Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

A little side track here, but let's say we're sitting there with the #1 pick received from Houston. What could we theoretically trade that for? I've gotta figure someone would offer at minimum 4 1st round picks for Lawrence...

Honestly, I would think long and hard about that with T.Lawrence sitting there for the taking. At some point, I hope, we see Tua in action. If there is any doubt that he's not the future you draft Lawrence in a heartbeat and figure out the rest later.

But if Tua is the franchise pick then you open up the bidding war for that pick. I'm going to guess something like 3 1's and a 2nd, and a 4th isn't out of the realm of possibility.

All wishful thinking...Houston has played hard and lost some close gamed..They're a 4-6 win team when the seasons over which would put that pick right between 5-13th.

Sadly, The Jets are destined for that #1 overall pick. There's not a worst team in the league right now.

Honestly, I would think long and hard about that with T.Lawrence sitting there for the taking. At some point, I hope, we see Tua in action. If there is any doubt that he's not the future you draft Lawrence in a heartbeat and figure out the rest later.

But if Tua is the franchise pick then you open up the bidding war for that pick. I'm going to guess something like 3 1's and a 2nd, and a 4th isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Washington gave up 3 1sts and a 2 to move up for RG3. That's my baseline so Lawrence is worth far more than that based on numerous factors.

I'd also think about taking Lawrence too because even if Tua turns out who you expect him to be and Lawrence looks absolutely fantastic in preseason or maybe inserted into a game or two due to injury, you could trade the "lesser" of the 2 QBs for by far the biggest treasure trove in NFL history because while Lawrence would be expensive as a projection, the price shoots up when he's proven.

They can always have there 2nd round pick back for 2022 1st round.
I dunno, if it's the first or second pick in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't expect them to suck that bad again.

This is absolutely the year we need them to suck as hard as they can.

All wishful thinking...Houston has played hard and lost some close gamed..They're a 4-6 win team when the seasons over which would put that pick right between 5-13th.

Sadly, The Jets are destined for that #1 overall pick. There's not a worst team in the league right now.
Nice post brother. If we happen to be up there at number one, when Tua gets in and shows his stuff, I believe I would make a trade and get some much need play makers on Defense, WR, RB, and LB and much needed depth.

Does it matter if Grier cant draft any better than the last 2 years. An awful CB over Edwards- Helaire when RB is a glaring weakness. A project OT instead of CeeDee Lamb. Last year a DT at #13 who has shown average talent.

Unreal, I keep on forgetting we have the 2nd round pick as well...

Say what you will about Grier that was a steal..

It was the mother of all trades.

People like me (draft nuts) have been so excited from the second we made that move. The 2021 draft is going to be soooooooooooooo much fun. Much less pressure than this past draft where we needed to get one specific player.

Now we don't need one specific player, we need talented players at a few different spots. These draft picks and Houston's subsequent demise are the reason I watch my team lose a tough game against a quality opponent like Seattle and can continue to smile and talk sheet about future.

These fire Flores posts have me laughing my arse off. We aren't even close to getting this thing going yet.

I don't expect Houston to end up with the worst record or 2nd worst record in the league, just not going to happen with Watson on the field. It does appear they are heading towards a 1-6 start with the Packers and Titans on the schedule immediately following this must-win Jaguars game. If they lose to Jacksonville, O'Brien is out of a job on Sunday night.

I'm holding out hope on a pick in the 4-6 range from Houston. With tie-breakers, who knows what happens. We could see a log jam of teams with 3-5 wins this year and someone is picking third with 3 wins and someone else is picking 12th with 5 wins.

If Houston loses a guy like Will Fuller, they will be lucky to get to 5 wins. If they lose Watson, they won't win a game. I'm not rooting for injuries though, it's not right, especially with a dude like Watson who is pretty likeable. I feel bad for him, he's in a HORRIBLE situation. The Texans can't even afford to lose Kenny Stills for a week at this point.

What's especially dangerous for the Texans organization is if their players just give up. Watson's a baller and will give the Jaguars everything he's got. Some of the other guys on that roster are already thinking about the off-season and/or their new team.

I'd rather be a Jets fan right now than a Texans fan......

Nice post brother. If we happen to be up there at number one, when Tua gets in and shows his stuff, I believe I would make a trade and get some much need play makers on Defense, WR, RB, and LB and much needed depth.

I know some in the fanbase are down on this team right now. But I see a team that, respectfully, played tough against 3 playoff teams and two Bills/Seattle that may very well end up in the Superbowl.

You can't and shouldn't ignore those types of things.

If Tua is anywhere near as good as we think and provides more throwing options than Fitz then look out.

As you mentioned surrounding him with a little more skill talent on offense and a few more pieces on defense(LB, Edge) will take this team to the next level. I'm not speaking crazy either....Consider the following...

Why are teams like Cleveland? TB? NO? Bills? Seattle, LA? etc...winning? Those teams everyweek are getting lit up for almost 30+ points. So clearly it's not because they have stellar defenses.

The reason they're winning is because they have spectacular offenses with exceptional Qb talent that's able to get them just one more play than the other team. God bless Fitz. But he's out of his depht in this high scoring big play down the field NFL.

Because we don't have tjhat in our QB arsenal our defensive deficiencies become magnified.

We're expected to hold Seattle to under 20 points while we FG them to death....lol!

Does it matter if Grier cant draft any better than the last 2 years. An awful CB over Edwards- Helaire when RB is a glaring weakness. A project OT instead of CeeDee Lamb. Last year a DT at #13 who has shown average talent.

CEH wouldn't of done that much better than Gaskin is doing. Gaskin is doing really really well.

We drafted Jackson at 18. Lamb went 17th.

Don't let facts get in the way for a good Grier rant though. Carry on.

If the bottom falls out there and we end up with the first pick, it's possible Laremy Tunsil nets us a total of 4-5 First Round Picks in addition to the 2nd rounders we've acquired from Houston.

jets need to fire Gase soon then if not then Jets will for sure have #1 overall

jets need to fire Gase soon then if not then Jets will for sure have #1 overall
Yeah, really don't want Lawrence in this division, but at least the Jets finished last year 6-2 so there's hope they string some wins together eventually.

CEH wouldn't of done that much better than Gaskin is doing. Gaskin is doing really really well.

You;d think that's an obvious conclusion with the opposing defense having to triple team T.Hill, Double Kelcey and worry about Mahommes. Teams aren't playing in the box with those skillset positions that can score in a flash.

But we like to do these weird comparisons here...

Back
Top Bottom