Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

Granted he has top speed he also gets to use it in the Tinny10 which is BY Far the most overated conference in the NCAA....Half the reel is from Indiana and MSU.

There is just no way he would be a consideration at 9 IMO.

the coryell system has always had a spot for smaller recievers. his tree includes zampese, turner, saunders, martz, gibbs, robinson, and cameron. mel gray, charlie joiner, wes chandler, flipper anderson, henry ellard, gary clark, ricky sanders, albert connell, santana moss, torry holt, and eddie kennison were/are all about 6 ft tall and are by no means huge guys. the passing game in the coryell system is about stretching the field vertically, and a speedster like ginn would fit right in w/ that philosophy.

I think you are being a little too broad here. Im sure you can trace every single offensive system down to one if you go back far enough. If you keep it within reason to styles that closely resemble each other (Turner/Cameron)you'll find that smaller receivers are and exception to the rule. Although some of the guys you names may be from the same "tree", I totally disagree that the current styles of Martz, Gibbs (although Gibbs currently has Saunders as OC) are similar to Cameron's.
And some of these WR dinosaurs you mention are from back in the day where the protypical size for an average receiver was 5'11, 190 lbs, not 6'4" 220. They were'nt small for their time. 5'9 170 would have been small.

Granted he has top speed he also gets to use it in the Tinny10 which is BY Far the most overated conference in the NCAA....Half the reel is from Indiana and MSU.

There is just no way he would be a consideration at 9 IMO.

And the other half is Texas, Michigan, Florida, etc.

I know you like Ginn, but here is the question. Do you believe that Miami wants him and will take him at 9? I hope so.

Chambers went to the same high school Ginn did for one year.

They're cousins.
That's what I heard earlier in the year but then in an interview with one of them they didn't say cousins just close. Kind of like two people who grew up with each other saying their cousins, even though they're not.

Unless they really are but I was surpised because I thought they were and read differently.

C'mon man, he got hurt celebrating!!!!!! Martin Grammatica anyone?:lol:

Boomer, you kind of changed my mind about Ginn. I was set on Brown because of our help on o-line, but I wouldn't mind one damn bit if we went Ginn and got an O-liner somewhere down the draft. Or vice versa as well.

When did Donald Driver, keenan mccardell, kevin curtis, or antonio bryant become Superstars? And how many of them return punts/kicks? You can't avoid contact with punt returns.

Umm first off His teammate jumped on him. It was Bill Gramatica who got injured.

No doubt about that. I know who he is. I was just saying, the question was who was a superstar receiver and there aren't many.

I think you are putting too much emphasis on "superstar" and not enough on how good a player is. If Ginn, Jr can do the things for us as Donald Driver does for Green Bay I'll be happy.

I have also thought the Phins will grab Ginn if the draft pans out somewhat as predicted, however, the thing that makes me think Ginn isn't a slam dunk is the propensity of Cameron's offensive style to favor big, physical WRs. Camerons offense is very similar to Norv Turner's, and we all remember the type of WR Turner wanted when he was here in Miami. Listing a few WR that these two have had include:
Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson, Jerry Porter, Randy Moss, Arnez Battle, Antonio Bryant, Micheal Irvin, Alvin Harper.
All big, protoypical 6'2-6'5, with some size. In this draft, the guy that fits the requirements are Calvin Johnson (obviously), Dwayne Bowe, Sidney Rice, Robert Meachem. NOT, Ginn, Hill, Gonzalez, Smith.
Granted, Cameron is a versitile, creative OC who would have not problem finding uses for Ginn, but to what extent will he bend his requirements in a WR.
Like I said, I agree that Ginn will be the guy, and Im sure Cameron is badly wanting to use the #9 on offense, but if they pass on Ginn, I wouldn't be surprised for this reason.

Vincent Jackson wasn't even a starter. McCardell and Parker started and both are about the same size as Ginn, Jr.

Cam may have been a product of a certain system but that doesn't mean he doesn't have his own take on it. Stallworth doesn't fit the examples you presented yet Cam tried to sign him. You shouldn't get caught up in what other coaches like and assume that is also what Cam likes.

I have been saying draft Ginn for a long time in here. It is nice to see other members finally agree. We want Ginn!!!

Back
Top Bottom