Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

They could have easily traded a 4th round pick to Atlanta to jump ahead of Dallas. Fans everywhere were calling to do this. How clueless can some posters be not to remember that. Austin Jackson was a late 1st/ 2nd round pick by 90% of draft experts.

Could've, but didn't. If anything Dallas should've drafted Jackson.

We are going to trade both of our starting rookie OL because you only watch college football on youtube highlights?

WR's are a dime a dozen, they don't make much difference when your QB can play.

The NFL draft is full of teams who took WR's in the first round, mostly by GM's and Coaches no longer in that same position.

Do yourself a favor and rattle off a list of the best WR's in the NFL the past 15 years, then shorten that list to include only WR's with superbowl rings. Then tell me why I should listen to "fans everywhere".

The fun part about this year is seeing the Texan fans, imploding over Bill O' Brien. That team was loaded at one point and had a very experienced coach in Romeo Crennel leading the defense.

Most fans aren't realizing "YET", how much Crennel is being missed. The defense just isn't the same without him.

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Houston will be in the mix for a top 5 pick or worse.

And if Houston does gift wrap, Miami the #1 overall pick in 2021. Well that pick will set the franchise up for the foreseeable future. Whether they keep or trade it.

Another aspect to this scenario, is Houston's 2nd round pick. If it's #33, that pick, usually nets a 1st rounder in the following draft from teams in the bottom half of the 2nd round. Just food for thought.

Last edited:
They could have easily traded a 4th round pick to Atlanta to jump ahead of Dallas. Fans everywhere were calling to do this. How clueless can some posters be not to remember that. Austin Jackson was a late 1st/ 2nd round pick by 90% of draft experts.
Aww poor baby!!
King Solomon graded better than every rookie lineman this week where did the experts have him rated? Moving your goal post mid argument is amazing though. Great job mam

I have to think Houston will win a few with DW at the helm, he's just to good(mild case of COVID might help our cause though)

Does it matter if Grier cant draft any better than the last 2 years. An awful CB over Edwards- Helaire when RB is a glaring weakness. A project OT instead of CeeDee Lamb. Last year a DT at #13 who has shown average talent.
Don't do this...

There look to be quite a few bad teams this year so I can't see Miami or Houston being THAT high.

The two NY/NJ teams are clearly worse, as is Wash, Cincy, JAX and Hotlanta.

That is 6 teams likely to be worse than Miami or Houston.

I would be happy with both picks being in the top dozen.

They will have ammo to trade up or load up.

They better not waste those picks to trade up. The outstanding LB prospect Parsons is the only one worth trading for. No team is that stupid to give him up and he's going top 5.

So Miami will be in great position to get one of those top recieving talent..Ala Waddle or Smith..Chase will be gone.

we are not getting that first pick, Houston will end up at 7 and 9 or something like that.

7-9 will be tough with Tennessee on the schedule twice, also Jags and Indy twice, obviously. Best case is 3-3 there?

New England, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Cincy and Cleveland round out their opponent list. 4-2 there? 3-3 if they are lucky I'd say.

Gun to my head I'm saying they will go 5-11 and end up with about the 6th pick.

Here's the thing that's also very important to pay attention too, the strength of schedule and tie breaker scenarios. It's really going to help us out if Houston is in a weaker division, which they are. By week 7 or 8 I really like to start keeping track of the SOS.

Does it matter if Grier cant draft any better than the last 2 years. An awful CB over Edwards- Helaire when RB is a glaring weakness. A project OT instead of CeeDee Lamb. Last year a DT at #13 who has shown average talent.

The OL wasn't an even bigger glearing weakness or the secondary?
You think CEW would be doing just as well behind a team with a worst OL than KC and one that didn't have all those dangerous weapons that scares the crap out of KC oppenents?

Honestly, where's the logic in what you've written here?

Back
Top Bottom