Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

C'mon man, he got hurt celebrating!!!!!! Martin Grammatica anyone?:lol: ....

Ginn Jr doesn't celebrate. He just hands the ball to the official. He's very familiar with the endzone.

His team mates did celebrate. Unfortunately, Ginn was injured when teammate Roy Hall pulled him to the ground in celebration after Ginn returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown. I don't see that happening in the NFL.

So Boom, I take it that you really like Ted Ginn Jr?

I think he fits the mold of what Mueller claims to value in high draft picks.

I do think we may have an opportunity to trade down 3 to 5 picks and still get him, A talented QB and fast playmakers that score touchdowns is what this game is all about.

I'm pretty much sitting on the fence on this one, mate. ;)

I agree, he's a Mueller guy. Damn, I was at Pro Player, as was, when we last got close to returning a kick for 6, Brock Marion against the Bills. That'll change if we draft Ginn. And I also agree that moving down is the best option. If Peterson somehow falls or if Buffalo and Green Bay get into a war over Marshawn Lynch, you just never know.

Post of the year!

I now forgive you for continuously telling me how WRONG I was about Anquan Boldin.

:wink:

If you remember rightly, as an FSU fan myself, I was a big fan of Boldin. What I said was that, after running the forty that he did, no-one would consider him a value pick in round 1, a point I was vindicated in making.

Not sure what your point is.

You think that Ginn would make a impact more than Laundry would? Wow !!! Ginn is more of a special teams player than a WR. Not worth the #9 pick sorry imo.

Back to back posts showing yourself up. Gonna go for the hat-trick?

If you remember rightly, as an FSU fan myself, I was a big fan of Boldin. What I said was that, after running the forty that he did, no-one would consider him a value pick in round 1, a point I was vindicated in making.

Not sure what your point is.

Nope.. I remember wanting Boldin with our 2nd round pick that year [Eddie Moore].

After those sub-4.6 forties, you said that he wasn't valued higher than round 3.

If anyone cares to watch how Ginn got injured...you can watch this clip on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLIaKOT6AUg

Go into the flick about 2:45. You see Ginn jr blaze away from Reggie Nelson and then as he gets to the endzone he winds down his jets and gets undercut by big Roy Hall as he looses his footing. Ouch.

We haven't had a playmaker like that on offense for a many years, someone who can score every time he touches the ball. This is the best possible pick w can use our first round on.

ginn's combo of speed and balance is freakin' outstanding. he can burn, but he's not outta control like some other speed demons. i would not be dissapointed in the least if we took him at #9. who cares if his value is better served in the low teens, he's a player and would fill 4 needs- wr, kr, pr, and a bleepin' gamebreaker.

Nope.. I remember wanting Boldin with our 2nd round pick that year [Eddie Moore].

After those sub-4.6 forties, you said that he wasn't valued higher than round 3.

Funny because I was screaming for Boldin, especially when we were on the phone to him at the time.

I have also thought the Phins will grab Ginn if the draft pans out somewhat as predicted, however, the thing that makes me think Ginn isn't a slam dunk is the propensity of Cameron's offensive style to favor big, physical WRs. Camerons offense is very similar to Norv Turner's, and we all remember the type of WR Turner wanted when he was here in Miami. Listing a few WR that these two have had include:
Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson, Jerry Porter, Randy Moss, Arnez Battle, Antonio Bryant, Micheal Irvin, Alvin Harper.
All big, protoypical 6'2-6'5, with some size. In this draft, the guy that fits the requirements are Calvin Johnson (obviously), Dwayne Bowe, Sidney Rice, Robert Meachem. NOT, Ginn, Hill, Gonzalez, Smith.
Granted, Cameron is a versitile, creative OC who would have not problem finding uses for Ginn, but to what extent will he bend his requirements in a WR.
Like I said, I agree that Ginn will be the guy, and Im sure Cameron is badly wanting to use the #9 on offense, but if they pass on Ginn, I wouldn't be surprised for this reason.

In the past 3 hours, whilst chatting draft with CK, I've been watching highlights of Ted Ginn Jr. both at OSU and at high school.

I see no way that Miami should pass on him, unless Brady Quinn gets to pick 7. I managed to go 19 minutes and saw him tackled twice. TWO times. 2. In almost 20 minutes. And this was a clip reel, not an individual game tape.

He is as phenomenal an athlete as Calvin Johnson. His open field ability is better than anything I think I've ever seen and I've been doing this draft thing for a long time now. What he can do with his body at top speed is off the charts. To change direction, to flip his hips, to control his body and still create yardage, all at high speed, is a joy to watch. The footwork is remarkable.

He can reverse a field and out run an entire defense, he can take a reverse , give a defense 10 yards in ground lost and still make the corner before anyone else. When he puts his head down and hits full speed, it's over.

Ginn reminds me of Terry Glenn, his rookie year when he had 92 catches, but quicker. People talk about his inability to run routes, but I say hold on; look what he does on those routes. He may not conventionally run them the way say a Hines Ward does, but he is still effective and he can't be stopped when used correctly.

People say he can't play press. Well put on the tape of the Texas game. Man coverage against Aaron Ross. Ross, BTW is a great man cover corner, strong at the LOS and very fast. Oh and he won the Thorpe Award. He goes to knock Ginn off his route at the snap and Teddy gives him 3 moves that leave a very good corner, a guy I like a lot, grasping for air as he blows by him for 6. Watch the Cincy game. Antoine Horton does the same thing. But Horton gets his hand on him and pushes him out to the sideline, knocks the timing. Then Ginn gives him a move, a subtle move and then they go out of the shot. Troy Smith steps up, launches the ball down the left sideline and when they come into shot, Ginn has 8 yards on Horton. TD. Over.

Him not working out is a blessing in a way. He would run a 4.2. No doubt. The Combine heads, the coaches that love the 40's and the splits, they rue that BCS injury because it stopped two things happening; potentially robbed them of the fastest time at the Combine. And robbed them of breaking the fastest 10 yard split time held by Deion Sanders and Jevon Kearse. I think it's likely that he won't run at all before the draft, so we won't get the true chance to see just how quick he is.

Would I have concerns about him running the comeback? Maybe. But he's the son of one of the best coaches in Ohio. This cat knows how to run routes. When you're so fluid as a runner, so quick, then commitment to perfect routes is not nearly as big an issue as it is for a 4.55 guy like Courtney Taylor for example.

I wouldn't have any concerns about using him as a flanker, in the slot, on middle screens, on reverses, I would line him up at QB and get him to run out of a single wing formation. You could get the ball in his hands 12/15 times on offense, no problems at all. And as a return man, Devin Hester is good, but Hester didn't lead the nation in punt return average, he didn't lead the nation in kick return average, his career punt average as a collegian was less than Ginn's, as was his career kick return average. And Teddy scored more touchdowns as well.

And last time I looked, that's what it's all about.

And yes he's skinny but watch tape on him. He breaks more tackles than anyone I can think of. And it's not just walk on safeties. It's top quality linebackers and corners. You better be grounded and have your hips LOW if you're going to take him down one on one. His ability in the open field is like something few teams have. I can't remember the last time Miami did. And as I've said before, the 'Reggie Bush' effect on each play, knowing where he is, what he's doing, will open up huge opportunities, not only for the other wideouts, but for Ronnie and Ricky as well. Why? You can't play him in man without safety help. You just can't.

If Miami have seen Brady Quinn go off the board before 7, then unless I'm getting a blockbuster deal, or a deal that affords me the chance to slip down 3 or 4 and still get him, then I'm all over Theodore Ginn Jr. like a cheap suit. I'm convinced that he can have a tremendous impact on this team, if used correctly. And Cam Cameron is an offensive mastermind.

It could easily be a very lethal combination.

Boomer, I've always liked you but now I think I may be in love with you. :bighug:
Great thread. The man you are.

I have also thought the Phins will grab Ginn if the draft pans out somewhat as predicted, however, the thing that makes me think Ginn isn't a slam dunk is the propensity of Cameron's offensive style to favor big, physical WRs. Camerons offense is very similar to Norv Turner's, and we all remember the type of WR Turner wanted when he was here in Miami. Listing a few WR that these two have had include:
Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson, Jerry Porter, Randy Moss, Arnez Battle, Antonio Bryant, Micheal Irvin, Alvin Harper.
All big, protoypical 6'2-6'5, with some size. In this draft, the guy that fits the requirements are Calvin Johnson (obviously), Dwayne Bowe, Sidney Rice, Robert Meachem. NOT, Ginn, Hill, Gonzalez, Smith.
Granted, Cameron is a versitile, creative OC who would have not problem finding uses for Ginn, but to what extent will he bend his requirements in a WR.
Like I said, I agree that Ginn will be the guy, and Im sure Cameron is badly wanting to use the #9 on offense, but if they pass on Ginn, I wouldn't be surprised for this reason.

the coryell system has always had a spot for smaller recievers. his tree includes zampese, turner, saunders, martz, gibbs, robinson, and cameron. mel gray, charlie joiner, wes chandler, flipper anderson, henry ellard, gary clark, ricky sanders, albert connell, santana moss, torry holt, and eddie kennison were/are all about 6 ft tall and are by no means huge guys. the passing game in the coryell system is about stretching the field vertically, and a speedster like ginn would fit right in w/ that philosophy.

Props to you Boomer. This was an excellent thread. Can't say i wouldnt be excited to have Ginn as a fin. I just wonder who will be throwing him that deep ball =0.

Back
Top Bottom