Thanks For The Memories | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanks For The Memories

If I wasnt from Miami this team would have broken me long ago. I will stay forever but I still agree with OP 100%.

This team aint for the faint of heart, this cruel mistress has broken my heart over and over again.

Realistically the team losing money is the best way to fix the problem because Ross will eventually sell. Rosa is the problem.

Realistically the team losing money is the best way to fix the problem because Ross will eventually sell. Rosa is the problem.

1) No he isn't.

2) He is one of the richest owners. I don't think he would give a crap if the team was hemorrhaging money if he enjoyed being an NFL owner.

3) The Dolphins make money.

4) Ross is 78 years old and will never sell the team. He will retire and pass it on to his handpicked successor (Bruce Beal), or pass away (god forbid) and pass it on to his handpicked successor (Bruce Beal).

It sure must have been fun being a fan in the 70's. Too bad I was too young to appreciate the greatness on the field, management & Coaching!!!!!
I have been a fan since 1970. In 1972, I proudly wore my Dolphins varsity jacket with white sleeves and Dolphin logo on chest to school. Being a Penn State fan, I was never as happy when we drafted Dan Marino. I saw his greatness while playing at Pitt. IMO, the organization lost its way when we hired Parcells. We had quality people , like Bryan Wiedmeier, and others pushed out the door. The biggest mistake of all, was bringing in Mike Tannenbaum. He took a decent Jets team and destroyed it. So, you bring him to Miami?

sure_zpseqq6z6vr.gif

I don't see how anyone that's been paying close attention to this team for a decent chunk of time can blame a fan for walking away.

At some point it's just ...

Do what I do bro. 9 years ago I felt this way. So I decided to pick a NFC team to follow. I picked the Chicago Bears. I really like the Bears 9 years later. Yes, I routed for Dolphins to beat them. But I watch every Bears game , and made a Bears living room , and the Dolphins room is in my basement.

Attachments

• IMG_0539(1).jpg
    IMG_0539(1).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 24
We've all debated this position, yet here we are. Nothing different this year.

I made it a point to no longer spend any money on dolphins gear, tickets or promotional items while Ross is the owner. It isn't much, but it is my personal way of reaponding to the misdirection he has put in place.

I'll never not be a Dolphins fan, but I will stop giving them money when all they do is waste it.

Do what I do bro. 9 years ago I felt this way. So I decided to pick a NFC team to follow. I picked the Chicago Bears. I really like the Bears 9 years later. Yes, I routed for Dolphins to beat them. But I watch every Bears game , and made a Bears living room , and the Dolphins room is in my basement.

I can see myself casually routing for another team however that's as far as I will go. I will NEVER buy gear or items to decorate a room, belonging to another team, EVER.

I
I can see myself casually routing for another team however that's as far as I will go. I will NEVER buy gear or items to decorate a room, belonging to another team, EVER.
I thought the same. Then I realized I love the game this much. It's weird and I admit it but it's my passion for the game

It’s just a diversion and an escape to follow along like a soap opera for guys. If you are bored and have no life, sitting around watching football passes the time. So far this season I can skip watching the games and read about it later. I need to see some impressive athletic performance to keep me watching. This team gives me very little incentive to plan around watching them play. It’s a business and if they don’t have some entertainment to offer, I will take my time allotted for amusement elsewhere.

Having a second favorite helps.

Back
Top Bottom