Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

We do realise that Teddy has a pro bowl season right. You guys are something else - frankly I would take a flyer on him, he could be a franchise QB - you never know. NO thought enough of him to give up a 3rd round pick to the Jets

It's no secret that Jerry Jones of the Cowboys love Peyton. Here in Dallas, the thought is that Jerry will go after Peyton after next season if Garrett doesn't make a serious superbowl run. And we all know that Jerry wouldn't hesitate to make a trade for Peyton.

It takes two parties to make a trade happen.

We do realise that Teddy has a pro bowl season right. You guys are something else - frankly I would take a flyer on him, he could be a franchise QB - you never know. NO thought enough of him to give up a 3rd round pick to the Jets
Pro Bowl on 14 TDs and 9 INTs... This is just more evidence that the Pro Bowl means absolutely nothing...

Bridgewater isn't good. This mentality of "draft or sign every QB" is cancer.

My exact thoughts.

All the young qbs besides Baker and Luck have been traded up for...Miami can as well.

Yeah we can MAYBE trade up. But there are major downsides to this. First, you may not be able to trade up. Second, you may not get your number one guy in a trade up. Third, the assets you have to give up to do this that takes away from building around the QB you trade up for. Just suck one year.

I say keep the young kids they already have draft one in the middle round of the draft and sign a Journey man QB this year say McCown or Fitz?

All I can say is I found this game (with future hall of famer elite superstar Russell Wilson) thoroughly entertaining lmao:

And Tannehill outplayed Bridge head to head in 2014, just like he did with the overrated RW both times:

Last edited:
Yeah we can MAYBE trade up. But there are major downsides to this. First, you may not be able to trade up. Second, you may not get your number one guy in a trade up. Third, the assets you have to give up to do this that takes away from building around the QB you trade up for. Just suck one year.

Miami will probably suck anyways. So were not going from 25th to 3rd.

Doesnt stop the fact that the only team to actually tank has been indy and they're not better than teams that traded up for their qb. Tanking doesn't work.

I say keep the young kids they already have draft one in the middle round of the draft and sign a Journey man QB this year say McCown or Fitz?

Yeah I get that they are gonna have to sign someone. I mean if we roll out with Falk and Fales the NFL might bring down sanctions on us haha Which i would be completely fine with actually. They will sign someone. McCown would be a good option actually. We can keep the tank in place and maybe keep our dignity for a little while.

if we can sign him for a nice 7-8mil a year range for 2 years I say its worth it, otherwise we may as well sign a journeyman like McCown Fitz or someone similar to a low risk contract till we can get Lawrence in 2021...bridgewater probably would rather sit behind brees on a proven winning team than start for a team that will probably cut you in a year or 2 with a shaky O line

I realize Tedddy is sort of an unknown and has a chance to turn out to be very good (although I'm not optimistic) and I would take him over Tyrod because I know what Tyrod is already but just to put it into perspective his first 2 seasons are very Jay Fiedler like statistically. Check it out Bridgewater in 2015 and Fiedler in 2002 (both with strong running games) put up nearly identical numbers and Jay played less games. Just some perspective on what we are clamoring for. Statistically, Tannehill has never had as pedestrian a season as Bridgewater's best.

We'll see!

Miami will probably suck anyways. So were not going from 25th to 3rd.

Doesnt stop the fact that the only team to actually tank has been indy and they're not better than teams that traded up for their qb. Tanking doesn't work.

I dont like the idea of tanking. but like you said we are gonna probably gonna suck either way. Just play some trash at QB and get it over with. I would much rather have my pick of the QBs next year than having to play games to try to move up and give up assets.

I dont like the idea of tanking. but like you said we are gonna probably gonna suck either way. Just play some trash at QB and get it over with. I would much rather have my pick of the QBs next year than having to play games to try to move up and give up assets.
This is what I've been saying too. People say "we'll just trade up" but you need a team to trade with. What if that team wants to draft the QB we want? They won't trade the pick to us so now what? But even if you do trade up for that QB how much will it cost us to move up? Now you have the QB but no picks to draft players to build around him. Thgis is not fantasy football. Some people think trading up or down for that matter is so easy but it's really not.

Its not arbitrary. Teddy's best year is worst than every year Thill has played besides his rookie year. I am not advocating for Thill. I want him gone. But this idea that he's better than thill is not true.
Nobody said anything like that. I fight the notion that the sampling size on Bridgewater is too small to make a decision either way. We simply do not know. I did not toss Tannehill to the wolves after year 2. I soured on him because of that season ending failure but I gave him the chance to make the next step. Most rookie QBs have the first two years in the orbit of mediocre and maybe slightly above especially if they never have the benefit of sitting behind a decent veteran for year 1.

The step from college to NFL is a gigantic step for any QB. Usually the games begin to slow down in year two for a rookie QB. By year 3 you know what you have in him. Pissing on any QB after year 1 or year 2 is stupid.

Unfortunately Bridgewater's career stopped after year 2. Injuries like that can do that for you. Most likely he will feel like a rookie again.

The point is: if he comes at a decent price there is no risk. Success or not: we will have the opportunity to draft a QB behind him.

@TedSlimmJr Really? Abortion of a game? It was a average game at best which with his only NFL regular season game played since 2015 was expected. But calling it an abortion of a game is ridiculous.
The Saints are willing to spend 7 Mill/year on him as a backup and apparent heir to Brees. The Saints are not that stupid wanting to spend that much money in a player who had an abortion of a game last year.

Back
Top Bottom