The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 158 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Alex44 said:
No but in Anibals first 13 starts he is 7-2 with a 2.28 ERA

In Becketts last 13 starts he has a losing record with a 5+ ERA

Not saying it means anything, just statistical comparison

You have to look at the competition too. Anibal is pitching in a much much weaker league with weaker line ups. If Anibal was in the AL his ERA would be at least 1 run higher.

And I know everyone is going to bring up Anibal's first game vs. the Yankees but again 1 game doesn't mean anything.

Alex44 said:
No but in Anibals first 13 starts he is 7-2 with a 2.28 ERA

In Becketts last 13 starts he has a losing record with a 5+ ERA

Not saying it means anything, just statistical comparison

One is pitching in the AL and the other is pitching in the NL.

Enough said.

FaninPatsyLand said:
You mean the guy who hit .250 in Double A Portland last year?

Yeah, he would have put us over the top. :lol:

Well now he is hitting 280 with 13 home runs, 10 triples, and around 40 doubles and 44 stolen bases

Im not saying he would have put you over the top but he is going to be a very fine player

FaninPatsyLand said:
One is pitching in the AL and the other is pitching in the NL.

Enough said.

You act like there arent major league hitters in the NL

Either way its not a 3+ run a game difference, when Pedro went to the NL his ERA only lowered by 1 run

Alex44 said:
You act like there arent major league hitters in the NL

Either way its not a 3+ run a game difference, when Pedro went to the NL his ERA only lowered by 1 run

The NL sucks. That's all that needs to be said.

FaninPatsyLand said:
The NL sucks. That's all that needs to be said.

No the NL is mediocre, everyone beats up on eachother, thats a sign of mediocricy

How will you feel if the NL wins the world series :tongue:

Get Up And Go said:

I thought I was the only one that thought that

I hate the DH, if the pitcher is going to play he should have to hit, it adds more strategy and you need more bench depth

GreenMonster said:
Watching your pitcher K 3 times a night = lame also

DH isn't going away so learn to live with it..

Its not going away but that doesnt make it any less lame.

Its actually pretty fun watching your pitcher go up there believe it or not

GreenMonster said:
Watching your pitcher K 3 times a night = lame also

DH isn't going away so learn to live with it..

DH instituted by the AL to keep up with the NL back in the day:D

Alex44 said:
Its not going away but that doesnt make it any less lame.

Its actually pretty fun watching your pitcher go up there believe it or not

when the pitcher hits a homer or rbi double= awesome

Get Up And Go said:
when the pitcher hits a homer or rbi double= awesome

One of the top moments this season was watching Scott Olsen get his first career hit, he never has a hit in the minors and then boom he breaks out this year and starts hitting the ball well

Ok, not to go on a huge rant here but:

After reading numerous articles in newpapers, listening to reports on TV and posters in this website and others I find things very hypocritical. People kill the Red Sox for making the Beckett deal and giving up 2 of their top 5 prospects, because Hanley and Sanchez are so far turning out to be pretty good MLB players. Yet the same people kill the Red Sox for not trading any of their other prospects for players at the trading deadline that most likely wouldn't have helped the team win in the playoffs or even make the playoffs. You can't have it both ways. Maybe the Red Sox learned from their mistakes?

Anyway with that being said I'm very down on the Red Sox FO right now. They claimed that they're planning for the future, which I have no problem with in fact wanted to do it back in 2003, in 2007, 2008 and beyond, well 2007 is next year and right now they have a lot of work to do in the off season. This team is either going to be flat out nasty with their cheap young and good prospects coming up mixed with their veterns and FA or they're going to flat out suck due to the players being overhyped or misscouted. I just really hope the FO knows what they're doing because really since July 2004 it has been a disaster trading and signing players wise. And from August on it has been a very upsetting few weeks compared to the good season of 2003, 2004 and 2005.

Back
Top Bottom