texas vs bama tonight | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

texas vs bama tonight

In Bill's 3-4 and ever 3-4 the the Weakside OLB also plays has to play Strongside from time to time.

SO saying this OLB is only this or that, really doesn't matter............and it really doesn't matter when we will be looking for both in FA and the draft.

please explain that further??? i realize that porter will change sides as a pass rusher mainly to get a rush vs the lower pass pro tackle but vs the run on obvious run downs you're telling me that porter lines up on the strong side sometimes???

McElroy may have decent looking stats, but he really isn't a good QB. JP Wilson had the ability to make plays in different ways. McElroy benefitted from a down year in the SEC defenses.

Also, Julio Jones is a physically great WR, but he's disappeared WAY too much this season.

oh and True Sophomore safety Blake Giddeon is a decent looking player, but he's got stiff hips. Noticed that on Ingram's run

Wrong....JPW would've had 2 sacks and 3 interceptions tonight instead of taking the 5 sacks like McElroy did....

His own teammates didn't even like him.....

I watched JPW in high school at Hoover.....and everyone close to the program was expecting big things from him...he may have left with all the school passing records...but he's not the quarterback McElroy is and not nearly the pro prospect..

Julio Jones is learning new positions this year....last year he was only a Z....he's learning the X, Z, etc.....

If you were to say that Julio disappeared WAY too much this year to Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson....they'd laugh in your face....he's the best blocking WR in college football...

There's so much wrong in this thread I don't even know where to start..

Saban is a stinking low life, but he makes putting together a high-profile college program look easy.

Ingram = wow. He's going to be a great pro when his time comes.

McClain seems to have just enough athleticism to impact the a college game. His excellent instincts and preperation (aided by Saban no doubt) elevates his level of play. A good combine and/or pro-day will really help his cause as there will be plenty of players he'll be able to get compared to. I get a Takeo Spikes, Jeremiah Trotter feeling with him.

alright i've rewatched the 1st half and just keyed cody and earl thomas

1st off cody is out of the game a ton...like every other series almost it seems...but bama has such a loaded dline with those damn bigs...cody is only a 2 down player...

when he was singled up which for my eyes was a lot so far he dominated his man...when he was doubled he did well at the poa...he seems to have nice feet for his size in small areas...in other words he was jumping over guys on the ground b/t the tackles to get to the ball

i saw 1 play where he literally walked the olineman into the backfield and you could see the olineman just sliding straight back absolutely nothing he could do...

he doesn't move down the los as well as dan williams he doesn't pursue as well as dan williams he comes out of the game a lot unlike dan williams...he's probably stouter at the poa than williams but i think williams has more upside...especially as a pass rusher...dan williams is more sudden

i have to admit i've been pretty impressed with what i have seen but no way no how would i consider him at #12...i likely would at #43 now though...assuming he doesn't balloon up weight wise between now and the combine and has a strong showing at the senior bowl

earl thomas looks very good to me in space in coverage...but there's one thing i see that bothers me...he's not tackling with any consistency...in other words he comes high a couple plays i watched and when he tried to wrap up he just fell off...needs more strength and pop imo...he's not a hitter...i can see that...he's willing but just doesn't pack enough punch

one play early he tried to give the rb richardson a huge shot up high not even worrying about trying to tackle him just deliver a blow and see if richardson will go down...lol...well he just fell off richardson like a gnat...now saying that richardson is a freaking beast but i saw that on a few plays...when he goes low and dives in the legs he's more consistent...but he comes up in the hole with bad intentions vs the run

i don't know about #12 because of the size and i can see potential tackling consistency issues in the pros

That's been raised about Earl Thomas in this particular game but if you watch his total body of work, a bunch of games of his, I don't think you'd come away thinking tackling is an issue.

That's been raised about Earl Thomas in this particular game but if you watch his total body of work, a bunch of games of his, I don't think you'd come away thinking tackling is an issue.

that's just it...i haven't seen that issue before so what do you think was the deal???

maybe it had to do with the fact that bama has 2 future stud rbs that he was having to tackle

that's just it...i haven't seen that issue before so what do you think was the deal???

maybe it had to do with the fact that bama has 2 future stud rbs that he was having to tackle

He needs to get stronger and he needs to add a few pounds....

Like I've said before...you don't want him up near the LOS mixing it up.....he's terrific at open field tackling....and he showed that on the play where he read his keys and took off like missile and shot Richardson's legs out from under him....

Listen...there's SEC linebackers that can't take Trent Richardson down without help....I've watched it over and over and over again all season...

Texas' defense has heard every single day for a month from Muschamp how physical and powerful Bama's two running backs are....and how hard they are to tackle and get on the ground.....I think eventually guys like Earl Thomas began to understand what Muschamp was talking about...

But there's also a reason why McElroy couldn't find any receivers consistently and had to take what amounts to 5 coverage sacks....and a big reason was Earl Thomas..

Im not saying he is but we dont need another softie on this team, we have sean and ginn. thats enough for me. stay away if there is any questions about tackling..

slimm...do you think thomas has the frame to carry around 200 lbs and be just as effective as he is now???

slimm...do you think thomas has the frame to carry around 200 lbs and be just as effective as he is now???

He's already carrying around 200 pounds.....just under it....he doesn't need to add that much more weight to be effective in the way that he's going to be utilized..(maybe 5 more pounds of muscle)...he just needs to get stronger...

He can either do that in the NFL....or he can go back to Texas for another season and do it there...

All this talk about Earl Thomas at #12 is way out there IMO.....I don't even think it's feasable....you're not going to see safeties drafted in the top 15 unless they are absolutely elite prospects with rare measureables....

Thomas will come off the board in the latter portion of the 1st round at the earliest and most likely come off at the top of the 2nd round IMO....

I don't blame Thomas for not getting Richardson down (there was a play he layed a nice pop on him low though).

I watched Richardson in HS here, and then at the college level, he is NOT going to be brought down on 1st contact very often.

He's already carrying around 200 pounds.....just under it....he doesn't need to add that much more weight to be effective in the way that he's going to be utilized..(maybe 5 more pounds of muscle)...he just needs to get stronger...

He can either do that in the NFL....or he can go back to Texas for another season and do it there...

All this talk about Earl Thomas at #12 is way out there IMO.....I don't even think it's feasable....you're not going to see safeties drafted in the top 15 unless they are absolutely elite prospects with rare measureables....

Thomas will come off the board in the latter portion of the 1st round at the earliest and most likely come off at the top of the 2nd round IMO....

oh ok...i thought i saw he was listed at 5 ft 10 and 190...

oh ok...i thought i saw he was listed at 5 ft 10 and 190...

I can look at him and tell he's a little heavier than 190....probably 195-197...somewhere in there....

Short of any of us putting a tape up next to him and watching him step on the scale there's no way to know...

I've seen him listed at 5'11"...I've seen him listed at 5'10.......seen him listed at 190....seen him listed at 197....I think he's closer to 197...

Either way....he's not going top 15 IMO....

We'll just have to see how he measures at the combine if he declares....

Back
Top Bottom