Terrence Fede is unblockable? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrence Fede is unblockable?

This is a tough decision. Wake is and has been a beast the entire time he's been with the fins. Vernon has been inconsistent, at best. I, personally, think OV is the type of player who benefits from better players on the DL. Truthfully, this year might really be his best year ever. If that's the case it will put the fins in a predicament. Do you re-sign him and then try to trade him? Do you let him walk and hope you can collect in compensatory pics? What do you do? I feel bad for everyone involved, OV is a good player ( not great) that deserves to be paid well. Maybe he isn't a BIG money player and wants to win. Maybe he takes a lower offer to stay with a playoff team, if we make the playoffs. Personally I like OV and would be sad to see him go, but I don't think 12m a year is what he's worth. 5-6 is my value.

This is a tough decision. Wake is and has been a beast the entire time he's been with the fins. Vernon has been inconsistent, at best. I, personally, think OV is the type of player who benefits from better players on the DL. Truthfully, this year might really be his best year ever. If that's the case it will put the fins in a predicament. Do you re-sign him and then try to trade him? Do you let him walk and hope you can collect in compensatory pics? What do you do? I feel bad for everyone involved, OV is a good player ( not great) that deserves to be paid well. Maybe he isn't a BIG money player and wants to win. Maybe he takes a lower offer to stay with a playoff team, if we make the playoffs. Personally I like OV and would be sad to see him go, but I don't think 12m a year is what he's worth. 5-6 is my value.
Only way that happens is if we don't go sign the highest priced free agent like we've done the last three years. It's a concern of mine because Tannenbaum is onboard and he likes to sign big name free agents. I don't blame him for going after Suh...he's a once in a generation type player...but Wallace and Albert (who had an extensive injury history), although those weren't signed by Tannenbaum, were not guys we should have broke the bank for.

OV is a South Florida guy...he went to high school at American Senior High in Miami, went to the University of Miami but he strikes me as a guy that will go where ever the biggest payoff is. Lamar Miller on the other hand will probably take less just to stay in South Florida...another guy who has his roots in Miami...Killian High, U of Miami and now the Dolphins.

Only way that happens is if we don't go sign the highest priced free agent like we've done the last three years. It's a concern of mine because Tannenbaum is onboard and he likes to sign big name free agents. I don't blame him for going after Suh...he's a once in a generation type player...but Wallace and Albert (who had an extensive injury history), although those weren't signed by Tannenbaum, were not guys we should have broke the bank for.

OV is a South Florida guy...he went to high school at American Senior High in Miami, went to the University of Miami but he strikes me as a guy that will go where ever the biggest payoff is. Lamar Miller on the other hand will probably take less just to stay in South Florida...another guy who has his roots in Miami...Killian High, U of Miami and now the Dolphins.

I get your drift, and what I'm thinking is. What might be the most desirable free agent this year, and do we really need him/her (I kid). To me when you pay high for free agents, you pay for impact positions. So what impact position is avialble next year. I think we are set at SOME of the most important positions ie...QB, WR, RB, DE, DL, TE, LT, SS, rt (note lower case) db. Yes we need work in the LB corps, but who is available and affordable next year that would be in our realm of possibility. I can't think of any. This year, to me, is do or die. I think we can appear in the playoffs, ad maybe next year someone will emerge that is affordable and will put the team over the edge. I dont know....

I get your drift, and what I'm thinking is. What might be the most desirable free agent this year, and do we really need him/her (I kid). To me when you pay high for free agents, you pay for impact positions. So what impact position is avialble next year. I think we are set at SOME of the most important positions ie...QB, WR, RB, DE, DL, TE, LT, SS, rt (note lower case) db. Yes we need work in the LB corps, but who is available and affordable next year that would be in our realm of possibility. I can't think of any. This year, to me, is do or die. I think we can appear in the playoffs, ad maybe next year someone will emerge that is affordable and will put the team over the edge. I dont know....

I don't see us adding a big name free agent next year unless Philbin gets fired and we have to re-tool/rebuild again the way the new coach wants. I can see maybe going after a CB (if we let Grimes go to save cap and he's on the wrong side of 30) and I don't know of any linebackers that would be available...those are the only two positions I could see us making a play for as far as a big name free agent. We need depth on the O-line but those are 2nd tier players at best. As far as starters go CB and LB seem to be the only two spots we may look to fill in free agency.

I don't see us adding a big name free agent next year unless Philbin gets fired and we have to re-tool/rebuild again the way the new coach wants. I can see maybe going after a CB (if we let Grimes go to save cap and he's on the wrong side of 30) and I don't know of any linebackers that would be available...those are the only two positions I could see us making a play for as far as a big name free agent. We need depth on the O-line but those are 2nd tier players at best. As far as starters go CB and LB seem to be the only two spots we may look to fill in free agency.

Thats what I'm saying. I can't think of a MAJOR weakness as of yet. The regular season will possibly reveal more. I think we have many pieces to make a great push, coaching is the only real weak link imo. And it's not THAT weak.

Thats what I'm saying. I can't think of a MAJOR weakness as of yet. The regular season will possibly reveal more. I think we have many pieces to make a great push, coaching is the only real weak link imo. And it's not THAT weak.

I'm not down on Philbin like a lot of people. Yeah he makes some boneheaded timeout calls but so do a lot of coaches. In the three years he's been coach we've been in a lot more games with a chance to win than we ever were with Sparano, Saban, or Wannstedt who were all on the wrong side of some awful blowouts. He's also had to try and make his system work with players that didn't fit...or just wasn't allowed to implement what he wanted to do cause he didn't have the right players thanks to two years of Ireland. No one can deny we've improved talent and gotten better scheme fit players under Dennis Hickey.

When it comes to X's and O's I think Philbin is one of the better coaches but success for a coach is tied closely to talent on the team. People who don't know how to argue against him bring up his lack of being a motivator (and that's from the outside looking in cause unless you're in that locker room you don't know for sure) but overlook coaches like Tony Dungy or Bill Belichick who are generally quiet coaches. And the coach in Jacksonville, who's name I can never remember, is one of the more fired up coaches in the league and he has yet to reach 5 wins in a season. I wish we would have hired Hickey when we hired Philbin...we'd be way ahead of the curve right now. Tannehill's development was stunted by Ireland who failed to get him receivers when he was a rookie and an offensive line. We made the switch to the 4-3 from the 3-4 under Philbin and Ireland failed to get linebackers that fit that scheme and really he got lucky with OV cause OV is more of a tweener OLB/DE IMO...but the linebackers Ireland picked in the draft and free agency...goodness smh. We really haven't had a good GM in a long time and it's the main reason we've only been to the playoffs once in the last 13 years.

How bloody awesome would it be for Philbin and Hickey/Tannenbaum to be able to be the next franchise like that of GB to be able to re-build every year through the draft possessing the strong ability of player progression and with very little dependency on free agency.

:bong2:

Remember when we got yelled at for not drafting michael sam over fede?

Guess hickey knew what he was doing.

Ill be honest I didn't expect fede would be this good this fast, his tape was good but against that.level of.competition, hard to.judge.

I never thought Sam had NFL ability. Just another good college player. He was a politically correct draft pick that the media shamelessly over promoted.

I'm not down on Philbin like a lot of people. Yeah he makes some boneheaded timeout calls but so do a lot of coaches. In the three years he's been coach we've been in a lot more games with a chance to win than we ever were with Sparano, Saban, or Wannstedt who were all on the wrong side of some awful blowouts. He's also had to try and make his system work with players that didn't fit...or just wasn't allowed to implement what he wanted to do cause he didn't have the right players thanks to two years of Ireland. No one can deny we've improved talent and gotten better scheme fit players under Dennis Hickey.

When it comes to X's and O's I think Philbin is one of the better coaches but success for a coach is tied closely to talent on the team. People who don't know how to argue against him bring up his lack of being a motivator (and that's from the outside looking in cause unless you're in that locker room you don't know for sure) but overlook coaches like Tony Dungy or Bill Belichick who are generally quiet coaches. And the coach in Jacksonville, who's name I can never remember, is one of the more fired up coaches in the league and he has yet to reach 5 wins in a season. I wish we would have hired Hickey when we hired Philbin...we'd be way ahead of the curve right now. Tannehill's development was stunted by Ireland who failed to get him receivers when he was a rookie and an offensive line. We made the switch to the 4-3 from the 3-4 under Philbin and Ireland failed to get linebackers that fit that scheme and really he got lucky with OV cause OV is more of a tweener OLB/DE IMO...but the linebackers Ireland picked in the draft and free agency...goodness smh. We really haven't had a good GM in a long time and it's the main reason we've only been to the playoffs once in the last 13 years.

Believe me brother, I'm not down on Philbin as a coach either. I do believe at this point, however, he is possible our weakest link. And I'm not just crapping on him either, check my post history. I've always defended him. Also, imo, saying he is the weak link isn't exactly an insult. I, personally, believe that we have a very strong TEAM. This is a product of Philbin, no one else. I'm trying to put my thoughts in to words, but it's not easy right now. I've never been the most articulate poster, so trying to get a coherent sentence out of an adhd person is akin to fighting a buffalo for some flowers....not gonna happen.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

How bloody awesome would it be for Philbin and Hickey/Tannenbaum to be able to be the next franchise like that of GB to be able to re-build every year through the draft possessing the strong ability of player progression and with very little dependency on free agency.

:bong2:

I think it CAN happen. I guess I'm just jaded by years of failure.

I never got that impression. Apparently the coaches didn't either, because he never got pulled off the field. I would be willing to discuss it, though, but only if we're talking about factual examples, and not simply assertions.

SO Be posted several numbers on OV run grades according to PFF and from that I gathered that he was not very good (at least as far as I can remember) As far as what I see...he get washed down too often and gives up the edge...I don;t play review or watch film enough to give a definitive answer on that, but my impression is...he can get handled.

He may be better then Wake, but there were times, on run downs, when we would moved odrick to DE with Shelby on the other side.

OV is not better than wake, on any planet. Wake is a game changer, OV makes plays that are impactful, but not game changers, YET. I won't give up hope.

OV is a young David Bowens, who like Bowens, will walk after we only offer a 5 mil/yr deal

Back
Top Bottom