Texas Vs Ohio State | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texas Vs Ohio State

K-train said:
But you said worst passing in recent years. Bad passers dont throw Td's.

That's like saying great running backs don't fumble. Vince Young is a terrible passing QB with WR running ability.

As much I as would love to see Texas just beat the crap out of the Buckeyes. I just dont believe it will happen. Ohio State is just one of those teams that can play with any one in the country and usually step up and play there best ball in big games. Not to mention going into the Horse Shoe isn t the easiest thing to do.

Dont worry texas will get lucky while were down and beat OU. Then Young will be haled as the best QB in the NCAA *by all the Horn fans* even though we handed it to him 3 times in a row and he had no good games. O well it has to end sometime better it be now since we are rebuilding.

I like Texas in this game. Vince Young is a right handed Michael Vick. The guy is going to be a monster this year!

I wouldn't mind seeing Young in a Fins jersey next year. I like the "new" style of QB. The Michael Vick style QB!

Those who put such a heavy knock on Vince Young as to call him 'the worst QB in recent years' obviously don't watch college football.

Young threw as many interceptions last season as Matt Leinart. He has a more developed core offensive line this season and they'll provide better pass protection than last season.

Young has a great long ball. He has improved his accuracy paramount in the off-season -- He spent the whole off-season pre-two a days, working with quarterback coaches. All the coaching staff have said that his passing has improved enormously.

Now that is all said disregarding completely the one quality that makes him who he is -- His running ability. Scouts have said that this guy could be the greatest running talent in this draft, regardless of position. Forget the Rose Bowl -- Someone said that was his only quality game -- He rushed for over 1, 000 yards and 14 touchdowns...all whilst having Cedric run for a bunch also.

And finally, to the OU fans. Enough about the rebuilding. 'We'll lose but we're rebuilding'. 'You'll get us this time as we're rebuilding'. You guys have had a great team last season but Texas' turnover has been the second highest in the league (behind UM) over the last five years, and they've been rebuilding whilst having success. Many could say that this is just as much a rebuilding year for the Longhorns. I think maybe it's just time Texas take the reins back in the Big 12. ;)

All being said, Vince Young has the ability to pick apart the stud linebacker core of Ohio State with his legs. With a magnificent stable of rushers - 5 guys rushed for 50 + yards vs ULL, A.J. Hawk and his gang are going to have to WORK. IMO, Texas has got this.

HysterikiLL said:
Those who put such a heavy knock on Vince Young as to call him 'the worst QB in recent years' obviously don't watch college football.

Young threw as many interceptions last season as Matt Leinart. He has a more developed core offensive line this season and they'll provide better pass protection than last season.

Young has a great long ball. He has improved his accuracy paramount in the off-season -- He spent the whole off-season pre-two a days, working with quarterback coaches. All the coaching staff have said that his passing has improved enormously.

Now that is all said disregarding completely the one quality that makes him who he is -- His running ability. Scouts have said that this guy could be the greatest running talent in this draft, regardless of position. Forget the Rose Bowl -- Someone said that was his only quality game -- He rushed for over 1, 000 yards and 14 touchdowns...all whilst having Cedric run for a bunch also.

And finally, to the OU fans. Enough about the rebuilding. 'We'll lose but we're rebuilding'. 'You'll get us this time as we're rebuilding'. You guys have had a great team last season but Texas' turnover has been the second highest in the league (behind UM) over the last five years, and they've been rebuilding whilst having success. Many could say that this is just as much a rebuilding year for the Longhorns. I think maybe it's just time Texas take the reins back in the Big 12. ;)

All being said, Vince Young has the ability to pick apart the stud linebacker core of Ohio State with his legs. With a magnificent stable of rushers - 5 guys rushed for 50 + yards vs ULL, A.J. Hawk and his gang are going to have to WORK. IMO, Texas has got this.

You are right, same amount of INT's as Leinart, BUT, half as many throws!!!!!:lol: Vince Young is a terrible throwing QB, and 95% of the people who will argue that will be Longhorn fans!!!!

HysterikiLL said:
All being said, Vince Young has the ability to pick apart the stud linebacker core of Ohio State with his legs.

This statement is just backing up everything you are trying to argue against. There is no knock against Young's running ability isn't in question here, its his throwing ability and effectiveness as an NFL QB. Yes, Vince Young is "Vick-like" in his running ability, but that's it. His arm strength, passing awareness and accuracy are no where near Vick's and the latter of which, Vick get critized for all the time.

NorthFloridaFin said:
You are right, same amount of INT's as Leinart, BUT, half as many throws!!!!!:lol: Vince Young is a terrible throwing QB, and 95% of the people who will argue that will be Longhorn fans!!!!

Thank God for someone else with some sence about them. There should be NO comparison between Young and Leinart. All you have to do is look at each of their openers. Both played against teams they should have destroyed. And while the score reflects that both did, lets take a look at the stat line:

Leinart: 18/24 332yds. 3-1
Young: 13/17 173yds. 3-1

Leinart had more completions that Young had passes. And yes, you're going to come back at me with "Well they are a different type of QB". Ok, I'll give you the fact that Young ran for 50yds. and another TD, but once again, we aren't talking about Young's running ability. That seems to be the only arguement for him being a "stud" QB. You never hear about Young's great passing ability. Why is that?

As a QB in the NFL you need to atleast be able to manage a game...with your arm, not your legs! That's what the running back is for. And true, I love the new wave of the mobile QB but having an arm is still a must and should be the primary concern.

Alright, here it comes...all the longhorn fans together now...."Shut up you stupid Aggie! You're just pissed because we always beat you! And Reggie McNeal sucks!" (Oh and I'll be happy to argue the fact that Reggie is a better QB than Vince anyday)

HysterikiLL said:

Ah now a Horn fan is goin to tell me tehy were rebuilding? lol Did ur team lose 10 different starters to teh draft? U guys had Cedric Benson, Derrick Johnson, and Vince Young since 2000 (not VY though) Thoes were ur quality players. And stil u could not beat us. As u can c we lost all of our stars on the O line, Defence and Recivers. So this is why we are rebuilding and especially why we have a rookie QB who may start, if u remeber correctly in VY rookie start against OU he was destroyed and eatin up, mayb that will happen this year with Texas beatin OU. So plz dont try and tell me u guys have been rebuilding since teh past coulpe of years.

AggieFin21 said:
This statement is just backing up everything you are trying to argue against. There is no knock against Young's running ability isn't in question here, its his throwing ability and effectiveness as an NFL QB. Yes, Vince Young is "Vick-like" in his running ability, but that's it. His arm strength, passing awareness and accuracy are no where near Vick's and the latter of which, Vick get critized for all the time.

Thank God for someone else with some sence about them. There should be NO comparison between Young and Leinart. All you have to do is look at each of their openers. Both played against teams they should have destroyed. And while the score reflects that both did, lets take a look at the stat line:

Leinart: 18/24 332yds. 3-1
Young: 13/17 173yds. 3-1

Leinart had more completions that Young had passes. And yes, you're going to come back at me with "Well they are a different type of QB". Ok, I'll give you the fact that Young ran for 50yds. and another TD, but once again, we aren't talking about Young's running ability. That seems to be the only arguement for him being a "stud" QB. You never hear about Young's great passing ability. Why is that?

As a QB in the NFL you need to atleast be able to manage a game...with your arm, not your legs! That's what the running back is for. And true, I love the new wave of the mobile QB but having an arm is still a must and should be the primary concern.

Alright, here it comes...all the longhorn fans together now...."Shut up you stupid Aggie! You're just pissed because we always beat you! And Reggie McNeal sucks!" (Oh and I'll be happy to argue the fact that Reggie is a better QB than Vince anyday)

Id rather have Reggie than Vince any day, he is more of a QB then a reciver who gets to throw.

AJ Hawk will introduce himself to Mr. Young, rudely and often!

Heres a few stats for the doubters of Vince's passing ability. Just for those who make case that he is "the worst quarterback in recent years".

- #1 Prospect in the nation coming out of high school
- At Madison HS, in his junior and senior seasons combined -- completed 205-of-359 passes for 3, 854 yards and 51 TDs (only four INTs). Sure this is HS Football but an awful quarterback doesn't throw 51:4 at any level.
- Most accurate passer in first two years starting in UT history. Ninteenth in NCAA history.
- Has led Texas to points on 107-of-the-220 drives (49%) he has directed
- Averages 12.1 Yards per completion. Matt Leinart averages 12.3 despite having some of the top receivers at his disposal the last few years.
- Sure Leinart threw many more passes (in relation to INT point), but my point was that Young did not need to throw that many passes. He CAN run, and it seems because of that, people are drawn to make the common misjudgement that he can't pass well.

Back
Top Bottom