Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

I said during the season that he is not going anywhere. While it may have been a 1-year deal with a 2-year option in NoLa it was reported that the Saints and Teddy will lock him up for good.

It must hurt the "tank" crowd that we would actually go after a guy like Bridgewater. I guess Grier saying "we are not tanking" is not good enough.

He is thinking long term...Brees won’t be around much longer.

Miami is going to draft a QB this year or next...My money is on Lock. I think Bridgewater was well aware of that!

Raiders released AJ McCarron - prefer him to Bridgewater anyway. Hope we kick his tires.

I like it. Sign him to a three year deal & let him mentor Lock if that's who we get. If we miss out on Lock, start McCarron for a year & he can be the mentor to the QB we draft next year. Our oline is trash so I don't want our first round rookie to take a beating like Rosen did this year.

So now I HAVE to wonder did miami not promise him that they weren’t gonna draft a 1st round qb and guarantee him the starting job

And as a result not be willing to pay him starter caliber money.

I’m just gonna stick with what I’ve been thinking. That Miami is absolutely in the qb draft market this year if they can make it work asset wise.

The actions seem to be saying as much. Or they just hell bent on 2020 and if that’s the case tbe plan right now at least seems to still be in play.

Can we close this thread now?

So because you are done with it we can’t discuss the ramifications for the dolphins huh.

So I guess we can talk about what 5th string pats cast off we signed

Not really meant towards you but there are potential ramifications to this that well we might as well spit ball.

So now I HAVE to wonder did miami not promise him that they weren’t gonna draft a 1st round qb and guarantee him the starting job

And as a result not be willing to pay him starter caliber money.

I’m just gonna stick with what I’ve been thinking. That Miami is absolutely in the qb draft market this year if they can make it work asset wise.

The actions seem to be saying as much

Teddy was only leaving New Orleans if Miami made him the undisputed starting QB i.e. $15 million AAV as the floor. He has a sweet deal in New Orleans and if something happens to Brees he can make up to $12.5 million. Teddy probably demanded financial security from an organization that has proven its incompetence for nearly 20 years and they wouldn’t give it to him because they don’t view him as the future franchise QB.

Miami is absolutely interested in drafting their own QB, and I tend to agree with you, that guy is in this draft and that guy is currently expected to go ahead of where we pick.

Teddy was only leaving New Orleans if Miami made him the undisputed starting QB i.e. $15 million AAV as the floor. He has a sweet deal in New Orleans and if something happens to Brees he can make up to $12.5 million. Teddy probably demanded financial security from an organization that has proven its incompetence for nearly 20 years and they wouldn’t give it to him because they don’t view him as the future franchise QB.

Miami is absolutely interested in drafting their own QB, and I tend to agree with you, that guy is in this draft and that guy is currently expected to go ahead of where we pick.

Where are you getting that $15 mil from? I understand that’s the probably lowest level starting rate especially for someone who would be a plan a.

But if miamis not willing to pay him starter caliber money to be the undisputed starter don’t they either have to be all in on something in this class or need to stop messing with their potential to land a top 3 pick with some vet that could potentially screw it up?

I mean my play would be either I’m all in on something this year or I’m throwing out the absolute worst option I can to give me the highest odds of landing that coveted top 3 pick.

But part of the problem is the locker room needs to feel like you aren’t mailing it in even if you are. Like I can’t imagine telling minkah for instance 2019 is a throw away.

So they got to mask this best they can. Or again make that all my chips on the table move in tbe draft this year.

Anyways I agree with you that they weren’t willing to meet Teddy’s demands which was the real killer here in terms of an agreement just as much financial as I’m sure guaranteed starter promise

You know it's sad when he'd rather be a backup than come to his hometown

like i just said in a post here a couple of minutes ago, this is the state of the current dolphins at this point in history. Nobody worth a dang, and even some who are not don't want to come here. And i know everyone has been teaching themselves how to warm themselves to all this but dragging in this bunch of nobody's coaching staff complete with personal baby sitters for each made our current nightmare team a gonner.

Teddy Bridgewater just handed us the biggest embarrassment this team has ever had, bigger than any brady beat down, monday night massacre or bully gate ever did. There were not multiple, big time teams (or any bad teams) lined up to land him. He chose to leave his home and hometown team who offered multi year, starting gig for a team he wont be starting with for maybe 4-5 years (unless brees gets hurt) and a state that lets him keep a mass part of his check due to floridas tax structure. Warm weather, moms cooking, homies and fam at every home game and he couldn't get out of miami with a copy of ross's offer fast enough.

Think hard about that. Let the reality set in before laying me out for interupting your warm and fuzzy "were gonna be alright" buzz. This is the slap heard around the football world. We are dead to the nfl. Not my fault, not yours. Boss Ross and his puppet grier are at fault. I feel very sorry for mr flores as he is going to wish very soon he had never heard the name miami dolphins.

Where are you getting that $15 mil from? I understand that’s the probably lowest level starting rate especially for someone who would be a plan a.

But if miamis not willing to pay him starter caliber money to be the undisputed starter don’t they either have to be all in on something in this class or need to stop messing with their potential to land a top 3 pick with some vet that could potentially screw it up?

I mean my play would be either I’m all in on something this year or I’m throwing out the absolute worst option I can to give me the highest odds of landing that coveted top 3 pick.

But part of the problem is the locker room needs to feel like you aren’t mailing it in even if you are. Like I can’t imagine telling minkah for instance 2019 is a throw away.

So they got to mask this best they can. Or again make that all my chips on the table move in tbe draft this year.

It was reported that Teddy was only leaving if Miami offered him “life changing” money. To me that means starter money and the floor for that is $15 million.

I think they want a good lockeroom bridge guy, somebody they don’t want to give more than $10 million for a season or two, while they bring in their guy. They aren’t committing to any of these other QBs.

And I think their guy is Haskins.

Haskins is a guy that could use a season behind a guy like Tyrod or Teddy, probably why they went hard after those 2 guys. Good lockeroom guys, veteran experience and can lead their teams.

Murray is a day 1 starter for whoever takes him, They will do their due dilligence but ultimately they probably know he will not be in reach.

Haskins is the guy they want and he should be obtainable if they want him

Reads like a telenovella...muy dramatic.

Too many assumptions re; what the phins may or may not have offered TB. He made the best decision for him and who can blame him...easier money.

WELCOME BACK TANNEHILL with a paycut... he can placehold for whoever we draft.

It was reported that Teddy was only leaving if Miami offered him “life changing” money. To me that means starter money and the floor for that is $15 million.

I think they want a good lockeroom bridge guy, somebody they don’t want to give more than $10 million for a season or two, while they bring in their guy. They aren’t committing to any of these other QBs.

And I think their guy is Haskins.

Haskins is a guy that could use a season behind a guy like Tyrod or Teddy, probably why they went hard after those 2 guys. Good lockeroom guys, veteran experience and can lead their teams.

Murray is a day 1 starter for whoever takes him, They will do their due dilligence but ultimately they probably know he will not be in reach.

Haskins is the guy they want and he should be obtainable if they want him

I don’t know who the guy is and Murray’s personality I could see rubbing some tbe wrong way frankly he kind of comes off as a dick in some ways but this fan base should be happy assuming that Miami wouldn’t offer teddy legit money

Helps keep all draft options which seems to be everyone’s true preferred route on the table. Be it now or 2020.

I do agree however that Haskins would be a very attainable asset in terms of cost to Miami from 13 should that be the play. You go to 5 odds are good he’s yours.

If that’s their guy.

Back
Top Bottom