Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

I don't think we should be chasing any QB. The issue lies with public perception, methinks.

Fans bitch about us tanking, fans bitch about us bringing in a QB to be competitive, fans bitch about everything.

If the FO just sat on their hands, protected their comp picks, and picked up a Blake Bortles or a No-Name QB we'd be in 10000% better position.

Don't want TB if it erases the comp pick for James, it would be like trading a 3rd round pick for a free agent

James isn't a guaranteed comp pick now without us signing anything. Stop worrying about comp picks a year before they are even handed out. NE is going to get most of the 3rd rounders anyways, so Miami is looking at a 4th or lower IF James stays perfectly healthy.

Teddy Bridgewater's contract won't effect Miamis comp chances with James.

giphy.gif

I don't get all the Bridgewater love where people seem to think he's so good that he guarantees us at least moderate success. He started two years, and neither were particularly impressive. Tabnehills best year was statistically light years ahead of Bridgewater. Bortles second year was far better too.

With that being said the sample is small and he's still young so I wouldn't mind brining him in.

Not really.

James isn't a guaranteed comp pick now without us signing anything. Stop worrying about comp picks a year before they are even handed out. NE is going to get most of the 3rd rounders anyways, so Miami is looking at a 4th or lower IF James stays perfectly healthy.

Teddy Bridgewater's contract won't effect Miamis comp chances with James.
I'm just going by this:
https://overthecap.com/draft/
They are saying a 3rd for James and 5th for Wake

I heard on the radio this morning that Teddy is reconsidering Miami's offer. Supposedly there's concern that Sean Peyton may not stick around in NO after this year.

Anyone else here this?

Really, cause his downfield accuracy is pretty stellar.
His arm is absolutely below NFL level caliber, not knocking his accuracy regardless of deep or not. Chad Pennington could also throw the ball downfield well, doesn't mean it won't take 10 seconds to be there.... I'm just not a fan. WV QBs run a spread that relies on scheme & pre-determined pre-snap reads... I just don't like the offense they run, it's many high percentage throws and when they don't get the throw they want, they put on a cape force the ball to try and make a play.... Grier can't do that because of the lack of arm strength, which causes him to be overzealous & fumble.

Sounds like Teddy's plan has worked. Visit the Fins, get NO to move some money around and offer more to keep him.

In this case I think Miami likes being used. Just like they gave a non competitive offer to Flowers to appear competitive, hopefully they are letting Teddy use them to get more money with the Saints, while also still appearing desirous to be competitive.

Back
Top Bottom