Tanny is a bust | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanny is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand why the barometer for our QB is a guy who was on crutched months ago. I just don't get why RT is better than RG3 keeps being mentioned. I would hope our guy would be playing better than a guy that just tore his knee. Can we compare him to someone who isn't limping around on a football field?

When did Luck get hurt? Cause that was the first qb mentioned.

Cool. Here's more exceptions to your "rule".

Andy Dalton: Bengals are 6-3. Points per pass attempt: .61
Andrew Luck: Colts are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .71
Matthew Stafford: Lions are 6-3. Points per pass attempt: .64
Geno Smith: Jets are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .62
Carson Palmer: Cardinals are 5-4. Points per pass attempt: .59

Do you know how those numbers of points per pass attempt compare to the league average?

Doesn't matter to me. You're free to run around with that statistic. I just don't think you have as magical a statistic as you think you do. Terrelle Pryor and his 3-6 Raiders would probably agree.
Well it's obvious it doesn't matter to you, or else you'd realize that the numbers above are actually not exceptions to the rule.

If you're going to take me on with this stuff, at least do your research first. I've sure done mine. :)

Guys... he pre determines where he is going PRE snap EVERY f'ing time.... He has zero ability to improvise.

Incorrect, he has off the top of my head in the last couple games "improvised" to 2 tds and a huge first down that he threw well over 25 yards in the air.

Bro, Matty Ice has nothing to do with any of this. YOU brought him up. I havent even spoken of him in this thread until last post to point out your attempt at deflecting.

Exactly you give a ton of credit to what? What can you give credit to -> Thill was the entire O on Monday who outplayed him on O?

Incorrect, he has off the top of my head in the last couple games "improvised" to 2 tds and a huge first down that he threw well over 25 yards in the air.

Not an expert or trying to sound like one but, there are a lot of posters on this message board that don't understand how QB play works (especially when your OL has a tendency to whiff on blocks).

This isn't meant for you, but for the benefit of others....

if the first read is open, the QB throws the ball there. They don't usually survey the whole field looking for "better" options, then throw to the first option. The decision to look elsewhere would be made pre-snap. So, if the guy covering your 3rd option on the other side of the field falls down and the receiver is wide open, the QB will likely miss that if the first option is open. That is not a mistake or a limitation of the QB. That is how football is played.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I've read several messages lately that said "Tannehill missed <insert receiver name here> and they were wide open!!!"

Well it's obvious it doesn't matter to you, or else you'd realize that the numbers above are actually not exceptions to the rule.

If you're going to take me on with this stuff, at least do your research first. I've sure done mine. :)

You realize that there was more to my post, right? You know, context and all. Oh, and that important thing called "the point".

You realize that there was more to my post, right? You know, context and all. Oh, and that important thing called "the point".
Sure, but the rest of your post focused on exceptions to the rule, which I've already agreed exist. If your "point" is limited to the fact that there are exceptions to the rule, then I'll be the first to agree, and we can end the discussion. :)

Now, what I was calling you on was listing certain things as "exceptions" when they really are not. Those particular things actually support the rule and are not exceptions.

Sure, but the rest of your post focused on exceptions to the rule, which I've already agreed exist. If your "point" is limited to the fact that there are exceptions to the rule, then I'll be the first to agree, and we can end the discussion. :)

Now, what I was calling you on was listing certain things as "exceptions" when they really are not. Those particular things actually support the rule and are not exceptions.

Seriously, if you do not understand the point of my post, then it's not worth my time to continue this. I feel like I'm arguing with a drunk person right now.

Seriously, if you do not understand the point of my post, then it's not worth my time to continue this. I feel like I'm arguing with a drunk person right now.
Well, I can assure you I'm not drunk, and I can assure you I have the capacity to understand a great many things, even esoteric things, but of course what you're going to do is up to you. :up:

Not an expert or trying to sound like one but, there are a lot of posters on this message board that don't understand how QB play works (especially when your OL has a tendency to whiff on blocks).

if the first read is open, the QB throws the ball there. They don't usually survey the whole field looking for "better" options, then throw to the first option. The decision to look elsewhere would be made pre-snap. So, if the guy covering your 3rd option on the other side of the field falls down and the receiver is wide open, the QB will likely miss that if the first option is open. That is not a mistake or a limitation of the QB. That is how football is played.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I've read several messages lately that said "Tannehill missed <insert receiver name here> and they were wide open!!!"
Are you sure? :unsure:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap2000000269528/Playbook-Dolphins-vs-Patriots

Well, I can assure you I'm not drunk, and I can assure you I have the capacity to understand a great many things, even esoteric things, but of course what you're going to do is up to you. :up:

I can only go off of your avatar...

That is true for the most part. Many times you don't look at a WR, you have a key...IE on a combo route to the right your key may be the safety dictating which wr should be open.
My problem with Tannehill is when the guy he stares down isn't open he stands there waits or forces it. This may sound Henne like...But, instead of tacking a sack we need to find Miller out of the backfield. Typically he will have a LB on him. I don't mean a swing pass, I mean something in the middle of the field

He has pocket awareness, and game awareness and is a smarter qb. He wouldn't fumble everytime he is hit, he would run when he has room, and he would have hit one of the 15 or so deep balls tanny has missed

i know you aren't talking about rg3??? doesn't fumble when he's hit??? ha ha what...pocket awareness...what??? that guys games to contact get back to me in 3 years when he's a crumbled mess

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

you might understand a lot of things...but footballs not one of em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom