Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3) | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawrence isn't coming out this year. He's a true sophomore. Fromm looked bad, Herbert looked bad, Jordan Love looked bad...only Tua looked good but they played weak competition.
Herbert played like trash, his stats don't tell the whole story, I said he had accuracy issues last year.Jordan Love threw 3 picks but he had a lot of plays where he threw dimes to wr so I can understand the hype on him a little, Herbert was throwing to dirt smh. Jacob Eason looked good.

Herbert played like trash, his stats don't tell the whole story, I said he had accuracy issues last year.Jordan Love threw 3 picks but he had a lot of plays where he threw dimes to wr so I can understand the hype on him a little, Herbert was throwing to dirt smh. Jacob Eason looked good.

I personally only saw the first half of Tua’s game I thought all his throws easy WR’s wide open

After sleeping on this and having time to get over losing not just two very good football players but two great guys I think this was an awesome trade for the Dolphins. Everybody knows the 2019 season is a write off we probably have the worst roster in the NFL but that doesn't mean we're going to suck beyond that. Next year we're going to have over 100 mil in cap space and a lot of picks over the next two years. If the FO is smart they can build a dynasty with those tools.

Some people acting like a LT was taking us over the top this year.

Posters acting like a child who had his candy stolen and balling their eyes out not realizing Mummy's trying to give you three more.

This was a great value trade.

Nah I like have said the whole time. The Rosen deal was window washing the tank narrative. We have wanted to tank the whole time the Rosen deal just bought us some time.

The Rosen grade was basically a " look we traded for a QB. We are trying" but the whole context of the trade made no sense.
I never felt those two things were mutually exclusive. No talking head felt that wasn't a good trade on our part. I liked that trade then, now and if we draft a qb in 2020 and/or 2021 I'll still like that trade.

this is absolutely about tanking for Tua. We have the worst team in the NFL and will have the worst record. We ensured that with this trade. We will get Tua. Which means we traded the first pick in the 2nd round for Rosen. Somehow, someway, I fully expect Grier and company to screw this up. Rosen will obviously be moved and there's a good chance he's better than anyone Grier drafts.
Um, we traded 2019's 62nd pick for Rosen. We keep our 2nd this year......and we also have NO's 2nd this year. Rosen won't be moved, he'll play once he fully understands the playbook so he can make quicker decisions and they can figure out a way to protect him. If Rosen falters, then maybe they'll look for a QB. The point remains, it's about building a sustainable program as quickly as possible.

As many others have mentioned, we were going to be a garbage team this year anyways as we clean up our cap situation. 4 picks in the first two rounds and 11 or 12 in total and $140 M in cap space has us well positioned for next season and moving forward.

This trade is too early to be evaluated and it only works if we nail the draft picks. Now we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but I just hope management was upfront with the players letting them know they’re heading in a different direction and didn’t find this out through the media.

I've said before this is the decision on Rosen. He's not the answer. So good for miami. Dont waste time. Flores is going to raine in FL!! I'm all in.

What the hell are you talking about? How could you possibly know that from what he flashed in the preseason? Give him some time for Christ’s sake.

I wonder which players are going to revolt now that Tunsil has been traded. I’d like to know which players said that. They’re probably next out the door.

This trade is too early to be evaluated and it only works if we nail the draft picks. Now we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but I just hope management was upfront with the players letting them know they’re heading in a different direction and didn’t find this out through the media.

I mean if the players didn't see the offensive line (even with Laremy) and lack of pass rushers and was under the assumption this was a playoff team . . . I dont need players with such poor awareness on my team. I am being serious.

And again the trade is not dependent on the results to be a good one. This was a great trade . . . Messing up the picks wont change that. Chris Grier showed he can handle himself at the table . . . Now he has gotta get his evaluation/scout teams ready to do the same during the college football seaaon.

This team has so many needs that we shouldn't have to reach for anyone, BPA.

It was a great trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom