Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3) | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone deserved more power it was Dawn. Also she was one of the most respected in the organization. The only reason we lost her is she is running Ross's full portfolio now.
Actually, I think Ross moved her out because she got caught in the center of the power struggle. She backed Philbin, and he lost. When the victors won they insisted she be gone. Now those victors are all gone … except for Grier.

Yep, the kid sometimes looks like a Rockstar, and other time's looks like a roadie. That's his challenge this season, be more consistent and consistently accurate. Clean up his footwork. Make good decisions. If he can get it together for the last 3+ games of his college career, don't be surprised if he's the #1 overall pick, because that upside is definitely the highest of the 2020 QB's. The probability that he becomes the best QB is an entirely different story.

I'm no wannbe evaluator but the kid is NO Marino. Not even an Elway.

More like a watered down Bledsoe.

If they were planning on a full on rebuild then why didn't they trade Xavien Howard as well?

Actually, I think Ross moved her out because she got caught in the center of the power struggle. She backed Philbin, and he lost. When the victors won they insisted she be gone. Now those victors are all gone … except for Grier.
Dawn and Ross are practically married. She runs almost everything. Ross has more faith in dawn than anyone else in his org. I'm still holding hope he moves her back.

The smart guy is always behind the scenes...

I'm no wannbe evaluator but the kid is NO Marino. Not even an Elway.

More like a watered down Bledsoe.
Hell, he might be an Akili Smith … but let's not pass final judgement after one game.

The guy has some fantastic tape, and some horrible tape. We saw one game more of the hot mess. The question is how many more games of the fantastic stuff does he make this year? The NFL always overdrafts potential and overpays potential. It's the reason the Dolphins OL were always so awesome … yet failed to produce. I'm on record as being a Fromm guy. I think Jake Fromm fits our offense perfectly, and would be the best fit for us. But, I'll be happy with Fromm, Tua or Herbert. Until then, let's hope Rosen breaks through and proves we already have our QB of the future. If he can't unseat Fitzmagic, we're gonna draft one of those other 3 guys in 2020.

If anyone deserved more power it was Dawn. Also she was one of the most respected in the organization. The only reason we lost her is she is running Ross's full portfolio now.
I thought she went to work for the NFL when she left the Dolphins. She might be with Ross now, but that's not why she left or where she went when she left.

Reasons Why the trade is good and possibly bad. Lets start with the good.
1. Great value for the players traded based on draft pick values and money saved.
2. Tunsil and Stills both get nicked up and either miss games or disappear.
3. This year imo is not about players and their ability but about the coaches ability to aquire and develop talent.
4. When a team is purged of veterans like ours this year its a clear message the staff is in charge not the players which is good.
5. Distractions removed. I respect a guy taking a stand that being said whole is greater than the parts in the end.
Bad
1. Valuing future picks over proven NFL players is a dangerous game. As prev mentioned regardless of the value we recieved unless we pick the right guys we gain nothing.
2. The real trade value here is over rated. We traded a fairly high in the first round pick Tunsil and I belive a 4th pick we used on Stills for possibly 2 future late 1st rounders a second rounder plus gave our 4th and 6th in future drafts. So we gain basically a extra 1st rounder plus 2 scrubs in this trade if the Texans end up being a plsyoff team.
3. My pet peeve for tanking excuse! This move along with others this year can appear to justify allowing this coaching staff and GM to hang around a extra year longer than they should because they have a built in excuse of having a lack of talent.
4. The Rosen trade. As many posters have pointed out how can we realistically evaluate Rosen if he is playng behind a turnstile offensive line. This move makes Rosen more of a wasted pick.
5. Lack of leadership of the players left on rhis team. Who is left in the locker room for other players to follow. Jones and Kiko are dead men walking. Fitz is a short timer and Rosen looks to be either long term to be either future trade bait or backup material. Yuk.

Woah, woah, woah. We're either giving Grier credit for past drafts when everyone says this last draft was his first, or we're not giving him credit for past drafts. It's one or the other, you don't get to pick and chose only good players for his benefit without throwing in the bad players like McMillan, Gesicki, Charles Harris, Leonte Carroo, and Cordrea Tankersley.

You're not going to hit on everyone, and the book is still out on Gesicki and MacMillan. What I'm getting at is that the FO is basically competent at drafting. There's always going to be that element of luck, but they aren't going to galaxy brain things.

EXTREMELY reductionist logic that shows zero understanding of Pareto optimization. Whether Rosen is the franchise or not (currently unknown), the optimization principal would allow strategic actors to make an optimal decision (in this case huge compensation for a decent WR and a pretty good LT), still with the Pareto parameters of it possibly detracting from a previous choice or belief (in this case whether Rosen is the goods or not). In fact, strategic actors in business, wartime environs, and even courtrooms often can make decisions or choices where they believe garners more potential advantage even to the detriment of other highly valued decision calculus. While no one on this board is skilled enough to evaluate a QB at the NFL level or they would not be a message board pirate, we can apply Pareto logic and should all be intelligent enough to understand the basics of applying Pareto distributions and decision in one area can be weighed as is vice in strategic connection with outcomes we do not have data for.

I am shocked tha the simple idea of trading a good LT somehow cannot be seen through an optimization prism that may not be highly correlated to the decision prism at the Qb position. This is really basic stuff from a betting, econometric analysis, and even algorithmic roster building (aka what commoners call money ball). Lets try to do better and apply more nuanced rigor then falling into the simpleton trap of "oh they trade LT must not like QB."

Spek Engrish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom