Tanny is a bust | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanny is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
To label someone a bust you must show that they are performing below expectations or below the norm for their peers. IMO, Tannehill is not performing below expectations or his peers. He has improved from last year. I'm baffled how anyone can consider him a bust as this point.
I don't consider him a bust at this point, but he performed more poorly during the first half of this year than he did during the second half of last year, and overall this year he's performed no better than Chad Henne did in his second year as a starter.

Nobody knows whether he's going to be a bust, so we might as well talk about what he's doing now, and not about what we think he's going to do in the future. Nobody here has a crystal ball, and anyone's prediction of what Tannehill is going to be long-term is fairly worthless.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

It's not a rule. It's a statistical probability that relies on two variables in a sport with hundreds, if not thousands.
The rule is the correlation between wins and points per pass attempt, and you provided an exception to it.

Love how the guy picks and chooses what is an exception to the rule and what isn't.
If you threw it at him and flipped the player and put Tannehill as the exception, he'd come up with stats to try and disprove what you just said with what he perceives as right.

It's the classic 'use numbers to make yourself look smart, and add sarcasm to it to make the other person feel stupid'
It's like the IT/computer guy saying 'you know nothing about computers and I know more' crap.

False, were 5-4 or better with Matt moore

hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

11 pages of crazy. It is too early to de-phin-itively say one way or the other. He inarguable has talent and inarguably has flaws. Is it possible that his pocket awareness improves and that he improves deep ball accuracy? I thinks so, but who can say. One thing I think we can all agree on is that this organization has not done him many favors with the talent surrounding him.

The rule is the correlation between wins and points per pass attempt, and you provided an exception to it.

Cool. Here's more exceptions to your "rule".

Andy Dalton: Bengals are 6-3. Points per pass attempt: .61
Andrew Luck: Colts are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .71
Matthew Stafford: Lions are 6-3. Points per pass attempt: .64
Geno Smith: Jets are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .62
Carson Palmer: Cardinals are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .59

The inverse:

Robert Griffin: Redskins are 3-6. Points per pass attempt: .68
Ponder/Cassel/Freeman: Vikings are 2-7. Points per pass attempt: .71
Bradford/Clemens: Rams are 4-6. Points per pass attempt: .64
Locker/Fitzpatrick: Titans are 4-5. Points per pass attempt: .68

Some fun:

Robert Griffin and Tom Brady have a similar ratio for your "rule". One team is 3-6. Another is 7-2.
The 5-5 Cowboys, being quarterbacked by Tony Romo has a better ratio (.74) than Drew Brees (.73) and the 7-2 Saints.
Terrelle Pryor has a .74, too.

I deserve a beer now.

And you know this how? I wanna know how much you paid Doc Brown for the DeLoreon you purchased. 'Why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here'

He has pocket awareness, and game awareness and is a smarter qb. He wouldn't fumble everytime he is hit, he would run when he has room, and he would have hit one of the 15 or so deep balls tanny has missed

i know what happened in the games and in the bills game your qb gave you back the lead throwing for 3 tds after giving up a pick 6 and having a poor first quarter...and the d if it's CARRYING us should have snuffed out any and all offense from that bum thad lewis but instead we got torched by screen passes and all other crap cause the lbs SUCK balls...

the thing that does this team in on offense is the oline play folks...the run blocking and game and the pass pro when teams know we have to pass...how the hell you guys can see it any different is beyond me...and yeah you got the worst lb unit in football so congrats on that one too

So the QB did what he was supposed to do and score a few points against the Bills but gave up 14??? But since we had the lead he gets a free pass. WOW you are sounding a little ridic

Our resident junior stats geek likes Melty. Even stripping out his 1-5 elimination games going back to the ACC championship and not comparing it to the relative records of Flacco, Brady, etc, not to mention Sanchez, Dilfer and Rex Grossman, just on the basis of scoring a total of 26pts in 12 2nd half quarters, scoring all of 3 pts total in those 4th quarters including goose eggs in 5 elimination game 4th quarters, let's see him justify Melty as anything other than an inept post season QB when time becomes a factor and going looms. Can you think of any other postseason QBs whose performances have been so miserable in games that mattered most? Maybe it's me, but a raw QB into his 2nd season is less statistically reliable than a good regular season QB who has never risen to the occasion in the postseason with the exception of a 3pt FG after relinquishing a huge half time lead. The point of this is that the Melty fluffers always can find extenuating circumstances to explain Falcons' fans' consistent blueballs but never accept those kinds of explanations when it comes to our jr QB
33l1ceg-1.jpg

Cool. Here's more exceptions to your "rule".

Andy Dalton: Bengals are 6-3. Points per pass attempt: .61
Andrew Luck: Colts are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .71
Matthew Stafford: Lions are 6-3. Points per pass attempt: .64
Geno Smith: Jets are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .62
Carson Palmer: Cardinals are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .59
Do you know how those numbers of points per pass attempt compare to the league average?

11 pages of crazy. It is too early to de-phin-itively say one way or the other. He inarguable has talent and inarguably has flaws. Is it possible that his pocket awareness improves and that he improves deep ball accuracy? I thinks so, but who can say. One thing I think we can all agree on is that this organization has not done him many favors with the talent surrounding him.
Precisely. But the last place I would go for an objective opinion would be a Dolphins message board. ;)

Do you know how those numbers of points per pass attempt compare to the league average?

Doesn't matter to me. You're free to run around with that statistic. I just don't think you have as magical a statistic as you think you do. Terrelle Pryor and his 3-6 Raiders would probably agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom