Texans a Trap Game? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans a Trap Game?

No way we overlook the Texans. Have Mostert and Jeff Wilson jr on my fantasy team and may play both due to their run D. Along with Tyreek and Tua. So yeah, a homer.

Every game this year I see improvement since the previous game. I do not believe this team and these coaches will not give 100% effort. I just do not see it.

Yes, I know they are just the Texans, but this has the makings of a trap game.

1. We were on a nice roll of wins, hopefully the bye week didn’t dampen that momentum.

2. We play the @49ers right after and I know MMD circled that game as soon as the schedule came out.

3. We are at home after a bye vs a pretty mediocre team, hopefully we can stay focused.

4. The Texan historically play us very well even when they were/are a dumpster fire.

Now none of this means we will lose, but I think this game could be a lot closer and nerve wrecking than we think.
For them

Every game is a trap game.
Stupid thread because there is no “trap” game
every game is a dog fight, you either show up or you don’t.
and guess what? sometimes bad teams do match up against a better team but not other better teams. That’s the NFL

Thankfully this game is right before the bye so you'd expect the extra time to prepare keeps them focused while also resting and reflecting.

Hard to believe this team is juiced to get back out there each and every week. Especially the coach and QB. They still have a lot to prove.

And then there is this caveat; Houston NEEDS to lose this game (and the rest of their games).

They are in the driver seat for CJ Stroud, DON'T F that up. With the Cleveland losses starting to mount, they have a great opportunity to zoom past the rest of their mediocre division with these picks. Ironically they host Deshaun Watson and the Browns right after they play us.

Houston's been competitive with the 1-7-1 record, that's best case scenario for a tank, that RB has been feasting.

Dolphins need to wipe the floor with them.

we're not good enough to take any game for granted.....I'm sure mcDaniel has talked to them about it.

1. We were on a nice roll of wins, hopefully the bye week didn’t dampen that momentum.

2. We play the @49ers right after and I know MMD circled that game as soon as the schedule came out.

3. We are at home after a bye vs a pretty mediocre team, hopefully we can stay focused.

4. The Texan historically play us very well even when they were/are a dumpster fire.

Now none of this means we will lose, but I think this game could be a lot closer and nerve wrecking than we think.

OK, I admit it. I'm scared by all the post-Marino years. I still see every game against an equal or lesser opponent as a trap game. Too many time I've seen Miami with 'a shot' at the play-offs, only to be disappointed. The flip side is Miami seems to have legitimate coaching and more talent that even Dan has seen. Nonetheless, I'm concerned.

OK, I admit it. I'm scared by all the post-Marino years. I still see every game against an equal or lesser opponent as a trap game. Too many time I've seen Miami with 'a shot' at the play-offs, only to be disappointed. The flip side is Miami seems to have legitimate coaching and more talent that even Dan has seen. Nonetheless, I'm concerned.
That’s because all our past coaches were ****ing retards

Count Rugen The Princess Bride GIF by filmeditor
Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

Someone had to bring this up? Come on admit it, you couldn’t wait until we won a few games in a row so you could start this thread.
This is a forum to post about dolphins and discuss. It’s a bye week and there isn’t a whole lot going on. The concept of a trap game is not about winning multiple in a row and then losing one. It’s about taking a team lightly and not being fully focused. It’s nothing new and happens all the time in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom