach and I respect that. His previous experience appointing a football czar in Bill Parcells, turned out to be something of a disaster with the Big Tuna getting paid out for doing the minimum amount of work and surrounding himself with yes men.
Maybe the Tannenbaum appointment is to send a message to Joe Philbin and Dennis Hickey, that this is their last chance and they have to succeed. I think Hickey did a decent job in year 1 and seemed to work better with Philbin and Aponte than Jeff Ireland.
Mike Tannenbaum did nothing while in the Jets organization to suggest that he has mastery in player personnel matters and he left them in salary cap hell by overpaying for duds. I struggle to understand why Mr Ross has made this appointment. Tannenbaum has been a consultant for the past 6+ months and they must like him and see something in what he brings to the team, but it isn't obvious to me. Welcome your thoughts...

He didn't appoint Parcells Wayne did. Parcells used his exit clause because he saw what an idiot Ross is.

@Phil_MuhcreviceNFL I'm told Tannanbaum was brought in to woo Dan Quinn to replace coyle @NFL

The only problem with that is the Seahawks don't have to let him go if its not for a head coaching job and he is still under contract.

the organisation is simple

we have a coach who coachs

we have a dan marino who sells season tickets and walks about spying on the coaches

we have a lady who does contracts
we have a guy who runs the football stuff and probably now has final say on players
we have a gm who sits in the corner now I guess

whats odd about that?

Yep. Mr. T loaded that team with talent and was a key reason they went to back to back AFC Championship games.

Favre was a Woody Johnson decision. Mr. T had that team going in the right direction and Woody ruined it by firing him.

yep. I understand the angst with the way this move was made but he is a good guy to run your organization. he just needs to be able to clean house.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

@Phil_MuhcreviceNFL I'm told Tannanbaum was brought in to woo Dan Quinn to replace coyle @NFL

would he be allowed to be a DC for another team? is his contract up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom