Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

I heard on the radio this morning that Teddy is reconsidering Miami's offer. Supposedly there's concern that Sean Peyton may not stick around in NO after this year.

Anyone else here this?

i posted that and a couple people shot the report down. I don't think it is nothing. We will probably get a lot of clarity by the end of the weekend.

I heard on the radio this morning that Teddy is reconsidering Miami's offer. Supposedly there's concern that Sean Peyton may not stick around in NO after this year.

Anyone else here this?

PFT rumor. That can’t happen unless he’s fired or traded. Payton is under contract for 2020 and has shown no desire to leave. Why would he be trying to keep Bridgewater if he were leaving?

Miami probably is just giving the perception they are interested in Teddy to keep the idea of "tanking" at a minimum around the league. While also helping a hometown kid get some more money. #conspiracytheory

The only way it's worth it is if he comes in and increases his value so we get a comp pick after he leaves. NE does this all the time by trading low picks for players with one year left on their deal or signing guys to one year contracts only to release them the following year. They get signed to big contracts somewhere else and NE gets a high comp pick.

If Miami does not plan on drafting a QB until 2020 and they sign him to a two-year deal (as offered), the comp pick just gets pushed further down the road. It also means he is a starter in 2019 and possibly in 2020 with a rookie sitting on the bench. Or he is a backup in 2020. It does no good to sign him for two years and then cut him next year. We get nothing unless we trade him. It would have to be a club option on the 2nd year.

Of course there's always the slim chance he comes in an balls out and we find a franchise QB. I don't see it happening but then we have to extend him to a huge deal after one or two years and don't get the cheap rookie 5 year deal. He wasn't all that impressive when he was healthy, IMO. 14 td to 12 ints as a rookie and 14/9 the next year on some pretty good teams. 6-6 record as a rookie and 11-5 the next year.

I would only do a one-year deal but he may not. I would also wonder about a guy who is being offered a pretty clear chance to start and can't make up his mind because he wants to hold a clipboard. Competitors want to play now. He has a chance to showcase himself and land that big contract so what is the issue? He is not increasing his value by standing on the sideline.

PFT rumor. That can’t happen unless he’s fired or traded. Payton is under contract for 2020 and has shown no desire to leave. Why would he be trying to keep Bridgewater if he were leaving?
It's no secret that Jerry Jones of the Cowboys love Peyton. Here in Dallas, the thought is that Jerry will go after Peyton after next season if Garrett doesn't make a serious superbowl run. And we all know that Jerry wouldn't hesitate to make a trade for Peyton.

Not that it really matters but Tannehill's best season was statistically much better than Teddy's best season... I think Bridgewater is severly overrated over here... Truth is, this is nothing more than a sideways move(at best) from Ryan Tannehill...

https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_2=2014&player_id2=TannRy00&idx=players
Is this turning into an useless Tannehill discussion again? Comparing a 3-year starter (2012, 2013,2014) to a 1/2-year starter? Personally I don't like stats because it does not take anything else into calculations (players, opponents, coaching, weather, game situations etc) but if you compare please compare somewhat comparable stats like below (2nd year for both).
https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_2=2013&player_id2=TannRy00&idx=players

What horrifies me the most is that you had to dig into 2014 to show the statistically best year for Ryan, the QB with an unlimited ceiling. It is 2019. The 2018 season just ended. But I guess we should call ourselves lucky that you did not reference the 7 or 8 games in 2016.

Since you love stats the most significant difference I take from that 2nd year of either player is:
- In 2015 after an 8-5 start the Vikings won their last 3 games including a season ending victory for the division title at Green Bay. You can argue endlessly why and how they won these games but the bottomline is Bridgewater did not **** up enough to miss the playoffs. He actually played his best of the season in two of those games to secure a playoff spot.
- In 2013 after starting 8-6 and needing only one victory to make the playoffs we lost both games to mediocre teams.

You love stats? In those three games in 2015 Bridgewater had a 154, 93 and 45 rating. He threw for 5 TDs and 1 INT. You may want to argue his 45 rating against the Pack but even with a loss they would have made the playoffs. In two games with the playoffs on the line he had a 154 and 93 rating and threw for 5 TDs and no INTs.

In contrast Ryan in his second year threw for 1 TD and 3 INTs and had a 42 and 45 rating with the playoffs on the line.

What boggles me the most is that people like you gave Ryan 7 years and were willing to give him more to reach that unlimited potential. Yet you completely **** on a QB after year 1 or 2 with similar stats and less **** ups.

The only danger with picking up Bridgewater is if we sit here another 7 years waiting for him to develop. A short, cheap (maybe incentive laden) contract is a win-win for us and does not eliminate the possibility of picking up our possible future franchise QB over the next 3 years.

Is this turning into an useless Tannehill discussion again? Comparing a 3-year starter (2012, 2013,2014) to a 1/2-year starter? Personally I don't like stats because it does not take anything else into calculations (players, opponents, coaching, weather, game situations etc) but if you compare please compare somewhat comparable stats like below (2nd year for both).
https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_2=2013&player_id2=TannRy00&idx=players

What horrifies me the most is that you had to dig into 2014 to show the statistically best year for Ryan, the QB with an unlimited ceiling. It is 2019. The 2018 season just ended. But I guess we should call ourselves lucky that you did not reference the 7 or 8 games in 2016.

Since you love stats the most significant difference I take from that 2nd year of either player is:
- In 2015 after an 8-5 start the Vikings won their last 3 games including a season ending victory for the division title at Green Bay. You can argue endlessly why and how they won these games but the bottomline is Bridgewater did not **** up enough to miss the playoffs. He actually played his best of the season in two of those games to secure a playoff spot.
- In 2013 after starting 8-6 and needing only one victory to make the playoffs we lost both games to mediocre teams.

You love stats? In those three games in 2015 Bridgewater had a 154, 93 and 45 rating. He threw for 5 TDs and 1 INT. You may want to argue his 45 rating against the Pack but even with a loss they would have made the playoffs. In two games with the playoffs on the line he had a 154 and 93 rating and threw for 5 TDs and no INTs.

In contrast Ryan in his second year threw for 1 TD and 3 INTs and had a 42 and 45 rating with the playoffs on the line.

What boggles me the most is that people like you gave Ryan 7 years and were willing to give him more to reach that unlimited potential. Yet you completely **** on a QB after year 1 or 2 with similar stats and less **** ups.

The only danger with picking up Bridgewater is if we sit here another 7 years waiting for him to develop. A short, cheap (maybe incentive laden) contract is a win-win for us and does not eliminate the possibility of picking up our possible future franchise QB over the next 3 years.

Mama just killed a man.

But the chances of Teddy being anything more than our tank-leader for 2019 is slim to nil. If our O really thinks Teddy has a better than crappy shot at being our future QB they are dumber than I give them credit for.

Our best bet is whoever we sign gets hurt, we trot out Falk or whoever for 10 games, win 3, and draft Tua. That's our absolute best scenario at this point.

Well we have to go back 3 years to just find stats for Teddy because he hasn't played in 3 years. A little contradictory but keep on.

Not that it really matters but Tannehill's best season was statistically much better than Teddy's best season... I think Bridgewater is severly overrated over here... Truth is, this is nothing more than a sideways move(at best) from Ryan Tannehill...

https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_2=2014&player_id2=TannRy00&idx=players

He had him in TDs, for sure, but that's about it. About 9 more when adjusted for pass attempts. Not sure that qualifies as light years better, at least not to me. I agree that it's a lateral move, which makes no sense. Either way, neither one of them would last long behind this weird patchwork offensive line they're building. I hate the phrase "gonna get killed behind this line," but we have one legit starter and no depth. Neither player with significant injury histories would do well with that. I mean, I'm fully on board with tanking, but I don't want to see somebody get injured.

Calm down buddy... I was comparing their best year because that was what the discussion was about... pay attention...

It's completely valid to compare Bridgewater and Tannehill in this discussion.

He had him in TDs, for sure, but that's about it. About 9 more when adjusted for pass attempts. Not sure that qualifies as light years better, at least not to me. I agree that it's a lateral move, which makes no sense. Either way, neither one of them would last long behind this weird patchwork offensive line they're building. I hate the phrase "gonna get killed behind this line," but we have one legit starter and no depth. Neither player with significant injury histories would do well with that. I mean, I'm fully on board with tanking, but I don't want to see somebody get injured.
Fair enough! We're pretty much on the same page anyway... TBH I dont think any QB could win "too many games" with the roster as is... Fins have no OL or DL, pass rush is inexistant... Fins are going to suck no matter who the QB is so I dont see the value in signing a FA QB...

It's completely valid to compare Bridgewater and Tannehill in this discussion.

He replied to me as if I was trying to shine a better light on Tannehill by comparing only their best years... While I was only commenting on a previous post about precisely comparing their best year...

I'm really not even sure its a lateral move. I like Teddy a lot. Love his story. I just think hes very limited. Ok arm. Not really mobile. What characteristic of his can you point to and say that's above average. Accuracy is decent. Hes coming back from an atrocious injury. Nearly losing his leg. Is he mentally prepared to play with that?

He was a game manager in Minnesota with the best running back of my generation and top ten defense. He threw for 14 TDs and 12 Ints in his best season. He's not gonna have the same luxury here. Quite the opposite. Hes gonna have to score points with less than stellar weapons and a below average oline and a bottom third defense.

I don't think after taking three years off and coming back from a gruesome injury we are gonna see an improved version either.

Back
Top Bottom