Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

wonder about a guy being offered a pretty clear chance to start and can't make up his mind because he wants to hold a clipboard. Competitors want to play now. He has a chance to showcase himself and land that big contract so what is the issue? He is not increasing his value by standing on the sideline.

Unfortunately, I think this speaks more to the status, both past and present, of our franchise.

Past: you could say about our beloved franchise that we are one of the teams where QBs come to die.

Present: we are in an obvious rebuild looking to draft a QB this year or next.

Why would he leave a superbowl contender to be a stopgap that might get killed behind a rebuilding OL?

Brees is- WOW- 40. Every player is always one hit away from the bench but at 40 it goes without saying that the possibility increases exponentially.

He's only 26. The way QBs are lasting now, he still has an eternity of time in front of him. Other teams will look into him in many offseasons to come especially if he steps in for Brees and preforms well.

Teddy* scares me. What if this coacing staff is the real deal and can get him to lead us to an extremely unlikely playoff berth? What then?

We've seen what Teddy has to offer and the Vikings passed. Franchise QBs generally stick to their original team, no?

But I do contradict myself as I have on many occasions advocated bringing in young talent with future possibility as a stopgap over an end of his career vet.

So I'm in a gray area- intruged and concerned.

But before any of the above and most importantly, what's the cost?

Mama just killed a man.

But the chances of Teddy being anything more than our tank-leader for 2019 is slim to nil. If our O really thinks Teddy has a better than crappy shot at being our future QB they are dumber than I give them credit for.

Our best bet is whoever we sign gets hurt, we trot out Falk or whoever for 10 games, win 3, and draft Tua. That's our absolute best scenario at this point.
Hoping for an injury now? How pathetic.

true nobody quite sucks like Tanny but that does not lead logically to the concept that Bridgewater does not suck.
the guy has been riding the bench for years and wants to be paid like hes
been on the field. dont sign this sucker

give luke falk a shot.

Calm down buddy... I was comparing their best year because that was what the discussion was about... pay attention...
You compared the "best years" which is in this case an arbitrary stat considering that one QB was a starter for 6 plus years and the other slightly under 2 years.

BTW, I am calm.

It is quite amusing to see the people who died on the hill that is Ryan Tannehill shitting on the idea of bringing in Bridgewater.

He's a FA that won't cost us a pick, is 26, talented, and if he sucks then nothing is lost except a mulligan season anyhow.

As far as him winning too many games and ****ing up the tank ... maybe he wins and looks good enough on an otherwise lackluster team for Miami to NOT have to jump back in the QB market with a 1st rounder or worse. Plus we can always trade up ... like the last umpteen QBs taken in the 1st round not named Baker Mayfield.

I just don't see a lot of downside here.

Because he was hurt for two of these three years. Are you blaming Tannehill for being hurt over a year as well?

Not blaming anyone. Just saying you are talking about bringing up 2014 stats for Thill and how pathetic that is but we have to go back to 2015 to see ANYTHING for bridgewater. I guess we can make an exception and go back to 2015 to see Teddy's stellar year of 14 TDs and 12 Ints.

It is quite amusing to see the people who died on the hill that is Ryan Tannehill ****ting on the idea of bringing in Bridgewater.

He's a FA that won't cost us a pick, is 26, talented, and if he sucks then nothing is lost except a mulligan season anyhow.

As far as him winning too many games and ****ing up the tank ... maybe he wins and looks good enough on an otherwise lackluster team for Miami to NOT have to jump back in the QB market with a 1st rounder or worse. Plus we can always trade up ... like the last umpteen QBs taken in the 1st round not named Baker Mayfield.

We’ve seen what Bridgewater is. It’s a lateral move/sight upgrade to a Tannehill. That still leaves us in 8-8 purgatory. We need to go for greatness.

Hard to believe Teddy Bridgewater can generate a 23 page thread. Then again, this board has always had the strangest takes on quarterbacks of any I've been a part of.

Bridgewater is completely irrelevant as an NFL player. He was almost an average starting quarterback - almost. Then he suffered a devastating injury. It's literally a miracle he still has his leg. He's done.

I actually commented that you didn't want this guy when everybody was hyping him up last year, and pointed out that you'd rather pursue Nick Foles if going the FA route.

This was before Foles led the playoff run and before Bridgewater went out there and had that abortion of a game for the Saints in his only start.

You compared the "best years" which is in this case an arbitrary stat considering that one QB was a starter for 6 plus years and the other slightly under 2 years.

BTW, I am calm.

Its not arbitrary. Teddy's best year is worst than every year Thill has played besides his rookie year. I am not advocating for Thill. I want him gone. But this idea that he's better than thill is not true.

Not blaming anyone. Just saying you are talking about bringing up 2014 stats for Thill and how pathetic that is but we have to go back to 2015 to see ANYTHING for bridgewater. I guess we can make an exception and go back to 2015 to see Teddy's stellar year of 14 TDs and 12 Ints.
If you read my post I compared them as they should have been compared - 2nd year for each. Pulling out a stat for one QB in year 3 or 4 and one in year 2 is unfair and very arbitrary at best.

And it was 14/9 for Teddy in 2015. Ryan was 24/17. Ryan had 10 more TDs but also 8 more INTs in year 2. Neither stat line is that great for their respective 2nd years and in some areas Ryan was better and in some areas Teddy was better. Like I said: it is a wash.

Either trade for Rosen if available.. if he craps the bed, then we're in the Tua Sweepstakes. If he pans out, we've got a budding franchise QB on the cheap.

or

resign Fales and draft Greer or equivalent in the 3rd round and let them duke it out with Falk. Best case scenario is we find a diamond in the rough, worst case, we're in the Tua Sweepstakes. Either way it's "Win Win" with minimum expenditure or cap repurcussions.

It is quite amusing to see the people who died on the hill that is Ryan Tannehill ****ting on the idea of bringing in Bridgewater.

My exact thoughts.

All the young qbs besides Baker and Luck have been traded up for...Miami can as well.

We’ve seen what Bridgewater is. It’s a lateral move/sight upgrade to a Tannehill. That still leaves us in 8-8 purgatory. We need to go for greatness.

We saw a young Bridgewater on an ascending Vikings team making steady progress IIRC. They were pretty pumped about him before the injury.

But 8-8 is a possibility so I'm not too invested in this one either way. I just can't imagine them going into the season with the QB room as is. I like Teddy more than the other options.

Tannehill is done, Bridgewater is done... There's absolutely no value in either one starting for the Fins in 2019...

Back
Top Bottom