Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3) | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, this might look good on paper but there has to be a limit to what you trade away. You have to have something resembling a functioning team left behind, or the damage done to and stress put on the relationship between players and coachers and FO will be so great that it may not survive no matter who is drafted next year. Both these guys were popular characters and leaders who would have helped young players develop. Having a first time GM and HC is already hard enough without the extra stress this full tank (I hated that term before, but after this week it's clear where we are) and a shitty team will put on them.

You have to wonder what else is going on here. Given the payroll situaion is the #1 aim this year to save money ahead of anything else? Had Tunsil and Stills spoken out about certain things? Had Tunsil demanded an extension this year or not at all?

Last edited:
imagine the possibility that our current OL plays at a level that does not kill our QB? If b some certain miracle they don't stink the joint up. How great of a steal will this trade be? not saying it will happen but the possibility is there...

imagine the possibility that our current OL plays at a level that does not kill our QB? If b some certain miracle they don't stink the joint up. How great of a steal will this trade be? not saying it will happen but the possibility is there...
I actually expect the line to surprise! Lol

Nope...more like one of those guys who don't like when one of you guys celebrate ineptitude for the sake of your personal feelings toward a player.

You guys are the shut up and play football guys who attack the player for political stances, but will suck off the owner for his political stance.

Actually neither. I don't care about politics because after the president got sucked off, it ruined my perception of what relations are.

Just to clarify, why did you politicize an analogy focusing on patience and long term goals of the team through trading Tunsil and Stills for draft picks?

Ahhhhh.....you're one of THOSE guys.

Mods, please......give this guy a small token of our appreciation for trying to turn a football thread into a political thread.

It's not like we traded Tunsil to the Bengals, we traded him to a playoff team, those 1st rd picks will probably be in the 17th to 26th range.

After seeing Jacksonville's defense, I'd say Jax is the division favorite. As we saw here in Miami, Tunsil alone can't block for the rest of the O line in Houston. Watson got murdered last year. And 2/3 of the Saks came from up the gut or the weak side.

Houston will not make the playoffs this year....

Tunsil didn't choose to go to Houston. Houston chose to offer the farm for him, and Miami took the tractor, the barn, the fields, AND the ugly wife.

Fleeced without lube.

Houston became a 6 win team this year, in 4 hours.

Miami became a solid playoff contender in 2021, in five minutes.

None of the negative a-holes on here know what to do because this FO is doing it right for a change.

Ahhhhh! Panic! The Fins did good! The Fins did good! We can't have THAT!

S
M
H

That makes sense. Herbert looks like a bust...looked like hot garbage today. Actually threw a hail mary to try and win the game out of the end zone today lol...classic.

Herbert made a ton of great throws while I was watching. The way he fit the ball into tight windows is something I rarely see at the college level. Yeah that last hail mary sucked but that is a completely different type of throw than any other throw a QB will make as they have to try and arc it like crazy while still getting power behind it. Clearly he overpowered it trying to make for a good jump ball.

It's entertaining to read all of the people crying about Tunsil. He wasn't THAT good. He was just better than the mustard farts on the rest of the line over the past two years.

I will be watching Jacksonville v Houston though. Wanna see Josh Allen blitzing v Tunsil. I recall Miles Jack slithering past LT a few times....Even if LT hold his own against a four man rush, he can't pick up the extra three LBs destroying the right side.

Watson won't last to week 8

One of the best moves that the Dolphins have made in over decade, in my opinion. That draft haul is quite impressive, and I'll be the first to admit it, that I didn't think Chris Grier was capable of pulling off something like this!

If I was Grier, next year would be all about: building the offensive line (the major priority), adding a rush DE or two, possibly getting a number one alpha receiver, and a good, young cornerback. Then in 2021, I throw ALL my cards on the table and move heaven and earth to acquire Trevor Lawrence.

Why? You give Josh Rosen another year of audition with a much better supporting cast (especially at OL), possibly better weapons, and I believe this defense will shine in year two with a couple of integral pieces added (notably, pass rushers). That seems like an intelligent and manageable roadmap that is doable, but I also do understand having some flexibility.

Now, don't get me wrong, I also like Tua. Like others have said, there's a possibility he might not even come out next year - I remember reading that graduating and getting his degree is very high on list for both him and his parents. I'd just prefer to put some fresh, young hogs into place before putting the agreed upon franchise quarterback under center when the shots fly.

All in all, it's a tremendous trade for us.

this right here. It was about time we did it the right way. No big splash in free agency but instead getting rid of older players and getting as many picks as possible. Now we have tons of picks and tons of money. I'll be watching this year to see how the young players do even as we lose games. It's all about the future.

I'll add to that: this year, and possibly next, we will find out if our staff can coach and scheme, and which of our young players have the determination and heart to play well through real adversity.

They'll have approx 150M in cap money next winter. That will buy a hog or 2 if they decide to use their draft picks elsewhere & they won't have to spend 100M+ on 1 of them like Tunsil will end up costing Houston.

After seeing Jacksonville's defense, I'd say Jax is the division favorite. As we saw here in Miami, Tunsil alone can't block for the rest of the O line in Houston. Watson got murdered last year. And 2/3 of the Saks came from up the gut or the weak side.

Houston will not make the playoffs this year....

Tunsil didn't choose to go to Houston. Houston chose to offer the farm for him, and Miami took the tractor, the barn, the fields, AND the ugly wife.

Fleeced without lube.

Houston became a 6 win team this year, in 4 hours.

Miami became a solid playoff contender in 2021, in five minutes.

None of the negative a-holes on here know what to do because this FO is doing it right for a change.

Ahhhhh! Panic! The Fins did good! The Fins did good! We can't have THAT!

S
M
H

These types of trades never help the buying team...remember Minnesota? The Philly "Dream Team?" I hope Houston is an absolute train-wreck this year and finishes last in the league (tough get, I know, but wouldn't that be hilarious?).

Yea I called this in the other thread and people dismissed it.

Full tank is on

i made a reply a couple days back saying even if clowney doesnt happen, it feels the team may have something else in the works. Waaay to much smoke for there not to be fire, to many healthy players on the sideline with no explanation, namely tunsil and stills.

Good trade. This is what you have to do to rebuild a team. 2 #1's, 2 nunber # 2's, couple young players. Were on our way. We own the 2020 draft and maybe 2021 as well. Now all we need is for Trevor Lawrence to declare for this coming draft and we land what could be the next dominate qb in the nfl.

I know many are mad, but you wont be for long. I am now OFFICIALLY impressed with this staff. Our future is FINALLY bright!!

They'll have approx 150M in cap money next winter. That will buy a hog or 2 if they decide to use their draft picks elsewhere & they won't have to spend 100M+ on 1 of them like Tunsil will end up costing Houston.

The whole idea is to build through the draft, and get cheap players (rooks) on a cheap 4 year contract (possibly 5th if it's a first round selection). It's also building continuity on the OL in having them grow together, right from jumpstreet from the ground up.

Harder to do that when you just drop cash on a big ugly, and automatically pencil them in. Not to mention our abysmal track record in that regard. I'm not against it per se, but I'd much rather we have the building blocks in place beforehand.

I think that Miami's biggest problem on the OL front has been just plain bad luck (injuries), overpaying for bad FA linemen, poor scouting and identifying talent, and then the combination of all those destroying any kind of continuity that you had hoped to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom