Thank you for everything Wildbill3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you for everything Wildbill3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the other thread got locked I'll say it again here.

I'm sorry I've stayed quiet long enough on the topics.

So many posts here that dismiss and discredit and are generally misinformed.

It's one thing to not want to thank people for VOLUNTEERING on a non-paying site in order to help people post about Miami. It's another thing to hurl accusations both at staying and leaving staff members and frankly it's absolutely ridiculous. People are generally assholes, I've learned this over the years, myself included. Maybe if we found more common ground to stand on and less finger pointing and social agendas everyone would be better off.

Good for them for having the conviction to stand up and leave on their own. I thank them all, past and present for their service to the site because it really is a thankless job.

I’ve been on this board a long time ...Bill was the one who asked me to Moderate a long time ago.....I hope everything is ok Bill?

Much appreciated over my 15 years here. I'm sure I had some disagreements, but now I don't remember when or why. They fade into insignificance in relation to overall caliber. This site was never overly moderated and in particular I love that it maintains the general appearance from when I joined. Great basic features and background, instead of insane change for the sake of change, like the motion sickness logo.

Also there was the proper lack of overreaction to that exodus of a dozen years or so ago. That was like the easiest decision of my life. No thank you.

I also have enjoyed WildBill's occasional post...sharp and to the point

Bill did a lot for the site to keep it from dying years ago and kept it running and thriving for a long time. Gotta remember though, sometimes it gets very hard to balance wanting to be a fair moderator on a site and wanting to be a fan.

We want to make sure this is a thread celebrating Bill, not one that becomes mudslinging (isnt there enough of that right now anyways?)

Bill gave me a chance to be a moderator back in 2008 and eventually I worked my way up to being an Administrator along side him before retiring at the end of 2015. I will always appreciate every chance he gave me and also every chance Henrik gave me too. Though I haven't been in much contact with them in recent years I can fully say they are some of the best guys you can meet in life. Being a staff member for 7 years burned me out, but it was a great experience I will always remember and Bill made it extra special. To be an Admin as long as Bill has been is extremely impressive and I wish him the absolute best of luck in the future.

Being a mod is a highly unappreciated role, being an admin even more so.
Anyone who did it that long deserves a medal.
Time for the first inductees into the Finheaven role of honour?
Mr Henrik & Mr Wildbill

Are they leaving because of the fund raising that's been going on lately? How is that money handled by the administrators?
I am not going to get into the personal details of why each person left other than to say that they all left in good standing.

Money goes toward the hosting, server upgrades and software licensing.

I'll be brief.

First there are a host of people over the years that left a mark on Finheaven, I'm humbled that some feel I'm one of those people. I'll name a few of the ones that left a lasting impression on me (in no particular order good or bad, like or dislike lol), AJ Finheaven, Wharfrat, Fin-atic, D-day, Henrik, Gonzo, Ny8183, Nublar7, Awsi, Boomer, CK, Mary, FFiC, DisturbedShifty, Bumpus, CashinFist, Slimm, Muck, MiaDolfan, Ohall, dlockz, 39wildman, Abrownlamp, Ferretsquig, coolguy, vaark, DrAstroZoom, NYJunc, Clumpy, SteveO, TheMor, Pagan, section126, Buddwalk, TheWalrus, all of the OG 3am Crew, BigBry, and finally the OG POFO crew.

That's not nearly enough names, there are dozens more that have driven several points home to me and taught me life lessons that I'll never forget, but that's the list of names that just pop out of who I admired, who taught me something good or bad, who I've looked up to, and who I'd enjoy a beer with (or have had at least one beer with.)

I couldn't walk away from being an Admin without an extra shout out to D-day and Fin-atic, you're still my boys.

I gave Finheaven everything I had to give, and when I felt I had nothing left to give or when I had nothing left that it wanted, it was time to step down. I hope I left Finheaven better than when I found it, I hope it lives a long life on this web of the sea.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Semper Fidelis

William

ps. Thanks to Henrik for keeping the lights on in this place and for being a gracious host to all of us, both in this virtual space and without.

Last edited:
I'll be brief.

First there are a host of people over the years that left a mark on Finheaven, I'm humbled that some feel I'm one of those people. I'll name a few of the ones that left a lasting impression on me (in no particular order good or bad, like or dislike lol), AJ Finheaven, Wharfrat, Fin-atic, D-day, Henrik, Gonzo, Ny8183, Nublar7, Awsi, Boomer, CK, Mary, FFiC, DisturbedShifty, Bumpus, CashinFist, Slimm, Muck, MiaDolfan, Ohall, dlockz, Abrownlamp, Ferretsquig, coolguy, vaark, DrAstroZoom, NYJunc, Clumpy, SteveO, TheMor, Pagan, section126, Buddwalk, all of the OG 3am Crew, BigBry, and finally the OG POFO crew.

That's not nearly enough names, there are dozens more that have driven several points home to me and taught me life lessons that I'll never forget, but that's the list of names that just pop out of who I admired, who taught me something good or bad, who I've looked up to, and who I'd enjoy a beer with (or have had at least one beer with.)

I couldn't walk away from being an Admin without an extra shout out to D-day and Fin-atic, you're still my boys.

I gave Finheaven everything I had to give, and when I felt I had nothing left to give or when I had nothing left that it wanted, it was time to step down. I hope I left Finheaven better than when I found it, I hope it lives a long life on this web of the sea.

Semper Fidelis

William

ps. Thanks to Henrik for keeping the lights on in this place and for being a gracious host to all of us, both in this virtual space and without.

Be honest you are ready to actually talk **** on the team and not have to give out punishment aren't ya?

This is so ridiculous I didn’t realize how many trolls lurked around. God everyone loves this site but some people choose to spend more time in the real world or one other things and whatever reason they choose to do so doesn’t matter.

WB thanks for working aka volunteering for all the years you did and I apologize for the disrespect on behalf of the internet trolls who unfortunately exist everywhere.

I'll be brief.

First there are a host of people over the years that left a mark on Finheaven, I'm humbled that some feel I'm one of those people. I'll name a few of the ones that left a lasting impression on me (in no particular order good or bad, like or dislike lol), AJ Finheaven, Wharfrat, Fin-atic, D-day, Henrik, Gonzo, Ny8183, Nublar7, Awsi, Boomer, CK, Mary, FFiC, DisturbedShifty, Bumpus, CashinFist, Slimm, Muck, MiaDolfan, Ohall, dlockz, 39wildman, Abrownlamp, Ferretsquig, coolguy, vaark, DrAstroZoom, NYJunc, Clumpy, SteveO, TheMor, Pagan, section126, Buddwalk, TheWalrus, all of the OG 3am Crew, BigBry, and finally the OG POFO crew.

Semper Fidelis

William

Brother Bill we go way back. You have had my back multiple times. It has been a pleasure. I wish you nothing but the very best in life. Semper Fi. :ffic:

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom