Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3) | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell are you talking about? How could you possibly know that from what he flashed in the preseason? Give him some time for Christ’s sake.

I find it odd that people can't accept that he progressed to the point where he could easily be starting for the team after looking very lost early in the pre-season. New system again, new verbiage again, new teammates again. The only thing that remained consistent was having a mess for an O-line.

I liked what I saw from Rosen, he has an ability to extend plays an make throws. He still makes some bad decisions but he's learning. I REALLY like the fact that they're grooming him instead of throwing him to the wolves. Barring injury, play him when he's ready.

There's a good chance the Texans picks are 20th or lower, and i'm fine with that. There's plenty of great talent to be found there wether it be OL, LB, TE, WR, CB. The current roster is as thin as paper so I really don't see a need to prioritize ANY of our picks this year unless Rosen shows us nothing. Aside from having a few young talents there are holes to be filled everywhere. It sucks losing Tunsil, it really does. Stills we were going to lose regardless within a year or two. We acquired 3 picks to fill holes, hitting on two of them is a win.

On the flipside, the Texans are now without Clowney who despite his shortcomings is a very good player. I think if either JJ Watt, Watson or even Tunsil misses time they could easily be a sub .500 team. The rest of their o-line is still mediocre, secondary average at best and their front 4 on D took a big hit. They also play in a division that even without Luck is pretty strong.

I find it odd that people can't accept that he progressed to the point where he could easily be starting for the team after looking very lost early in the pre-season. New system again, new verbiage again, new teammates again. The only thing that remained consistent was having a mess for an O-line.

I liked what I saw from Rosen, he has an ability to extend plays an make throws. He still makes some bad decisions but he's learning. I REALLY like the fact that they're grooming him instead of throwing him to the wolves. Barring injury, play him when he's ready.

100% agree. People writing Rosen off are not paying attention. This staff is putting in the necessary development time for Rosen since he has proven that he can be coached up. If he continues to improve like he did in preseason, he could STILL be the franchise QB.

regardless of his individual talent, the line still sucked with tunsil at LT...and kenny stills is just an avg player, not great, not terrible...

i think we got a good deal, this rebuild is long overdue.

Too many years of players left over from previous regimes who were given bad contracts and didnt fit with new coaches schemes. A teardown and rebuild is just what has to happen in order for this team to move in the right direction.

There's a good chance the Texans picks are 20th or lower, and i'm fine with that. There's plenty of great talent to be found there wether it be OL, LB, TE, WR, CB. The current roster is as thin as paper so I really don't see a need to prioritize ANY of our picks this year unless Rosen shows us nothing. Aside from having a few young talents there are holes to be filled everywhere. It sucks losing Tunsil, it really does. Stills we were going to lose regardless within a year or two. We acquired 3 picks to fill holes, hitting on two of them is a win.

On the flipside, the Texans are now without Clowney who despite his shortcomings is a very good player. I think if either JJ Watt, Watson or even Tunsil misses time they could easily be a sub .500 team. The rest of their o-line is still mediocre, secondary average at best and their front 4 on D took a big hit. They also play in a division that even without Luck is pretty strong.

Well said. Plus the Texans are "coached" by Bill O'Brien. If you are gonna gamble on one of the projected playoff teams finishing sub .500, the Texans would be towards the top of your list. And now they lack complete draft capital to make them better in 2020.

Well said. Plus the Texans are "coached" by Bill O'Brien. If you are gonna gamble on one of the projected playoff teams finishing sub .500, the Texans would be towards the top of your list. And now they lack complete draft capital to make them better in 2020.

The Texans are in good position to finish with a winning record and make the playoffs. Jacksonville is starting to fall off rapidly after the Tom Coughlin/Doug Marrone resurgence and the Colts are now in big trouble. Tennessee isn't quite a talented enough team (and I still don't have any belief in Mike Vrabel's coaching ability) for them to be penciled in as a top AFC team.

Beef O'Brady isn't a great coach from everything I've seen, but he can sneak that team into the playoffs.

ok so now who can we dump kiko and drake on for some picks

Not a bad idea.

I like to think the Front office is not just going to fold up their tents now and wait for next year. I hope posters realize the smaller trades can have a positive accumulative effect in building and maintaining a team. This is what competent Front Offices do!

Wasnt Rosen absolutely a waste now? You just traded away any chance of a decent OL. He has no chance to succeed

The Texans are in good position to finish with a winning record and make the playoffs. Jacksonville is starting to fall off rapidly after the Tom Coughlin/Doug Marrone resurgence and the Colts are now in big trouble. Tennessee isn't quite a talented enough team (and I still don't have any belief in Mike Vrabel's coaching ability) for them to be penciled in as a top AFC team.

Beef O'Brady isn't a great coach from everything I've seen, but he can sneak that team into the playoffs.

I don't think Houston is bad, but they are hardly what I'd consider a top playoff contender, and in the NFL, all it takes is an injury or two or chemistry issues on your team and a back of the playoff hunt team is suddenly 7-9 or 6-10. IMHO they look about as capable as one of our mediocre Dolphin teams that could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. It does help them that Luck retired. Those two games just got easier for them. But I think there are four teams in the AFC definitely better then them, so it's not ridiculous to think they wont make the playoffs. To say it differently, I doubt these picks end up being in the mid-20s.

ok so now who can we dump kiko and drake on for some picks

My guess is Kiko ends up with Chuckie in Oakland. If Balage, Gaskin &/or Laird look respectable the 1st few games, I think Drake will be traded as well. Maybe O'Brien will give us a 1st & a 3rd in 2021 after Carlos Hyde averages 2.1 YPC in Sept. :nah:

We need to stop judging Tunsil just based on what his draft status was and how lucky we were to get him. He's been in the league a while, let's judge him as a player. He has been good, not great, and while it's obvious our line is worse without him, he's not Tony Bosseli.
Well, I'd say he's already top 5 in the league at his position. That is essentially elite. We'll have to see how it plays out. Getting that quarterback is job #1 and this sets the team up to get that #1 overall pick, or to trade up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom