Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my doubts about Tannenbaum but never voiced them. I am very glad I didn't because this has been one of my favorite offseasons so far and we haven't even gotten to the draft.

Big reason why I keep the wait and see approach.

I had my doubts about Tannenbaum but never voiced them. I am very glad I didn't because this has been one of my favorite offseasons so far and we haven't even gotten to the draft.

Big reason why I keep the wait and see approach.

In the competitive world of the NFL there is a fine line between chump and champ, about as close as the vowel that changes the meaning of those two words.

Right now it looks light a great off-season. I'll stand by what I say now but I also know games aren't won on paper. There is plenty of work to do in order to put a complete team together. No GM and VP in the game can make a team play like a contender. Look at Bill Belichick, 5 of his first 6 season were losing seasons, do you think anyone is going to hold that over his head at this point? It also shows you how important one single position can be to a dynasty because let's be frank here, without Brady he doesn't have the success he has had.

So while I reserved my opinions of Tannenbaum as well and it appears he is doing the best job since Jimmy Johnson there is a long way to go before this team earns its final grade.

Tannenbaum is setting this team up for future success. Is it this year? Who knows, but he is laying the best foundation this team has had in a longtime.

In the competitive world of the NFL there is a fine line between chump and champ, about as close as the vowel that changes the meaning of those two words.

Right now it looks light a great off-season. I'll stand by what I say now but I also know games aren't won on paper. There is plenty of work to do in order to put a complete team together. No GM and VP in the game can make a team play like a contender. Look at Bill Belichick, 5 of his first 6 season were losing seasons, do you think anyone is going to hold that over his head at this point? It also shows you how important one single position can be to a dynasty because let's be frank here, without Brady he doesn't have the success he has had.

So while I reserved my opinions of Tannenbaum as well and it appears he is doing the best job since Jimmy Johnson there is a long way to go before this team earns its final grade.

Pretty sure the Jets were paper champions every off season he was there. I'll wait and see but I'm leaning towards bad move so far. IMO the overall roster is worse this year than it was last year. We got rid of some problem players, which was good, but they were also productive players and we haven't replaced that productivity yet and the depth on this team right now is bad.

He said 2016 was the year

Well, kind of, the point he was making I think was he wanted to find consistent success. To be fair, he has given the current HC all the chances in the world to win this year and save his job.

he hasnt done squat yet...added a veteran stop gap wr to fill a hole cut obvious dead weight and signed suh cause of ross wide open wallet...they nail the draft then i'll give some credit although i dont know if that should go to hickey or not...i guess credit should be given for cutting weight with the right people in this everyone gets a trophy day and age

one thing he got right is he said the dolphins have a franchise qb...although that has nothing to do with him at least he knows it

Is this still the worst move ever or what? I don't even know how this team is functioning!

Bumping this post to gloat before even a single PRESEASON game has been played?

Lol, this is trollrific even by FH standards...

I'll admit that I have liked most of his moves so far, but to say that your post is presumptuous would be an understatement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, kind of, the point he was making I think was he wanted to find consistent success. To be fair, he has given the current HC all the chances in the world to win this year and save his job.

True but our schedule does Philbin no favors. If we make the playoffs after this season Philbin earned his chance to stay.

I was really down on the hire, because he did a bad job in New York, but I like what he's done so far.

We'll see how it plays out.

I'd say we're still very much in the "honeymoon phase". Funny to look back at this thread though.

During the off season we have not really filled one hole. We made an upgrade at DT but we still have the same holes we started the offseason with

Mike Tannebaum will be hired as Parcells role for team. Hickey & Philbin answer to him.

9Ljcc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom