Thanks For The Memories | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanks For The Memories

I don’t know how people can be such enthusiasts about a team that they visit a fan message forum often and miss the games. This just doesn’t make sense to me but I guess some people are more social than I am. I had had to choose 1:

Watch the games
By team merch
Visit Finheaven and post

It’s watch the games hands down without thinking twice.

1) No he isn't.

2) He is one of the richest owners. I don't think he would give a crap if the team was hemorrhaging money if he enjoyed being an NFL owner.

3) The Dolphins make money.

4) Ross is 78 years old and will never sell the team. He will retire and pass it on to his handpicked successor (Bruce Beal), or pass away (god forbid) and pass it on to his handpicked successor (Bruce Beal).

Because of federal tax policy, his estate will have to sell it just like Joe Robbie. Damn blood sucking government!!!

Because of federal tax policy, his estate will have to sell it just like Joe Robbie. Damn blood sucking government!!!
He's already named his successor (retirement or death) no idea how he has it set up, tax-wise.

Also, the Robbie's didn't have the funds to pay the estate taxes. They didn't have to sell the team, they couldn't afford to keep it.

Ross is a multi billionaire and would not have any of those issues.

T
Also, the Robbie's didn't have the funds to pay the estate taxes. They didn't have to sell the team, they couldn't afford to keep it.

Ross is a multi billionaire and would not have any of those issues.

I also think the Trump cut lessened this sort of thing for estate taxes. I had a good friend in high school whose family had to sell everything - an apple tree farm and it was a huge one - because they had to pay the estate taxes...

Anyone know the estimated value of the Dolphins!!??

T

I also think the Trump cut lessened this sort of thing for estate taxes. I had a good friend in high school whose family had to sell everything - an apple tree farm and it was a huge one - because they had to pay the estate taxes...

Anyone know the estimated value of the Dolphins!!??

The tax cut had no implications for Ross.

He's one of the richest men in the world.

Not an issue for him regardless of the value.

(BTW, we are the 17th most valuable team, worth $2.575 Billion including the stadium. https://www.forbes.com/teams/miami-dolphins/ )

I get being upset/dejected about a teams performance. I get not blocking off the 3 or so hours on Thursday/Sunday/Monday. But I will always follow my teams to a good extent. I may not spend money on jerseys/hats etc but every team has it's ups and downs. Just a shame this team has bad management which prolongs the down time.

You will go through several phases with this team and one of them is "Had enough"

Had enough can last a half,a game,a season,decades or a lifetime. I personally have done everything up to a season but false hope (and summer boredom) always bring me back for the start of the next let-down.

Im sure one day you will peak back in...Fins start 3 and 0 which will tickle your hope strings leading to the backslide. I will just warn you now that things will be the same until they change and around here there has been no change in 20+ years so tread lightly on your return.

God speed

Back
Top Bottom