Texans a Trap Game? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans a Trap Game?

Coming off a bye? No way we take this game lightly. This coach and this team are grinders, they will be focused on this week alone. Not worried about this game as a trap at all

The Texans offence is so bad that they are going to give our offence a lot of possessions. We are going to score 40 or more on them.

Not so sure about the running game being proven just yet. We have had 107/77/195 yards against the 30th, 31st and 21st ranking rushing defenses in the past 3 games. Fortunately the Texas are 32nd. Need more buck fifty games against teams in the top half to confirm the running game as fixed.
If you only go by statistics, that is a valid observation.

If you watch the games, and then rewatch/breakdown the film, paying attention to Oline play, one has to conclude that we are steadily improving the execution of both inside, as well as outside zone blocking schemes.

Not ready to say we are a great running team just yet either, just that there is more to include in the assessment than simple opponent rankings, and the oulook is more promising than it has been in years.

Coach Mike should focus less on the game plan and more on bringing a large lobster trap into the locker room.

This will help the players understand it's a trap game...
lol, reminds me of Dave wannstach.... put lobster all over the locker room and boom we lost against Vikings I think....

Every game is a potential trap game, if the team becomes complacent and cavalier in its preparation and play. I trust that McD and the leaders of the team will not allow this to happen.

I’d like to see Tyreek get 200+ yards this game. Same with Waddle.

Victory, of course, but I’d like to see Tyreek get 2000+ yards for the season. This is the game where 200+ should be very doable.

This is a "Trap Game", I don't believe the Texans can offer the same amount of stimulation and confusion to team and fans :p

1669157319419.png

It better not be…Champions don’t lose games like this one.

Texans Are already in “Losin’ for Levis” mode and the Dolphins should take care of business!

I would like for us to blow them out , rest our key guys in the 4th.
This is a game i would bet the house on , no way we lose

In years past I would say yes but given McDaniel and his preparation, absolutely not. Now could the unthinkable happen and Houston pulls off a win, sure, any given Sunday type **** but in order to do that Miami would have to play like dog **** and I just don't see that happening under McDrip.

Yes, I know they are just the Texans, but this has the makings of a trap game.

1. We were on a nice roll of wins, hopefully the bye week didn’t dampen that momentum.

2. We play the @49ers right after and I know MMD circled that game as soon as the schedule came out.

3. We are at home after a bye vs a pretty mediocre team, hopefully we can stay focused.

4. The Texan historically play us very well even when they were/are a dumpster fire.

Now none of this means we will lose, but I think this game could be a lot closer and nerve wrecking than we think.
A trap game for which team?
If the Texans think like you, they are setting themselves up for a big disappointment. - LOL

As long as they win by even one point, I really don’t care how nerve wrecking the game is.
Some peoples "nerve racking" is another person's "thrill seeking".

I am an optimist and think a lot of Dolphins fans do not realize they are just "disappointed" thrill seekers.

This does not include "Lemmings", who's only real joy is complaining about the "sky is falling" via hyperbolic rants that even American political parties could live up to - LOL

I would usually think so, but this team has a different energy. But I could see how our guys could fall easily into thinking it would be a walk in the park since Houston is not a great team.

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

I doubt any team with the injury history we have this year would consider any NFL game a "walk in the park".

You are in danger of "going down the rabbit hole".
Say high to Alice if you see her. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom