Thanks For The Memories | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanks For The Memories

If you enjoy winning, you may want to root for another team. One with national exposure and gets daily accolades from the media. Maybe the Pats.
I have experienced so much joy and witnessed so much greatness with Marino, and watched Shula's March to 347.
Tradition, memories and hope keep me a Fin fan.
I live in Jacksonville, and have the opportunity to switch teams since 1995. So many positives with doing that. Local TV games, sports radio always on, any gear I want to buy is right down the street. So many other to talk football with, I could see a game any Sunday at the stadium, season tickets etc.
But Miami is my team, it will alsways be. I bleed Aqua and orange. My passion for the team allows me to criticise any owner coach or player. But I will always support and defend our logo and colors.

Do what I do bro. 9 years ago I felt this way. So I decided to pick a NFC team to follow. I picked the Chicago Bears. I really like the Bears 9 years later. Yes, I routed for Dolphins to beat them. But I watch every Bears game , and made a Bears living room , and the Dolphins room is in my basement.

First off that room is insane, secondly finding a “back up” team is a really good idea. I don’t think I could ever stop supporting the Fins but having another team to distract me while the Fins rebuild I could consider.

I forgot to mention, if I want to watch winning football and the Find are not playing I always switch to Aaron Rodgers. He's a generation talent and remind day me of the Dan days.

Professional sports is entertainment, a diversion from daily life. Nothing more, really.
I’ve been a fan since 1971 and maybe I’ve mellowed, but I don’t live and die by the dolphins like I did when I was in my 20s and 30s. I have opinions, but I don’t get too high or low when they win or lose.
Perhaps, I’ve developed an appreciation for other things in life and a better perspective on things (at least I’d like to think so)

Do what I do bro. 9 years ago I felt this way. So I decided to pick a NFC team to follow. I picked the Chicago Bears. I really like the Bears 9 years later. Yes, I routed for Dolphins to beat them. But I watch every Bears game , and made a Bears living room , and the Dolphins room is in my basement.
Fitting your Dolphins room is in the basement

First off that room is insane, secondly finding a “back up” team is a really good idea. I don’t think I could ever stop supporting the Fins but having another team to distract me while the Fins rebuild I could consider.
Thing is I love the Dolphins but I am a Bears fan also. I did this after Drew Brees blow it up 1st few years and it hot me hard. So I decided to just follow the Bears have a 2nd. Took 7 years to actually buy memorabilia. But its possible cause I did. Miami will always be my team.

I view my allegiance to the team much the same way I view my marriage. They piss you off more than they should but you love them anyway. I've been through a 1-15 season so this is nothing.

Time to finally move on from this organization. I always enjoy the Hayden Fox assessment and there is some great discussion on this board. I'm sure it'll stop by and check in every few months. You don't just go from 30+ years of following a team to just nothing.

I just feel my time is wasted watching such a deplorable group of management consistently fumbling on their performance. I honestly feel the problems with this team are entirely unrelated to the squad and solely the responsibility management (coaches, etc.). It is unrepairable and now firmly engrained into their core.

Just do what I'm doing this year: I'm not paying any money to the NFL this year. I purposely don't watch any of the games. I vowed before the season even started. So far, I feel justified. I did catch some of the games that were available to me on TV, but otherwise I'm turning a blind eye to the NFL. I keep up with the Dolphins through some highlights and what I see on here.

While I am a fan of the Dolphins, I won't pay (via money or my personal time) for this sh*t. If it never gets better than I'll eventually quit following altogether. For now, nothing lost.

Not that any of your points are wrong necessarily... But if you truly have the stomach to turn your back on your team... you were never worth having in the first place.

This makes no sense to me at all. This team exists for us, not the other way around. It's supposed to be entertainment for US. You're not married to this team. You don't have to give it a portion of your hard-earned paycheck. Basically, do what makes you happy. If these guys ruin your day, then turn off the TV, go outside, and enjoy some sun.

I quit the team about 10 times a game.

Still here.

Just breathe, dude. There's always next Sunday.

It sure must have been fun being a fan in the 70's. Too bad I was too young to appreciate the greatness on the field, management & Coaching!!!!!

It was fun! I was hooked at 5 after watching the '71 Christmas Day playoff win over KC. I ain't ever gonna stop being a fan. And I don't care to find a "backup" team to follow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom