Thank You David Canter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank You David Canter

The NFL is a results oriented league. If the fans stop going to the games and Ross sees that fans are sick and tired, maybe, maybe he will make a change. Otherwise its the same old same old.

Canter's wrong. We do not have talent greater than 80% of the league. We have middling talent. Right about the league median. And guess what, that's where we finished. The coaching isn't spectacular, but the talent isn't really there unless Canter's thinking guys like Keller and Gibson were out there on the field.

I would argue that having a good coach should get you say, 2 maybe 3 wins alone on coaching. So if we're a middle road talent with an exceptional coach, we get ourselves winning seasons.

We have been 500 since 2009. When will people stop saying we have the talent to be a good team?

perhaps when we get a coach that knows how to get things done. Cameron, Sparano, Philbin, all absolute jokes.

perhaps when we get a coach that knows how to get things done. Cameron, Sparano, Philbin, all absolute jokes.

Yea those guys turned out to be busts but we didn't know until they were given a shot. People could have said the same about Billicheat after his first HC experience. Point is we never know when a HC is going to be successful. Ross has tried the bigger names like Harbaugh and Gruden and Fisher but they have all turned him down. Perhaps if Ross finally has the guts to fire Ireland one of the big names will be willing to come hear.

I will say they have talent but not loaded. Coaching is a problem but when you have a 2013 draft class that did not significantly contribute to the team you need to be fired I'm sorry.

Yea those guys turned out to be busts but we didn't know until they were given a shot. People could have said the same about Billicheat after his first HC experience. Point is we never know when a HC is going to be successful. Ross has tried the bigger names like Harbaugh and Gruden and Fisher but they have all turned him down. Perhaps if Ross finally has the guts to fire Ireland one of the big names will be willing to come hear.

Whoever was in charge of giving them a shot, needs to be shot. I'm not claiming to know who should be our coach now or who should have been in the past, but there's people who's job it is to do that and they need to figure it out. Starts at the top with Ross.

Holy crap! if we were loaded with talent today imagine what we could have been with Keller, Gibson, Hartline and Patterson still in the lineup...

At least he realizes how overrated cornfeds are too.

The coaches were terrible this season. It is very sad.

New front office, new Head Coach, new coaching staff and draft another young QB with a high pick and let him and Tannehill compete.

Major overhaul needed after one of the most embarrassing seasons in Dolphins history.

The wheels are falling off. Sounds to me like Canter is speaking for those who want to lay low.

Personally, i believe the lack of physicality on defense hurt us. We need and should be a 3-4 defense, especially with the players we have. Olivier Vernon may have had 10 plus sacks but he is playing out of position. He's too small to be playing on the dline. What's sad is our best linebacker is koa Misi. Ellerbe and wheeler aren't physical enough.. I'd like to argue that wheeler shouldn't be starting in this league. Have to hope we are able to get a linebacker to replace him or move koa Misi to ilb next to ellerbe.

whos david canter?

David Canter
‏@davidcanter
1h

If you lose to the Jets/Bills and only score 7 points in must win games you don't deserve to call plays or be a head coach. I'm sorry

David Canter ‏@davidcanter1h
This team is loaded with talent. 8-8 is unacceptable. Have better roster than 75-80% of league but not same talent at the HC/OC positions

David Canter ‏@davidcanter45m
I'm excited to hear the owner say "We improved a game. See lots of progress. Stay the course."

David Canter ‏@davidcanter42m
@creek_dan actually I do. Coaching and game planning and motivation were issue not front office

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

He kills it here. He takes the words right out of my brain.

After being a fan of this team for almost 42 long years, the letdown and disappointment for yet another unfulfilling season pains me as much as every Dolphin fan. I will NEVER stop loving this team, but after losing the last two games, when we held the path to the playoffs in our grasp, only to let it slip away, makes me hope that Ross somehow has the balls to realize that this coaching staff and Ireland, needs to be replaced. No more co-ordinators or college coaches without NFL head coach experience will cut it. We've went that route too many times with nothing to show for it. I feel Fortunate to have been a fan during the 70's and throughout the Marino years when we were most always a proud and successful franchise. I just hope a proper coaching staff can be assembled, to lead us back to the great team we once were. That being said, I will never desert this team as a fan, and can only pray that better days are ahead of us, so that all of you who weren't around during those exciting years, will know how great it feels to be a fan of a successful, winning franchise. OK, I'll step off of the soap box now.

You too eh? 40 years and counting for me.

The coaches were terrible this season. It is very sad.

New front office, new Head Coach, new coaching staff and draft another young QB with a high pick and let him and Tannehill compete.

Major overhaul needed after one of the most embarrassing seasons in Dolphins history.
So who would you like to see as the new HC?

Back
Top Bottom