Tanny is a bust | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanny is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at all the apologists.

Tannehill cannot and will never be able to put the team on his back and win a game. He's terrible. Just like i've been saying all season. Henne 2.0

He already has done that...several times.

That is true for the most part. Many times you don't look at a WR, you have a key...IE on a combo route to the right your key may be the safety dictating which wr should be open.
My problem with Tannehill is when the guy he stares down isn't open he stands there waits or forces it. This may sound Henne like...But, instead of tacking a sack we need to find Miller out of the backfield. Typically he will have a LB on him. I don't mean a swing pass, I mean something in the middle of the field

Yea he stares receives down and that's why there are multiple Wrs with more than 10
catches. It's why Matthews had a great game last game. Also Miller is so great at receiving that he drops perfect passes that would go for tds.

i know you aren't talking about rg3??? doesn't fumble when he's hit??? ha ha what...pocket awareness...what??? that guys games to contact get back to me in 3 years when he's a crumbled mess

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

you might understand a lot of things...but footballs not one of em

I am NOT talking about RG3..I never brought him up. I don't know where you got that.

Honest question---Where does Tannehill get drafted if the Fins didn't take him bc of Sherman (The worst part of the franchise besided Ireland) ???
Cleveland where Weeden went I would guess??
Thank god we didn't get Weeden that would have been a disaster wow lol

Sounds like your typical response to just about anyone who disagrees with you.

Let me know when you can have a disagreement about the Dolphins that doesn't boil down to this for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

...or this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipse_dixit

save your stupid links...i have disagreements with people all the time on here...but the difference is they can at least from a actual football stand point explain their stance...the only thing you can do is regurgitate numbers that fit what you want them to...

and everyone knows it

Yea he stares receives down and that's why there are multiple Wrs with more than 10
catches. It's why Matthews had a great game last game. Also Miller is so great at receiving that he drops perfect passes that would go for tds.

Ok multiple recievers have 10 catches. That still doesn't mean he doesn't stare down recievers.

I am NOT talking about RG3..I never brought him up. I don't know where you got that.

Honest question---Where does Tannehill get drafted if the Fins didn't take him bc of Sherman (The worst part of the franchise besided Ireland) ???
Cleveland where Weeden went I would guess??
Thank god we didn't get Weeden that would have been a disaster wow lol

yeah that's the definition of a disaster qb you give up on...

Last year after week 9 RT had only 5 tds, this year he has 13. He has also thrown a td pass in every game except the Cinci game where he had a rushing td.

Ok multiple recievers have 10 catches. That still doesn't mean he doesn't stare down recievers.

No it means he spreads the ball round, which does not lend itself to locking on to one receiver. He has ten picks ( 2 were desperation throws at the end of the game with the outcome decided.) in 9 games, that also doesn't lend itself to locking on to receivers. I hear alot of people say he locks to receivers but they offer no evidence. They say he doesn't go through progressions ( when it's clear as day that when he had time he does.)

save your stupid links...i have disagreements with people all the time on here...but the difference is they can at least from a actual football stand point explain their stance...the only thing you can do is regurgitate numbers that fit what you want them to...

and everyone knows it
Actually there isn't anything I "want" the numbers to fit. I present the numbers regardless of whose opinion they support.

Now what you do on the other hand is say, in so many words, "listen to me! -- I'm the resident expert! -- everyone else is stupid if they can't see it or don't agree with me!" even though you were wrong about the same issue when it came to Chad Henne.

You're the paranoid, insecure, guru-slash-cult leader, whereas I'm just an ordinary everyday guy who likes to look at and talk about numbers as a sort of personal "hobby."

And since I've boiled you down to the bare bones bar none here, that'll be the last time I talk to you at all on Finheaven. I know your routine, and in my humble opinion it's fairly worthless. You provide no useful information over and above what you consider to be your own "expertise," which is rife with confirmation bias driven by insecurity.

Have a wonderful life. :)

Actually there isn't anything I "want" the numbers to fit. I present the numbers regardless of whose opinion they support.

Now what you do on the other hand is say, in so many words, "listen to me! -- I'm the resident expert! -- everyone else is stupid if they can't see it or don't agree with me!" even though you were wrong about the same issue when it came to Chad Henne.

You're the paranoid, insecure, guru-slash-cult leader, whereas I'm just an ordinary everyday guy who likes to look at and talk about numbers as a sort of personal "hobby."

And since I've boiled you down to the bare bones bar none here, that'll be the last time I talk to you at all on Finheaven. I know your routine, and in my humble opinion it's fairly worthless. You provide no useful information over and above what you consider to be your own "expertise," which is rife with confirmation bias and insecurity.

Have a wonderful life. :)

This is clearly displayed in all of the other threads in which you continually try to portray any other Dolphin player in the history of the franchise in a negative light.

Oh...except...that's completely untrue.

Last year after week 9 RT had only 5 tds, this year he has 13. He has also thrown a td pass in every game except the Cinci game where he had a rushing td.

So why do we have a losing record? I'll tell you why. He fumbles the ball against the Bills. He can't get TD's when we need them against the Bucs even though we started 2 drives where we ended up with field goals in their territory. Stats don't mean **** if you aren't winning games.

That is true for the most part. Many times you don't look at a WR, you have a key...IE on a combo route to the right your key may be the safety dictating which wr should be open.
My problem with Tannehill is when the guy he stares down isn't open he stands there waits or forces it. This may sound Henne like...But, instead of tacking a sack we need to find Miller out of the backfield. Typically he will have a LB on him. I don't mean a swing pass, I mean something in the middle of the field
My issue on the other hand is that when the first read is open, he sometimes doesn't throw it, and when the first read isn't open, going through the rest of his progression diverts his attention from the pass rush to the point that he has almost no awareness of it at all.

He's a guy with an arm and some Xs and Os knowledge, playing only a fraction of the position adequately. Like I've said before, you'd get about the same thing if you put a sprinter at wide receiver: a guy who can perform very well in some ways, but who can't play the entirety of the position adequately.

My issue on the other hand is that when the first read is open, he sometimes doesn't throw it, and when the first read isn't open, going through the rest of his progression diverts his attention from the pass rush to the point that he has almost no awareness of it at all.
I can accept this a lot more than the all he does is stare down his pre snap read. He needs to take what the defense gives him and fight another day. He is too focused down field and sometimes does not feel the rush.
It's gotten a little better but it's something he needs to improve if he is going to be a franchise qb.

Henne was Captain check down. It's one of the reasons that I will
never understand the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom