Texans a Trap Game? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans a Trap Game?

This is a forum to post about dolphins and discuss. It’s a bye week and there isn’t a whole lot going on. The concept of a trap game is not about winning multiple in a row and then losing one. It’s about taking a team lightly and not being fully focused. It’s nothing new and happens all the time in the NFL.
My point is there’s no such thing as a trap game at all. It’s a made up term when a better team loses. I explained it another post here. You just bought into the term is all

I don’t think we are good enough to take any team lightly. Too many of our games have been nail biters.
For some reason I also think both Tua and McDaniels would avoid allowing that to become a team mindset.

Yes, I know they are just the Texans, but this has the makings of a trap game.

1. We were on a nice roll of wins, hopefully the bye week didn’t dampen that momentum.

2. We play the @49ers right after and I know MMD circled that game as soon as the schedule came out.

3. We are at home after a bye vs a pretty mediocre team, hopefully we can stay focused.

4. The Texan historically play us very well even when they were/are a dumpster fire.

Now none of this means we will lose, but I think this game could be a lot closer and nerve wrecking than we think.
Biggest concern is their run game. Their D cant cover our WR 's Other than that meh!

Theyre gonna be trying to kill Tua and that's probably the scariest part.
Winning the game with a healthy Tua?
Easy.
Winning game without healthy Tua?
Not easy.
That's the mission.
Keep Tua safe.

Not even a little bit concerned about this game. Green Bay is a whole other story.

That McD wouldn’t have the Dolphins ready to play after a two week stint is an insult to McD as a coach.

We're not used to this as Fins fans but, when you're a top team, every game seems to easy to be true.

Coach Mike should focus less on the game plan and more on bringing a large lobster trap into the locker room.

This will help the players understand it's a trap game...
Who was the one that had a block of wood and an ax in the locker room? The punter cut their leg and needed stitches

Only the op thinks this is a trap game.
Which OP?

Back
Top Bottom