Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

We are due for some luck this year with Houston’s pick after last year and Pittsburg.

Pittsburg was absolutely garbage but managed to win a couple games they had no business winning.

Gimme a top 5 pick and I’ll take Parsons, Chase or Sewell.
They (Pitt) might not of won some of those games if one of their DBs wasn’t busy racking up 9 lucky turnovers and 3 TDs...

I understand he has been returning kicks for them but this is on the Coach and here’s why:
The kid good have opted out altogether.
He’s not a KR at next level.
He’s a top 20 pick regardless
Your team doesn’t need him to return kicks as a JR eligible.

yeah he was a top 15 pick put another 5 star back there.

this is why I don’t like putting guys you are depending on to carry you on specials.

perfect example although with waddle he’s gonna be asked to do a lot of different things. I just don’t think he can make a full time living on the boundary. Or at least I don’t think he’s gonna be asked to

We are due for some luck this year with Houston’s pick after last year and Pittsburg.

Pittsburg was absolutely garbage but managed to win a couple games they had no business winning.

Gimme a top 5 pick and I’ll take Parsons, Chase or Sewell.
3 of my favorites! Get one of these guys and I will jump for joy like with Tua last year

They aren’t gonna move Jackson they gonna bet on development into a top 10 left tackle in time there nor should they move him so only way I see Sewell is if he was to kick over to the right side.

If I’m miami I’m moving up for parsons. If I got the qb and oline figured out and let’s say I finish outside the top 5 with the Texans pick (which will be higher than ours you can book that) I’m going to get the guy to carry my defense for the next decade parsons. This is why you have ammo to go get guys

They aren’t gonna move Jackson they gonna bet on development into a top 10 left tackle in time there nor should they move him so only way I see Sewell is if he was to kick over to the right side.

If I’m miami I’m moving up for parsons. If I got the qb and oline figured out and let’s say I finish outside the top 5 with the Texans pick (which will be higher than ours you can book that) I’m going to get the guy to carry my defense for the next decade parsons. This is why you have ammo to go get guys
I'm never a fan of burning additional R1s but the case for Parsons is strong.

Of course all this speculation depends on the picks we have -- of course Texans prime consideration.

Then there's a part of me who looks at the 2 R1 and 2 R2 and see's 4 potential impact players!

We need to be a bit lucky like with Tua and certainly manage our resources with max value in mind.

One thing we did last year was "tip our hand" in every direction possible to daze and confuse!

Definitely need an upgrade on Elandon Roberts.

we do but the staff is doing a better job of limiting the off ball lb exposure and playing to a rotation there.

in years past that thing would have been an eye sore for 16 games. And it’s just not the case right now

but and I will stress this we haven’t faced much quality qb play yet either. And those guys expose weakness more than anything else

I think there is a very real chance that Parsons falls further than he is currently being mocked.

As a general rule, Inside Linebackers tend to get talked up prior to the draft, then slide. The premium positions are QB, Edge, CB, and OT go first. We've all seen and even used that argument, and yet... every year there is a linebacker or two that gets talked up... but most years, they slide.

Look at last year. "Simmons is a star. Simmons is a stud. WHAT A PLAYMAKER," they screamed. He went 8th. The next possible ILB type, Kenneth Murray went 23rd (and is playing outside in a 4-3 anyway). Chaisson went at 20, but is a pure Edge.

Now, I will admit, sometimes an ILB will rise a bit (2019), but most years... they just don't.

Will Parsons break that glass ceiling? Well... there are three QBs thought to be going early... and Sewell... and we have not even mentioned any other Tackles or Edges yet... and no CBs at all...

I think he'll slide a bit, especially given the real needs of the truly awful one win teams this year. Taking an inside destroyer is a bit of a luxury for teams trying to obtain a QB (or protect them... I'm looking at you Cincinnati). The Giants might do it, but they really need help for their QB as well. So... how far does he slide?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide as far as Simmons did... maybe a bit more, which would bring him to the approximate range of the Houston pick.

Last year, I argued with a dozen posters that (sigh) we didn't have to trade up for Tua. No, I'd say... he isn't worth all three of our draft picks. Hold your water... don't wet yourself... play poker. Fortunately, Grier agreed... This year, I think we might play the same game with Parsons.

yeah he was a top 15 pick put another 5 star back there.

this is why I don’t like putting guys you are depending on to carry you on specials.

perfect example although with waddle he’s gonna be asked to do a lot of different things. I just don’t think he can make a full time living on the boundary. Or at least I don’t think he’s gonna be asked to
I don't either. His game just screams, "SLOT". Now, there will be plays where he is on the flank, but I think that at his height, he'll do his best work inside.

I do quite like a couple of the linebacker options in round 2. Specifically Jabril Cox out of LSU and Chazz Surratt out of North Carolina

Back
Top Bottom