Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

Can see Washington being in the mix for that #1 pick too. Could they offer chase young and their first round pick?

Now that would solve an issue on the DL.

Possibly, but they've played some tough games. IMO, It's the Jets followed by Giants and it's not close.

I know some in the fanbase are down on this team right now. But I see a team that, respectfully, played tough against 3 playoff teams and two Bills/Seattle that may very well end up in the Superbowl.

You can't and shouldn't ignore those types of things.

If Tua is anywhere near as good as we think and provides more throwing options than Fitz then look out.

As you mentioned surrounding him with a little more skill talent on offense and a few more pieces on defense(LB, Edge) will take this team to the next level. I'm not speaking crazy either....Consider the following...

Why are teams like Cleveland? TB? NO? Bills? Seattle, LA? etc...winning? Those teams everyweek are getting lit up for almost 30+ points. So clearly it's not because they have stellar defenses.

The reason they're winning is because they have spectacular offenses with exceptional Qb talent that's able to get them just one more play than the other team. God bless Fitz. But he's out of his depht in this high scoring big play down the field NFL.

Because we don't have tjhat in our QB arsenal our defensive deficiencies become magnified.

We're expected to hold Seattle to under 20 points while we FG them to death....lol!

Anyone “down” on this team I have no time for.

I am anything but down after yet another solid performance.

I am stoked about this future. Always was, even more so now that the media darlings in Seattle and Buffalo barely survived our inexperienced bunch.

I REALLY can’t wait til next season.

We drafted Jackson at 18. Lamb went 17th.

Don't let facts get in the way for a good Grier rant though. Carry on.
They could have easily traded a 4th round pick to Atlanta to jump ahead of Dallas. Fans everywhere were calling to do this. How clueless can some posters be not to remember that. Austin Jackson was a late 1st/ 2nd round pick by 90% of draft experts.

There look to be quite a few bad teams this year so I can't see Miami or Houston being THAT high.

The two NY/NJ teams are clearly worse, as is Wash, Cincy, JAX and Hotlanta.

That is 6 teams likely to be worse than Miami or Houston.

I would be happy with both picks being in the top dozen.

They will have ammo to trade up or load up.

They could have easily traded a 4th round pick to Atlanta to jump ahead of Dallas. Fans everywhere were calling to do this. How clueless can some posters be not to remember that. Austin Jackson was a late 1st/ 2nd round pick by 90% of draft experts.
Rather have a left tackle who is playing well than a receiver~

CEH wouldn't of done that much better than Gaskin is doing. Gaskin is doing really really well.
Between the tackles and up to the second level Gaskin is doing great. But I'll bet you CEH would've broken 2-3 of those runs for 20+ yarders by now...no way his season long would be 15 at this point.

I can only dream. But....If for some reason we do get the number 1 overall pick...,We have to trade it. It would be worth at least 3 1’s and a 2.

Oh we would absolutely trade it, unless you know who plays and stunk up the joint, which I just don't see as being possible.

CEH wouldn't of done that much better than Gaskin is doing. Gaskin is doing really really well.

Agreed, and I was a big CEH fan all season last year. At no point this season have I thought we'd be better off with his 4.4 YPC and 1 TD.

It's a horrendous statement on the part of an inexperienced poster.

I wouldn't take CEH in the 2021 draft with Houston's 2nd rounder so that poster can go pound sand.

Some of us follow this stuff 365 days a year, the rest of them come on here at 2:00 p.m. on a sunday to post in the game day thread and disappear.

Would most likely be Jacksonville. Hard to see them giving up both firsts and both seconds though? So maybe their own first, both seconds and their first in 2022?

Can see Washington being in the mix for that #1 pick too. Could they offer chase young and their first round pick?

Now that would solve an issue on the DL.

That would be a conversation worth having.

I love the options that are presenting themselves right now but when all is said and done, Houston will have a couple wins and that pick might be 6th, 7th. I'd be shocked if they didn't sweep the Jags, very unlikely that Indy beats Houston twice with that offense they Colts have, the defense is stellar so you never know.

As far as I'm concerned, Houston's 1-4 already. Chalk it up as a W and we can only be pleasantly surprised by any other outcome.

It's fun to dream about getting the No.1 pick and trading it for someone willing to give up a ransom for Lawrence but that's just so unlikely. What's more probable is that we trade the pick to someone looking at Justin Fields, who could turn out to be a better pro than Lawrence.

Personally, I'm not sold on Lawrence being the sure fire No.1 pick in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom