Tanny is a bust | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanny is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why do we have a losing record? I'll tell you why. He fumbles the ball against the Bills. He can't get TD's when we need them against the Bucs even though we started 2 drives where we ended up with field goals in their territory. Stats don't mean **** if you aren't winning games.

So him getting the team the lead and the defense allowing the Bucs to run for 67 out of the 80 yards for the winning TD is what?

My issue on the other hand is that when the first read is open, he sometimes doesn't throw it,

so does every other QB to ever play the game.

and when the first read isn't open, going through the rest of his progression diverts his attention from the pass rush to the point that he has almost no awareness of it at all.

So does every other QB to ever play the game (at times).

He's a guy with an arm and some Xs and Os knowledge, playing only a fraction of the position adequately....... a guy who can perform very well in some ways, but who can't play the entirety of the position adequately.

Sounds to me like you are describing every young QB to ever play in the NFL (except Dan Marino).

So why do we have a losing record? I'll tell you why. He fumbles the ball against the Bills. He can't get TD's when we need them against the Bucs even though we started 2 drives where we ended up with field goals in their territory. Stats don't mean **** if you aren't winning games.

Wow, that's some damning evidence.... So I can assume that you think Tannehill is the only QB to ever fumble the football and the only QB to fail to score when setup in good field position....

Clearly 2 yards rushing had nothing to do with the failed drives. The drive that started at the 7 of the Bucs had a -2 yard rushing play and a -3 yard screen pass.

Wow, that's some damning evidence.... So I can assume that you think Tannehill is the only QB to ever fumble the football and the only QB to fail to score when setup in good field position....

Clearly 2 yards rushing had nothing to do with the failed drives. The drive that started at the 7 of the Bucs had a -2 yard rushing play and a -3 yard screen pass.

Dont forget the bucs opening drive when they drove down the field at will (first pass of the game was a 30 yarder against the finheaven pro bowler Nolan Carroll). Dont you know Thats RT's fault too. Forget the 2 TD passes he threw, those mean nothing. \If he throws any less than 5 he's a bust.. Case and point!

Actually there isn't anything I "want" the numbers to fit. I present the numbers regardless of whose opinion they support.

Now what you do on the other hand is say, in so many words, "listen to me! -- I'm the resident expert! -- everyone else is stupid if they can't see it or don't agree with me!" even though you were wrong about the same issue when it came to Chad Henne.

You're the paranoid, insecure, guru-slash-cult leader, whereas I'm just an ordinary everyday guy who likes to look at and talk about numbers as a sort of personal "hobby."

And since I've boiled you down to the bare bones bar none here, that'll be the last time I talk to you at all on Finheaven. I know your routine, and in my humble opinion it's fairly worthless. You provide no useful information over and above what you consider to be your own "expertise," which is rife with confirmation bias driven by insecurity.

Have a wonderful life. :)

nice to see you got a back bone somewhere in there..."boiled me down to the bare bones"...:lol:

the board waits with baited breath for the offseason "michael egnews a playmaker" gold star thread that's sure to come from shouwrong...

nice to see you got a back bone somewhere in there..."boiled me down to the bare bones"...:lol:

the board waits with baited breath for the offseason "michael egnews a playmaker" gold star thread that's sure to come from shouwrong...

I'm curious what Egnew's WPA is.

So him getting the team the lead and the defense allowing the Bucs to run for 67 out of the 80 yards for the winning TD is what?

You mean the 3 straight drives that the defense put us in great field position(one time at the TB 7), and only managed 12 points?

You mean the 3 straight drives that the defense put us in great field position(one time at the TB 7), and only managed 12 points?

I'm just curious, was Tannehill playing alone against the Bucs? You don't seem to recognize that there are 10 other players on offense. I'm not sure why every drive that doesn't end up in a TD is the QB's fault regardless of what actually happened on the field.

Here will be the typical excuses this week.....

Sherman. This despite the fact Sherman is one of the few reasons we can score any points with this ****ty, handicap of a QB. Great play design and call to get that 2nd TD to Matthews. Had to call that one because Tannebust missed Hartline who was wide open for a TD the play before and instead threw incomplete to Clay.

The OL.... oh my goodness they gave up 2 sacks on the last drive. Nevermind the fact he had clean pockets most of the game and still couldnt generate points.

2 yards rushing.... SHERMAN RUN THE BALL!!!! Nevermind the fact the run game sucked and Miller is a bum. Also, forget that post where the Sherman bashers were calling for him to go shotgun and no huddle at halftime for the rest of the game. They changed their minds now. We lost so Sherman shouldve ran it.

The media BS all week.... a new excuse for Tannehill's lack of ability.

This ****ing bum can only make so many throws. The offense is so limited because all he is good at throwing are 7-12 yard throws. He is terrible.

I love how you're always defending this bum Sherman yet seemingly remain ignorant to the fact that he's had only 1 winning season since he was fired from the Packers in 2005. That's 0 winning seasons as the OC/Assistant HC with the Texans before he was fired and 1 winning season as the HC of the Aggies before he was again *shock!* FIRED there as well. The game of football passed him by 9 years ago. Time to find a new crush.

If you had your way we’d be starting Melty Ice, Sherman would be the HC/GM for life and we’d be a perennial 3 win team.

I love how you're always defending this bum Sherman yet seemingly remain ignorant to the fact that he's had only 1 winning season since he was fired from the Packers in 2005. That's 0 winning seasons as the OC/Assistant HC with the Texans before he was fired and 1 winning season as the HC of the Aggies before he was again *shock!* FIRED there as well. The game of football passed him by 9 years ago. Time to find a new crush.

If you had your way we’d be starting Melty Ice, Sherman would be the HC/GM for life and we’d be a perennial 3 win team.

I would be OK with giving Philbin another year but not if it means we have to suffer through another year with Ireland and/or Sherman.

Under Sherman:

- Our Offense ranked 27th last year and is 30th this year, that's the worst 2 year average rank in Dolphins history.
- On pace for fewest rushing yards in Dolphins history.
- On pace for most sacks given up in Dolphins history.

Our offense has not looked good for more than a quarter of play at any point all season. Third and ten or more is reminiscent of the Pennington days when we had nothing in the playbook to try to convert besides screens and draws. I have knots in my stomach whenever the offense is on the field, our offense is literally painful to watch for me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season having Hartline and Bess as our starting receivers, and I think he actually was better last season but he has been nothing short of completely inept this season. Sherman's ineptness has made it almost impossible to properly evaluate Tannehill. Sherman is supposed to be helping Tannehill, instead he may be ruining him.

SHERMAN ****ING BLOWS!

Didn't tannehill throw the ball out of bounds on a gimme touchdown to Wallace against revis?? That ball wasn't even close

I would be OK with giving Philbin another year but not if it means we have to suffer through another year with Ireland and/or Sherman.

Under Sherman:

- Our Offense ranked 27th last year and is 30th this year, that's the worst 2 year average rank in Dolphins history.
- On pace for fewest rushing yards in Dolphins history.
- On pace for most sacks given up in Dolphins history.

Our offense has not looked good for more than a quarter of play at any point all season. Third and ten or more is reminiscent of the Pennington days when we had nothing in the playbook to try to convert besides screens and draws. I have knots in my stomach whenever the offense is on the field, our offense is literally painful to watch for me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season having Hartline and Bess as our starting receivers, and I think he actually was better last season but he has been nothing short of completely inept this season. Sherman's ineptness has made it almost impossible to properly evaluate Tannehill. Sherman is supposed to be helping Tannehill, instead he may be ruining him.

SHERMAN ****ING BLOWS!

Agreed. Sherman has no clue how to put the ball in the playmakers hands. And he rarely calls plays that execute to the strengths of the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom