Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

Shits going to hit the fan with some of these posters if a QB isn’t picked in rd 1. I’ll be sitting here :munch: when that happens.

im glad hes not here with his self touting twattery. "life changing money" LOL WTF?

he is pretty confident hes going to be the permanent NO starter come 2020. i think hes in for a big surprise.

Kaepernick still available

I just can’t imagine bringing him in and the distraction that will come with that.

Bridgewater would of been a real good fit but I completely get not blowing the bank on him if you know he’s not the guy u have pegged as the franchise but only as a bridge.

And I get Teddy not wanting to be that at age 26, even if it still would of presented himself with an opportunity to play well for a big payday. If Brees retires and he takes over the Saints and gets the big contract, then that probably is the smart move.

****s going to hit the fan with some of these posters if a QB isn’t picked in rd 1. I’ll be sitting here :munch: when that happens.

QB better be picked at 1 if there if there is any of the big 4 are available.

ps Fales before Kap.:writing

That mccarron thing could play out.

If it does I know I damn sure aren’t ruling out any first round pick qb.

The other thing I would say is I think there’s potential for you to sit at 13 and Haskins to come right to you. Especially if the giants trade for rosen or he gets by there.

But if you make that play you damn well better pivot to o line after.

If they are all in on him though I doubt they’d sit and wait.

QB better be picked at 1 if there if there is any of the big 4 are available.

ps Fales before Kap.:writing

Eh? Kaepernick sucks and always has sucked. As for Fales he was a fave of the previous regime I don’t see him in a Dolphin uni in 2019.

like i just said in a post here a couple of minutes ago, this is the state of the current dolphins at this point in history. Nobody worth a dang, and even some who are not don't want to come here. And i know everyone has been teaching themselves how to warm themselves to all this but dragging in this bunch of nobody's coaching staff complete with personal baby sitters for each made our current nightmare team a gonner.

Teddy Bridgewater just handed us the biggest embarrassment this team has ever had, bigger than any brady beat down, monday night massacre or bully gate ever did. There were not multiple, big time teams (or any bad teams) lined up to land him. He chose to leave his home and hometown team who offered multi year, starting gig for a team he wont be starting with for maybe 4-5 years (unless brees gets hurt) and a state that lets him keep a mass part of his check due to floridas tax structure. Warm weather, moms cooking, homies and fam at every home game and he couldn't get out of miami with a copy of ross's offer fast enough.

Think hard about that. Let the reality set in before laying me out for interupting your warm and fuzzy "were gonna be alright" buzz. This is the slap heard around the football world. We are dead to the nfl. Not my fault, not yours. Boss Ross and his puppet grier are at fault. I feel very sorry for mr flores as he is going to wish very soon he had never heard the name miami dolphins.
Lets see how this turns out, "slap" or whatever you want to call it. If Flores turns out to be a good Head Coach and turns things around no one is going to care about when some backup QB, who will most likely be out of the league in a couple of years, turned the team down. Good luck Teddy, because IMO he has no shot of ever starting in New Orleans unless Brees gets hurt.

The other thing I would say is I think there’s potential for you to sit at 13 and Haskins to come right to you. Especially if the giants trade for rosen or he gets by there.

But if you make that play you damn well better pivot to o line after.

If they are all in on him though I doubt they’d sit and wait.

Or they piss everyone off and take Lock.

Or they piss everyone off and take Lock.

Can’t rule it out I suppose

As kdawg said feels like they are looking for something to bridge the gap. I think that fits Haskins more or the 2020 class

If they draft Haskins I bet you he’d start by the bye week. Unless they do land some marginal no upside lost cause vet that we stick with too long lol

This is not a loss.

I know it feels like one right now. I know there’s panic in some circles because the Miami Dolphins don’t have a starting quarterback, and starting QB candidate Teddy Bridgewater on Thursday decided to pass on the opportunity to fill the job.

And instead Bridgewater thought signing a one-year deal to be a backup with the New Orleans Saints was a better option -- riding the pine behind Drew Brees being more attractive to him than playing every week for his hometown team.

So the optics of this are not good, particularly when you factor the Dolphins are the NFL’s only team without a starter. Indeed, some pundits started comparing this to the Dolphins missing out on Drew Brees in 2006. Even Bridgewater made a not-so-veiled reference to that on his Twitter account.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article227821404.html

This quote pretty much sums up what I thought of the Bridgewater fiasco.

“But the Dolphins don’t believe Bridgewater is that guy. For the team, Teddy Bridgewater was not Mr. Right. The team viewed him more as Mr. Right Now.”

We opened the door for him with definite limits on the table -- so he chose to protect his backside and take the easy $.

No prob. That act by itself disqualified HIM from our consideration.

It was an equatable opportunity for both parties and ABSOLUTELY ZERO lost in the process.

In fact it gave us an opportunity to establish the fact we do NOT negotiate against ourselves.

You can bet other agents etc. noticed our non-desperation and discipline in the process...

My .02.

Back
Top Bottom