Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

All I can say is I found this game (with future hall of famer elite superstar Russell Wilson) thoroughly entertaining lmao:

And Tannehill outplayed Bridge head to head in 2014, just like he did with the overrated RW both times:

Did you just refer to Russell Wilson as "overrated" while hyping up Tannehill? Unbelievable. Your love & infatuation with an average at best injury prone 31 year old QB is pretty sad.

Ryan Tannehill doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation as Russ, unless we are talking "character"

Save the comp pick. Just say NO to Bridgewater or any other QB deal that will take that away!

Did you just refer to Russell Wilson as "overrated" while hyping up Tannehill? Unbelievable. Your love & infatuation with an average at best injury prone 31 year old QB is pretty sad.

Ryan Tannehill doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation as Russ, unless we are talking "character"

Lmao, never compared the two, just stating facts that RT outplayed him twice (thanks Kenny Stills) just like he outplayed TB.

And RW is overrated.

He may be overrated in your eyes but he’s got the hardware to back up his status, which is anything but overrated.

Precisely why he's overrated (all time great D and league leading run to pass ratio).

Nobody said anything like that. I fight the notion that the sampling size on Bridgewater is too small to make a decision either way. We simply do not know. I did not toss Tannehill to the wolves after year 2. I soured on him because of that season ending failure but I gave him the chance to make the next step. Most rookie QBs have the first two years in the orbit of mediocre and maybe slightly above especially if they never have the benefit of sitting behind a decent veteran for year 1.

The step from college to NFL is a gigantic step for any QB. Usually the games begin to slow down in year two for a rookie QB. By year 3 you know what you have in him. Pissing on any QB after year 1 or year 2 is stupid.

Unfortunately Bridgewater's career stopped after year 2. Injuries like that can do that for you. Most likely he will feel like a rookie again.

The point is: if he comes at a decent price there is no risk. Success or not: we will have the opportunity to draft a QB behind him.

@TedSlimmJr Really? Abortion of a game? It was a average game at best which with his only NFL regular season game played since 2015 was expected. But calling it an abortion of a game is ridiculous.
The Saints are willing to spend 7 Mill/year on him as a backup and apparent heir to Brees. The Saints are not that stupid wanting to spend that much money in a player who had an abortion of a game last year.

I really do like Bridgewater. I loved him coming out of college. But if we don't think he's at least somewhat better than Thill than what's the use in bringing him in? I'm not trying to be a smartass but I don't see the rationale. I think people like signing him because it brings some king of hope that next year won't be a dumpster fire. I get that but I have gotten to the point where i hope we can cleanse this team with one terrible season.

That's what gives me hope.

Yea I thought teddy was going back to the saints. Signing teddy would be the opposite of tanking

If that’s what you consider overrated I honestly have nothing else to say.....
View attachment 16826

I’ll wait for you to pull up anything about Tannehill anywhere near that level.

RW is better than Tannehill, but he isn't this all time great QB that many believe.

And Tannehill did outplay him in both head to heads, as he did with Bridgewater in one of the better games of his career.

I really do like Bridgewater. I loved him coming out of college. But if we don't think he's at least somewhat better than Thill than what's the use in bringing him in? I'm not trying to be a smartass but I don't see the rationale. I think people like signing him because it brings some king of hope that next year won't be a dumpster fire. I get that but I have gotten to the point where i hope we can cleanse this team with one terrible season.

That's what gives me hope.
You can cleanse the team in one year without being awful. But that is a matter of opinion....

The thing with Bridgewater is that we do not know if he is or could be better. His career was stopped ice cold in its track. I have to give the Saints some benefit of the doubt because they not only invested a 3rd round pick in him they are also willing to part with 7 Mill/year to keep him as a backup until Brees retires. You don't just toss 7 Mill/year on chickenshit as a backup QB.
If he comes here he will be a rookie all over again. A more refined "rookie" but rookie-like nevertheless. If we can get him at a low price with maybe incentives we have nothing to lose. It is a no lose situation for us.

didn't Bridgewater turn down our larger offer to back up Brees?

If what is reported is correct...The saints offer is 1 year 7mil. The dolphins offer was 2 years 10mil. So 7mil for one year with the saints. 5mil per year for 2 years with the dolphins. I think all you have to do is make that 1 year 7mil with a chance to start and he takes it.

Yea I thought teddy was going back to the saints. Signing teddy would be the opposite of tanking

But it would also not be the same as winning. It would be putting ourselves in the same place we’ve been.

Back
Top Bottom