Texans a Trap Game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans a Trap Game?

What's up with this chicken little crap man ? Be that later on in a few weeks when things will really get tough but right now? No.

you guys are too bored. Letting bad juju into your thoughts.

We are going to win this game ....after that the schedule begins to get more dicey and you can commence the shaking in your boots stuff at every opponent

Any other year the last 22 years…..YES it would be considered a trap game. Not this year and not with this group

Cleveland last week, was our classic trap game. Years past we lose that game finish 9-7 miss the playoffs and look back at our many trap games and wonder…..
“How’d we lose that one?”

Not to over look Houston after all it’s the NFL. However, we expect a win. They may not Vegas-cover a big number spread but we don’t care! Wins a win

Yes, I know they are just the Texans, but this has the makings of a trap game.

1. We were on a nice roll of wins, hopefully the bye week didn’t dampen that momentum.

2. We play the @49ers right after and I know MMD circled that game as soon as the schedule came out.

3. We are at home after a bye vs a pretty mediocre team, hopefully we can stay focused.

4. The Texan historically play us very well even when they were/are a dumpster fire.

Now none of this means we will lose, but I think this game could be a lot closer and nerve wrecking than we think.
Not if we are a playoff team. We loose to them we have no business being in the playoffs

Coach Mike should focus less on the game plan and more on bringing a large lobster trap into the locker room.

This will help the players understand it's a trap game...
God, how I hate him still …

Coach Mike should focus less on the game plan and more on bringing a large lobster trap into the locker room.

This will help the players understand it's a trap game...
Well, if McD is gonna bring in a lobster trap he best pick up the garbage/wrappers left behind... he's got a lot to do before this game. Thank god for the bye week!

At least we got rid of Tunsil to build our dynasty... can't have players slipping in trash and falling into traps before game time.

Screw that noise.

This is more like a collegiate "tune up game". As long as the players take it seriously, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, this should be just another check off on the "to do" list, akin to taking out the garbage.

Yes, I know they are just the Texans, but this has the makings of a trap game.

1. We were on a nice roll of wins, hopefully the bye week didn’t dampen that momentum.

2. We play the @49ers right after and I know MMD circled that game as soon as the schedule came out.

3. We are at home after a bye vs a pretty mediocre team, hopefully we can stay focused.

4. The Texan historically play us very well even when they were/are a dumpster fire.

Now none of this means we will lose, but I think this game could be a lot closer and nerve wrecking than we think.
I love how every time we get a lay up on the schedule someone has to cite it as a trap game. How about they are just a middling talentless c0ckroach of a team and we're the boot?

What does "The Texans historically play us well" nonsense mean? It means that somehow their clothing is almost as good as our clothing? Do you understand the amount of turnover both teams have seen over the years?

Their ONE strength is the fact they found a good rookie RB. That goes against the strength of our defense. He’ll probably have 60 yards. It won’t mean much after we’re up 14-0 early on.

Davis mills is terrible and a statue. The kind of qb we’re actually good against.

Brandon cooks and Nico collins are good, but not game breakers.

As someone else pointed out, their defense is dead last in rushing defense. We actually have a solid running game now.

IMO, McD won’t allow these guys to NOT be emotionally mature enough to handle being favored by as much as we will be.

*On a side note* does anyone else remember that tyreek hill had no idea who we were playing when interviewed in the locker room after the Bills game? That gives me hope we’d never overlook anyone.

I don't believe in trap games. This isn't like basketball where you play a game every other night and can lose focus here and there. This is played weekly and you prepare all week for one game If you lose it because the other team played better than you not because you overlooked them.

I’m happy we play the Texans after the bye to find our grove again after a week of rest. I suspect it’ll be a lot closer game than if we had played before the bye and we were firing on all cylinders.

Then we get a really tuff stretch of 3 road games. Hope the bye helped vets like X and Armstrong rest up.

All the Texans have offensively is Dameon Pierce, we shut running backs down, im not worried about the statue Davis Mills.

This should be another showcase blowout for the home fans. Yes SF was circled, but even with Garropolo they are a mediocre team as well, very beatable. NFC isn't all that good this year.

Also, a five hundred team is mediocre, the Texans ate wishing they were mediocre, just saying....

🤣 Week after week is a trap game from some member here. Guess this is the one this week

I thought the Browns game would be close, but it wasn't. The Texans seem to stay in games but I don't think they do here, I'm expecting another relatively easy win

Back
Top Bottom