Terrence Fede is unblockable? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrence Fede is unblockable?

Someone in the media did, i domt remember who, they tried to accuse us of not taking sam since hes gay without straight up saying it, basically saying how did we pass a sec d end with 10 sacks.for a guy.from.marist.

Tbh I can't believe we scouted a guy from marist, props to hickey he doesn't discriminate small schools.and it could pay off big for us.

I remember that explicitly. They were making a big deal that no one was picking up Sam because he's gay, and when we picked up Fede, one of them called out the Phins and said there was no other reason for them not to pick Sam.

Someone in the media did, i domt remember who, they tried to accuse us of not taking sam since hes gay without straight up saying it, basically saying how did we pass a sec d end with 10 sacks.for a guy.from.marist.

Tbh I can't believe we scouted a guy from marist, props to hickey he doesn't discriminate small schools.and it could pay off big for us.

Rich Eisen

"so you're telling me they are taking this guy over the sec defensive player of the year?"

yup Rich. looks like we hit a homerun doing that

I also doubt OV stays next year...glad to hear we might have a potential replacement for him. We will probably draft a DE high as well.

Maybe, this team needs to start thinking left tackle of the future.

If OV breaks out they have some decisions to make.

Next year is the really tough cap year....can't see them keeping everybody and Fede will certainly be a bargain.

Lamar Miller is another tough decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Next year is the really tough cap year....can't seem them keeping everybody and Fede will certainly be a bargain.

absolutely agree about LT of the future. maybe CB, too, depending on how this season plays out.

Fede seems to be good at just about everything. If he keeps improving the way he has, I'd rather keep him over OV if I had to choose. He's a gem for sure.

Player for player trades never really happen in football like they do in baseball, I guess because teams would rather have draft picks in the NFL as they're valued more, but if we can trade Vernon for a young, starting caliber MLB, we should.

A. We'll probably only have Vernon for one more season, and I believe he's overrated anyway. He'll probably get massively overpaid because of inflated performance playing with Wake and Suh.
B. We have great depth at DE and Fede looks like an animal, so I don't believe replacing Vernon will be an issue.
C. I think this defense is a good MLB away from having elite (top 3-5) potential.

My only concern with moving on from OV...

IS Wake only has a few more years in him...granted we could get by during that time, but it would be nice to keep OV, Wake and Fede with the idea that Wake won't be here in 2017

Next year is the really tough cap year....can't seem them keeping everybody and Fede will certainly be a bargain.

If Lamar has another year with any sort of resemblance to 2014 it's not much of a decision at all. He won't break the bank, and so far our depth hasn't shown the ability to replace him.

I'd prefer to find a supplemental replacement to 12 mil a year OV....

Player for player trades never really happen in football like they do in baseball, I guess because teams would rather have draft picks in the NFL as they're valued more, but if we can trade Vernon for a young, starting caliber MLB, we should.

A. We'll probably only have Vernon for one more season, and I believe he's overrated anyway. He'll probably get massively overpaid because of inflated performance playing with Wake and Suh.
B. We have great depth at DE and Fede looks like an animal, so I don't believe replacing Vernon will be an issue.
C. I think this defense is a good MLB away from having elite (top 3-5) potential.

I don't think anyone would trade us a quality player for Vernon. Unless that young up and coming MLB was also on the last year of his rookie year

If Vernon doesn't have 12+ sacks this season I don't even know if I'd consider signing him again. He is going to be one on one all season long. If he can't beat a single blocker consistently what will he do if he has a TE or RB'S constantly chipping him on pass plays.

I'd rather let someone else sign him to an exorbitant contract and get a possible 3rd round compensation pick.

However if he does have a big year it would be easy to fit him under next years cap. Aponte would just need to structure it like the Suh contract where the cap hit is much smaller in year one. Then when Wake's contract comes off the book and the cap goes up there shouldn't be a problem.

You can't keep everyone after their rookie contract. do you keep veron or Wake? cutting wake while a good business decision, esp if age catches up with him, but it might be better to extend/restructure wake, let Vernon walk and roll with fede next year.

I hope he gets a chance to start. But theres only so many spots on that line. Should get a good look tomorrow night.

Eisen is like Berman, neither really know football but talk football. It is their job to talk football, to keep the discussion moving and to be an anchor on tv. In no way, ever, are either of them qualified to be an "expert" on talent or know jack squat what they are talking about. Berman reports with a strong bias and Eisen just wants to be the cool kid hanging out with all the jocks. Now I prefer Eisen from his days on SC as an anchor. However, in no way do I take anything they say regarding the game with any bit of respect.

Eisen is a Jets fan. He makes it known all the time on his show.

Back
Top Bottom